These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mindlink BPO/LP item desparately needs to be seeded

Author
Ryuce
#21 - 2012-02-06 08:09:50 UTC
Rakshasa Verr wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Why should mindlinks be cheaper than an average +5% hardwiring?

I feel like you haven't read the thread at all because I already answered this but I will go through it once again. Mindlinks take about 50-60 days more training than a 5% hardwiring and are T2 items that are essential to a specific ship module, gang warfare links. Mindlinks were not broken when they were much cheaper and the dramatic price increase was not intentional, it was a byproduct of the level 4 storyline mission change. Mindlinks also promote specialized groups and teammwork while your standard 5% hardwiring does not.

Mindlinks would fit into the LP store perfectly at the 3% hardwiring or +4 implant category price levels.

While you make some decent arguments, establishing precedence like this would allow for people make valid complaints every time an expansion made drop changes or influence the marked in general. I wasn't please about the mindlink prices either, but the current prices aren't exactly huge, when considering that such a powerful moduls price is solely regulated by the marked, with no LP store etc. coming into play.
Arcathra
Technodyne Ltd.
#22 - 2012-02-06 09:24:30 UTC
Rakshasa Verr wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

I feel like you haven't read the thread at all because I already answered this but I will go through it once again. Mindlinks take about 50-60 days more training than a 5% hardwiring and are T2 items that are essential to a specific ship module, gang warfare links. Mindlinks were not broken when they were much cheaper and the dramatic price increase was not intentional, it was a byproduct of the level 4 storyline mission change. Mindlinks also promote specialized groups and teammwork while your standard 5% hardwiring does not.

Mindlinks would fit into the LP store perfectly at the 3% hardwiring or +4 implant category price levels.

I absolutely agree.

Those implants are seen as more or less essential when flying a command ship or industrial command ship but especially the mining foreman mindlink costs a silly lot of ISK. Either seed them through the LP store like Rakshasa Verr suggested or let us produce them.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#23 - 2012-02-06 15:53:16 UTC
I'd love to see BPCs for these implants that can be found through exploration. Don't put the implant in the loot table. Maybe add the BPCs to other rare faction rat spawns (Angels might drop the skirmish one, for instance).

So if you wanted to find that particular BPC you could:

- Buy it from an LP store (guaranteed)
- Find it via exploration anywhere in EVE
- Loot it off of a specific rat type (limited to a specific set of regions where that rat type spawns)

Three sources, three options for obtaining it.

Plus, if done as a BPC, you could setup the manufacturing step to require some of the lesser desired PI materials, boosting their demand slightly, making PI a bit more central to the economy, leading to PI being worth more as something to fight over with DUST.

(I'd also add some of the lesser desired T1 salvage to the list of materials, that way the implants would require inputs from at least two different material sources. Maybe even require some minerals and moon-sourced components.)
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#24 - 2012-02-06 16:35:16 UTC
I, too, would like to be able to produce HG Slave sets from tritanium and farts as they are essential to the operation of my Damnation

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#25 - 2012-02-09 01:52:49 UTC
Rakshasa Verr wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Exactly this.

Current mindlink prices also are prohibitive to using actual command ships on the field.... kind of like CCP want them to be used.

[CCP made a post elsewhere on forum about reversing Command Ship and T3 gang boosts for exactly that reason, along with possible on grid only effects]
FASTTRACKS0
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#26 - 2012-02-09 06:39:57 UTC
I concur, something should be done... 600-1bil is ridiculous... We should be able to produce the Mining Foreman Mindlink or they should make them more available either by the suggested LP stores or via storyline agents or special drops.

I've seen and heard so many stories about how just a couple years ago these things were 40mil. 8 months ago they were around 360-380mil now they are at average of 700mil with only about 50 on the market...

CCP please do something...

Lets make the Mining Foreman Mindlink more reasonable.
Stella SGP
#27 - 2012-02-09 11:10:13 UTC
I too want to be able to buy DS mods from LP store or manufacture them from tritanium, at its current cost of billions per module, its ridiculous. CCP do something! So people can start using them in PVP more and they can get blown up in gloriously in battles!
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#28 - 2012-02-09 11:16:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
IIRC this price increase happened within a 4 day span about 18 months ago or so.

I had bought 5 of them for 98,000,000 and then noticed they sold for 150,000,000. Went back to Amarr for more and they were already 235,000,000. Literally within days. OBVIOUS manipulation spurred by the announcement of additional Storylines though. They hopped onto a price-hike, and it's never come down.

BUT they should be rather expensive. BTW, how come nobody complains about the price of the Michi Implant ?????

