These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Great video game quotes.

First post First post
Author
#21 - 2011-09-16 20:03:25 UTC
Kain: Raziel... the Abyss has been unkind.
Raziel: I am your creation, Kain. Now, as before, you criticize your own work.

"Most ironic of all, was the last gift that Raziel had given me. More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision that his sacrifice had accorded me. The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion: hope. " - Kain

Raziel the Sarafan: "You're a righteous fiend, aren't you?"
Raziel the Reaver: "Apparently, I am."

and a long one.
Kain: Thirty years hence, I am presented with a dilemma... let's call it a two-sided coin. If the coin falls one way, I sacrifice myself and thus restore the Pillars... but as the last surviving vampire in Nosgoth, this would mean the annihilation of our species... Moebius made sure of that. If the coin lands on the reverse, I refuse the sacrifice and thus doom the Pillars to an eternity of collapse. Either way, the game is rigged.
Raziel: We agree then that the Pillars are crucial and must be restored.
Kain: Yes, Raziel, that is why we've come full-circle to this place.
Raziel: So after all this, you make my case for me. To end this stalemate, you must die so that new Guardians can be born.
Kain: The Pillars don't belong to them, Raziel... they belong to us.
Raziel: Your arrogance is boundless, Kain.
Kain: There's a third option, a monumental secret hidden in your very presence here. But it's a secret you have to discover for yourself. Unearth your destiny, Raziel. It's all laid out for you here.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.
Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

God, I love that series.
RIP Tony Jay (The Elder God).

Everyone vs. Everyone Online

"The universe is made of stories, not atoms"

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#22 - 2011-09-16 20:03:57 UTC
GTA: Vice City

Lance Vance and Tommy Vercetti steal some cop uniforms to complete a job. Once the uniforms are on, they compare notes...

LANCE: Ooo. Fits perfectly!
TOMMY: bit tight around the crotch though...
LANCE: Oh yeah yeah, mine too. Mine too.

Nearly blew coke out of nose after hearing that dialogue.

This space for rent.

Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#23 - 2011-09-16 20:13:07 UTC
Wheatley: "Alright. So that last test was... seriously disappointing. Apparently being civil isn't motivating you. So let's try things her way... fatty. Adopted fatty. Fatty fatty no-parents."
GLaDOS:"And...?"
Wheatley: "What?"
GLaDOS: "What exactly is wrong with being adopted?"
Wheatley: "Well, wha.. What's wrong with being adopted? Wha- uh... well ummm... for one lack of parents..."
GLaDOS: "(For the record you ARE adopted and that's TERRIBLE)"
Wheatley: "...and also... nothing! But.. uh.. some of my best friends are dear orphans"
Azelor Delaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2011-09-16 21:53:24 UTC
Kala Starfury wrote:
Sgt. Avery J. Johnson from Halo CE on Legendary:

"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-***** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?"

Sergeant Major Avery Johnson, Halo 2:

Cortana: The message just repeats: Regret, regret, regret...

Cmdr. Keyes: Catchy, anyone know what it means?

Johnson: Dear Humanity: We regret being alien bastards; we regret coming to Earth. And we most certainly regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!

Pilots: Oorah!
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-09-17 10:57:03 UTC
“I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."
-if you don't know i'm not going to tell you

also,

HK-47: "Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally."
Player: "I don't think 'killee' is a word."
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
―HK-47 KOTOR

Anything else that HK47 says (spoilers if you haven't played kotor)

Kerrigan: Captain Raynor, I've finished scouting out the area, and... you pig!
Raynor: What! I haven't even said anything to you yet.
Kerrigan: Yeah, but you were thinking it.
Raynor: Oh, yeah! you're a telepath.

