These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Permaban

Author
Dan Aldeland
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-19 00:47:54 UTC
I would like to express my interest in having you include Permabans for bot users / isk farmers the first time they are caught.

Allowing them 3 chances to get caught is using up CCP rescoures and doing an injustice to honest players.
usrevenge
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-09-19 01:28:29 UTC
agreed, there is no point in this 3 chance rule. also if it took 1 year to get caught once will it take another year to get caught a 2nd time?

also, inb4 bot accounts sell their character with 2 strikes.
BLACK-STAR
#3 - 2011-09-19 01:49:01 UTC
This strike rule is there, because logically people could be mistaken for it. CCP weighs final judgement on accumulated reports, because you never know if its really legit or not.

If it is proven/detected to be actual scripting/botting then I think you should deserve a perm ban on first offense since any temporary ban would be pointless as these resources are liquidated into ISK/items/PLEX, it would just be shuffled around.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-09-19 18:49:11 UTC
Yes. If you are caught botting you should immediately recieve a permaban. Said permaban should however be verified by a GM in game with no doubt whatsoever.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Goose99
#5 - 2011-09-20 04:56:08 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
This strike rule is there, because logically people could be mistaken for it. CCP weighs final judgement on accumulated reports, because you never know if its really legit or not.

If it is proven/detected to be actual scripting/botting then I think you should deserve a perm ban on first offense since any temporary ban would be pointless as these resources are liquidated into ISK/items/PLEX, it would just be shuffled around.

If there's no solid proof, there should be no warning or ban at all.

If there is proof, the ban should be permanent.

If you suspect something, keep collecting logs without them noticing, instead of giving the botter warning - chance to liquidate characters/assets to escape punishment, then set up another account to continue botting until receiving warning on that account, rinse and repeat.
Kaelie Onren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-09-21 15:45:51 UTC
Problem here is establishing proof. It's not easy to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is using a bot
Gallion
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#7 - 2011-09-22 06:15:44 UTC
I agree with this. Plus I also say that PERMABAN'D M.V. should be an In-game song for players.

This is a Signature, It makes people Stare. (Man I gotta Make one , or Find one to steal)

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-22 14:25:50 UTC
Kaelie Onren wrote:
Problem here is establishing proof. It's not easy to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is using a bot

Forum ate my post...so here we go again.

It is actually quite easy for CCP to identify a bot without a shadow of a doubt. It is also fairly easy for players to identify them. Just gotta know what you are doing. I am absolutely positive that CCP has many ways to identify bots.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Goose99
#9 - 2011-09-23 03:33:34 UTC
Kaelie Onren wrote:

Assuming it's true, which it's not, giving them warning before you do have proof, so they can make plans accordingly, does not help.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#10 - 2011-09-23 03:48:55 UTC
Kaelie Onren wrote:

Best system I've seen for identifying bots is suicide ganking them. Macro bots generally log off IMMEDIATELY upon their ship being destroyed. Some will do so if the ship drops to a certain level of shields or armor. A player will either idle in the pod (afk mining) or run, not log.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.