{{{{{{ sprays anti-Bumblefck Repellant }}}}}

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Arcathra
Technodyne Ltd.
#29 - 2012-02-09 11:27:42 UTC
No one says that those implants should be build out of a handful of tritanium.

I think a price of 50 to 150 million ISK for any Mindlink would be okay. They are in demand but the supply is very short hence the prices skyrocket. They were not a problem before the storyline mission changes and it is very likely that the short supply of those implants wasn't intended by the devs. If that is true, there is a good chance they havn't even noticed and there are multiple ways to increase the supply. Some good ones were already mentioned.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#30 - 2012-02-09 12:45:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Arcathra wrote:
They were not a problem before the storyline mission changes and it is very likely that the short supply of those implants wasn't intended by the devs.

Oh...I believe they noticed and know.

It's ALL about screwing around with Industrialists anymore. Roll

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Velicitia
XS Tech
#31 - 2012-02-09 14:27:22 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

BTW, how come nobody complains about the price of the Michi Implant ?????

[fake QQ]
I can't believe that CCP is letting people sell this measly 5% bonus implant for 700m+ ISK!! It's not fairrrr
[/QQ]

As an aside ... are you honestly *ever* going to get podded with a mining mindlink?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

August Guns
Generic Technologies and Futures Organization
#32 - 2012-02-09 17:22:36 UTC  |  Edited by: August Guns
I am in favor of continuing the push for a player-driven economy if only because it expands game content at the expense of RNG drops. RNG should not be the best way to design game mechanics, especially when it comes to economics. If you want to get a mindlink now, you need to grind, WoW style, through missions until you get your fuzzy +10 hat.

Having T1 implant BPOs are an excellent way to start. CCP can introduce new materials for implants that can be tied into new content for areas of the game (i.e.: implant "goo" found in Faction Warfare/Wormhole space).

No building pirate implants, though. Those need to stay in the LP stores.
Arcathra
Technodyne Ltd.
#33 - 2012-02-10 06:56:54 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

BTW, how come nobody complains about the price of the Michi Implant ?????

[fake QQ]
I can't believe that CCP is letting people sell this measly 5% bonus implant for 700m+ ISK!! It's not fairrrr
[/QQ]

As an aside ... are you honestly *ever* going to get podded with a mining mindlink?

Can happen. You do realise that even people who lead mining operations do PvP or fly through Low-Sec occasionaly or even regulary. Of course you could change your clone everytime you do it, but sometimes that isn't possible or practical.

Regarding the Michi implant: that is a different story. It seems not to be in high demand and that additional 5% bonus isn't that significant to a mining barge/exhumer as the mindlinks for (industrial) command ships.
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#34 - 2012-02-10 09:33:53 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

Ok, let me put this scenario to you

One of my alts has the mindlink in, and we join a 0.0 corp, the normal way of getting clones up there are the usual set medical and pod-express, but instead you've got to fly the clone up there due to the mindlink, so there's plenty of opportunity if you're unlucky enough to stumble on a good gate-camp.

The last time I left 0.0, we were evacuating the area and I was lucky enough to catch a titan bridge out to low-sec.

So there are chances to get your mindlink killed, not huge chances, but chances all the same.

I think the idea of them been seeded on the LP stores (all mindlinks) is a great one, I'd be happy spending LP's and a good chunk of isk, they don't want to be too cheap, currently I think the most expensive things are 800,000 LP and 80,000,000 Isk and that's things like Rattlesnakes, Nightmares, Bhaalgorns etc.
Thinking about it, why should a little box you plug into your head cost as much as a battleship, maybe around the 350-400k LP and 35-40mil Isk seems about right.

And as long as it's not for a limited corp like ORE where they're all nullsec Roll
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#35 - 2012-02-10 09:57:09 UTC
Industrialists are not and should not ever be immune from the whims of the RNG, whether relating to drop rate or mission distribution. If CCP does something to 'rectify' this, then I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#36 - 2012-02-10 10:35:24 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Industrialists are not and should not ever be immune from the whims of the RNG, whether relating to drop rate or mission distribution. If CCP does something to 'rectify' this, then I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

Which is why ALL mindlinks should be seeded on the LP stores, not just the Mining ones.

It's yet another kick in the teeth for the few industrialists that are left wondering why they still continue. I've got no doubt that there were many arguments for and against them becoming rarer at the time.

The other solution of course is to make them a legacy item, remove them from the game and nobody has the advantage over someone else :)

It's basically down to supply and demand, whilever supply is limited and demand is high (be it botters or genuine miners) wanting them, then the prices will always be high, CCP can't fix the price any way apart from seeding them more.

And Bumblefck, you can have your estemels invuln when I find a state issue raven in my hangar.