Some that are drilled into my head and will never leave:

"Stay awhile and listen" -d.cain Diablo II
any unit quote from starcraft "SCV good to go!"
"Mobius One, engage" -sky eye Ace Combat 4
Gavin DeVries
JDI Industries
#26 - 2011-09-17 18:07:13 UTC
From Thief 2: The Metal Age, an overheard conversation between two rival groups of guards:

- And I'm telling you that the only stench heartier than your rotting burrick of a master, is the liquor on his fetid breath. If he comes near Lady van Vernon again, we'll boil his knickers.
- Whoa-ho! Mighty fine words, coming from a knock-kneed, inbred, page-boy, such as yourself. Our good Master Willey wouldn't be caught near that frumpy, little trollop, unless he were holding her back at the end of a halberd.
- How dare you defile the name of someone so good and virtuous as the Lady van Vernon. Our Lady is a saint among mortal women. An angel so pure the heavens couldn't hold her!
- Your Lady, an 'angel?' You're lucky the Dockside whorekeeps aren't bashing down her door for stealing their clientele. Why, just last night, I saw her out back warming up the stable-boy.
- Such slander will not be tolerated while we're on watch. You'd best run and rescue your helpless limp lord, before he flounders in his own vomit...or wakes up naked in a hen-coop! Scurry off! Or you'll acquire some unnecessary ventilation!
- Is that a threat, you shriveled old maid? You go to prick us with your sewing needles? On this side a' the street, we shoot like soldiers, so don't make promises your arrows won't keep!
- You've gone-! You've gone too far this time you camel-mannered, tunic-wearing, molly-coddle! An arrow to the throat ought to shut you up!
- Raaaaah! Have at thee!

PVP is a question with no single right answer, but a lot of wrong ones.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#27 - 2011-09-17 22:12:44 UTC
Look at you....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Reiisha
#28 - 2011-09-18 08:57:49 UTC
"Hi, my name is Akhmed, but you can call me Timmy!"

Cookies for who guesses where this one comes from. Very underrated game.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

BLACK-STAR
#29 - 2011-09-18 09:02:08 UTC
Embrace Eternity.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#30 - 2011-09-18 10:03:44 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
Embrace Eternity.

that reminds me of another one

“Joker did ask me record any parts of our conversation where my eyes 'do that freaky black eternity thing.' ”
Chaosmancer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-09-18 18:10:31 UTC
"Achtung, achtung! Panther."

Panther tanks in Company of heroes
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2011-09-18 20:08:23 UTC
"Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And i'm all outta gum" - Duke Nukem 3D

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?" GLaDOS Portal 1
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#33 - 2011-09-18 20:30:52 UTC
My vision is augmented - Deus Ex
Just because I saved her doesn't mean I was going to charge up her loading ramp - Knights of the old Republic 2

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-09-18 22:25:22 UTC
"Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!"
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2011-09-18 22:55:20 UTC
There's an equipment merchant in Hellgate: London named Arlo.

"Come again soon if you're not killed by the faulty **** I sold you!"
"I stole my most crappy items from other people's toilets. I know! I have a fuckinging serious brain problem!"

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Cpt Placeholder
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2011-09-19 01:31:25 UTC
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind." -SC1 Ghost
"You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands." -DX1 Morpheus AI
mute
Nightmare Industries.
#37 - 2011-09-19 03:50:16 UTC  |  Edited by: mute
"Oh I know what the ladies like" Johnson Halo 2

Pretty much everything from Portal 2

"Penetration!" World of tanks

"Dear Sarge, having fun kicking ass in outerspace, wish you were here" "I heard that, Jackass" Halo 2

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME???*Looks at camera" Jak and Daxter
Cuircuir Moustache
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-09-19 16:06:02 UTC
Ben : You know what might look better on your nose?
Barman : What?
Ben : The Bar! Now don't mess around with me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Full Throttle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doP8gF2rais&

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#39 - 2011-09-19 16:14:53 UTC
Any line from the Homeworld games are gold.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Zey Nadar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2011-09-19 18:08:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Zey Nadar
Some quotes from my favorite RPG ever. I so wish CCP can pull off the world of darkness in the same fashion.

"It's mesmerizing liquid, isn't it? The color, the bouquet, the form. When I was a kid I used to wait for the snap of the rat trap. It would trickle out of the animal's face and ooze just far enough to coagulate around the cheese.. a poetic death."
- Vandal, Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines

"Real terror is not the sight of death, it is the fear of death. What is the fear of death? Terror of the unknown. Is it these eyes you peer into? No, I am not the unknown. You and I are closer kin than you and it were."
- Pisha, Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines

Some others:

"I don't need a gun, I'm a weapon of mass destruction!"
"You're an idiot and we're going to die!"
- Two random NPC thugs from city of heroes, iirc

"Another visitor! Stay awhile.. stay FOREVER! MUAHAHAHA!"
- Impossible mission 2 intro, commodore amiga
Previous page123Next page