These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help: How to import character order and wallet info into Excel

Author
Corpia Sin
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-02 18:34:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Corpia Sin
First I began doing this manually in notepad in game: For example this is what I want to do in Excel and have it as automated as possible

B) Jita Sell C) Buy P/U Average D) Profit Per Unit E)Units Bought F)Total Isk Spent G)Total Earned In Sell
H)Total Profit I)Profit Margin

Basic Math
Tripped Power Circuit: bought 201 @ 58512 = 11,760,912
Jita Sell @ 79000 x 201 = 15,879,000 - 11,760,912 = 4,118,088 Per day
D/B = Profit Margin of 25%

Now I can do this manually in excel as you can see but having a couple hundred orders will be too tedious. Because to do this I have to go to my wallet and count the number of units bought and at "X" price. I also need to find the average buy price, for example: if I buy tripped power circuit at different price points lets say in different regions I have to manually find the average then plug it into excel before I can see the results. Then I have to find the average Jita sell.

Since the market fluctuates I don't see how I can do this manually and maintain my sanity.

TLDR:
Is there a way to import my character's orders into excel as well as the refreshed market data to pull the average Jita sell price.

I have searched the forums and found inconsistent and cryptic information. For example one guy talks about creating a macro button in excel that pulls your api info while another talks about using autodumping and c+ programming.

If it is that difficult I guess I will do it manually but I felt I should ask.

I currently use evementat and am familiar with using its functions but I need something to show my profit margins.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#2 - 2012-02-02 19:20:34 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=608543#post608543 may be of use. for importing information.

However, what I'd suggest, while substantially more involved, is using YaPeal (with a local mysql and php install, like XAMPP) to pull down your wallet and order information into a local database. Then you can use excel as a front end, using the mysql odbc drivers. That way, you don't need to worry about pulling down information from the wallet transactions and storing it somewhere (It'll only give you the last 1000 entries)

As for getting market data, you could use the webserver and php that comes with XAMPP, along with the eve-marketeer unified uploader and the cheap and nasty endpoint code available from my site, to load it into the same database.

I'd recommend if you do go down this route, you get a copy of the static data dump as well, to use in your database queries.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Corpia Sin
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-02 20:07:31 UTC
Thank you. I place my api info into those links and I just get # error. Assuming the character id is my name, I know I have a valid vcode and Id# that I use in mentat so not sure why this doesnt work. I will look into those other things you mentioned. However I know little about anything you mentioned. I will do my best.

I just found asset manager mod which I like. Between that and Mentat I guess I can get the info I need relatively quickly and still input it in excel manually if I can't figure this out. The odds are against me for sure :)
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#4 - 2012-02-02 20:24:43 UTC
Character id is a number.

Yours is 1742918815

https://api.eveonline.com/eve/CharacterID.xml.aspx?names=Corpia%20Sin

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Corpia Sin
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-02-02 20:42:46 UTC
still doesnt work - just my luck

oh well thanks for your help

ive plugged everything correctly into this link https://api.eveonline.com/char/WalletTransactions.csv.aspx?keyID=[your key id]&vcode=[your key's vcode]&characterID=[your character's id]
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#6 - 2012-02-02 21:04:03 UTC
That looks like it should work. hmm. you've tried it in a browser first? How about if you replace the csv with xml? anything then?

If not, I'm stumped. (assuming your api key allows access to your wallet transactions)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Corpia Sin
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-02-02 23:13:30 UTC
# error ParameterUserOrKeyIDRequired: Must provide userID or keyID parameter for authentication.

Not sure why.

I put in my vcode, my id, and the character id like you said