I can see arguments both ways, but looking at eve-marketdata.com, all the others can be found for well under 120mil, and they all improve the efficiency of the fleet, so using them to farm incursions etc leads to more isk, yet the mining one is 640mil+, can't help but feel a little unbalanced.

There's no solution that will please everyone unless they just seed them and nobody (apart from the investors who've got a few stashed away waiting for the prices to rise higher and higher) would lose out.

Industrialists are already seen as the low-life of eve, why give them another kick?
Stella SGP
#37 - 2012-02-10 11:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Stella SGP
Emma Royd wrote:
And Bumblefck, you can have your estemels invuln when I find a state issue raven in my hangar.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. 1 is an in-game drop and another is only given out in tournaments. You were crying about mindlinks. Cause god forbids an item that is only available through storyline missions.

I too demand to be able to moon mine in hi-sec cause god forbids an item to be only available by taking part in null-sec epeen drama.

I too demand the State Raven bpc to be seeded in the LP store or sold on market. It make absolutely no sense for a ship to cost over 100 bils. MAKE IT CHEAPER, so people can start using them in PVP more often!

I don't believe that moon mining and a ship of this caliber should be out of reach for the average industrialist. Things like that destroys my industry sandbox.
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#38 - 2012-02-10 12:40:16 UTC
Stella SGP wrote:
Emma Royd wrote:

That makes absolutely no sense at all. 1 is an in-game drop and another is only given out in tournaments. You were crying about mindlinks. Cause god forbids an item that is only available through storyline missions.

I too demand to be able to moon mine in hi-sec cause god forbids an item to be only available by taking part in null-sec epeen drama.

I too demand the State Raven bpc to be seeded in the LP store or sold on market. It make absolutely no sense for a ship to cost over 100 bils. MAKE IT CHEAPER, so people can start using them in PVP more often!

I don't believe that moon mining and a ship of this caliber should be out of reach for the average industrialist. Things like that destroys my industry sandbox.

Was I crying about mindlinks? I was joining in on a thread about mindlinks and expressing an opinion, is that so wrong?

I commented that All mindlinks should be available via the LP store, not just the mining ones, and you missed the humour about the state issue raven.

the problem with the sandbox is every so often, CCP comes along and takes a dump in the sandbox, which is why the mining mindlink costs over 5 times as much as the other ones, so there's obviously an inbalance somewhere, I know about random etc, you could get the same one 5 times in a row, it's random, but the thing is they could redress the balance should they want to, and slowly that would bring the price of them down to be comparable with the others.

I don't get the reference to moon mining, if I wanted to live in nullsec I'd live in nullsec, I don't want to live in nullsec so I don't live in nullsec. If I wanted to mine Ark, Bist, Crok, Merc, Dark Glitter etc, I'd live in null, and put up with the nullsec politics.

Stella SGP
#39 - 2012-02-10 14:02:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Stella SGP
Emma Royd wrote:
Was I crying about mindlinks? I was joining in on a thread about mindlinks and expressing an opinion, is that so wrong?

I commented that All mindlinks should be available via the LP store, not just the mining ones, and you missed the humour about the state issue raven.

the problem with the sandbox is every so often, CCP comes along and takes a dump in the sandbox, which is why the mining mindlink costs over 5 times as much as the other ones, so there's obviously an inbalance somewhere, I know about random etc, you could get the same one 5 times in a row, it's random, but the thing is they could redress the balance should they want to, and slowly that would bring the price of them down to be comparable with the others.

I don't get the reference to moon mining, if I wanted to live in nullsec I'd live in nullsec, I don't want to live in nullsec so I don't live in nullsec. If I wanted to mine Ark, Bist, Crok, Merc, Dark Glitter etc, I'd live in null, and put up with the nullsec politics.

Because I don't see a problem with the prices. So what if they cost a billion ISK? You want the extra few % you pay for it, much like the +6% implants which cost so much more as well for an extra 1%. The reason it cost so damn much in the first place is because someone is willing to pay for it. If the price of an item is not to your liking, you could either A) Don't buy it, or B) Pony up the cash. There is really no need to come up with all sorts of excuses to change the game.

Oh yea and for all the references, I was just trying to show that you can't expect to have the best of everything to be affordable to everyone. Otherwise everyone will be PVPing in +5s/ +6% implants and officer mods as it becomes a "standard" and everyone will be laughing at you for not using them when they see your killmail.

Also GOD FORBIDS something to be only available in Hi-Sec!
Salcon Cliff
Zephyr Corp
#40 - 2012-02-10 14:07:37 UTC
^^Exactly -

If it ain't worth the 750 million, don't buy it.