These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

NeoCom

First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#21 - 2012-02-02 16:47:06 UTC
Tommyboy wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Have you considered simply double clicking the top bar of your chat window to minimize it down to a single thin bar (that shows the chat channel names and population) at the very bottom of your screen?

This functionality was not removed.

yet u need to move the window after double clicking again in order to be able to read anything.

doing this with the window positioned somewhere on the top of the screen might be the way to go tho, but needs
a lot of time for rethinking.

This may be working differently for you, but when I double click the top bar on my other chats (grouped together) it drops to the bottom of my screen (all channel names, etc.) are still visible.

When I do this my local window stays in its position on top of the bar (meaning it drops to the bottom of the screen as well).

When I double click again, both windows resume their normal positons on the screen.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

CCP Masheen
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2012-02-02 16:54:26 UTC
Jayem See wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. In the interest of un-hijacking this thread I posted it here:

Ships Window

I've tried number 1 to no avail.

Am extremely reluctant to try the others
Quote:
(no prizes for guessing what this will do!)

The amount of shiznit I will have to reselect boggles my mind...........

EDIT MAJOR STYLE - this did solve the problem but it took a couple of session changes to do so - thanks for your help.

Regrettable that some of your settings will have died in the fire but awesome that it's now working o/

- EVE Online Quality Assurance -

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-02-02 16:56:12 UTC
Goumeka Ghalvia wrote:
NeoCom

Problems since the change:

1. Inability to monitor the state of the channels (such as local) while minimized.

[snip]

Possible fixes:

1. Need the option to move channels and channel groups onto the bar.

[snip]

THIS.
Liu Ellens
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-02-02 17:10:05 UTC
By the way, why was the current day of the month removed from the time display (at the bottom)?
I was quite used to it and found it useful. It also was a bigger button for opening the calendar...

(Or did I miss some new setting?)

Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for shure.

Disdaine
#25 - 2012-02-02 18:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Disdaine
Allow chat channels to be minimised to bar with a small overlay showing channel count / abbreviated label. Also allow the option to disable auto grouping for other windows like agent conversations. Making people hover over multiple grouped buttons to try and find the one they want is in no way whatsoever an improvement. This is pants on head stupid. It hurts me inside to think that someone was getting paid for this.

Option of setting windows to not be displayed on neocom unless minimised such as cargohold, scanner etc.

Some kind of divider between actual neocom buttons and minimised window butttons(tabs).

Clock/calendar display options.

Option to display either poorly rendered small character portrait or character name.

Move skill training information rollover from tiny skill progress bar back to character button / character portrait / character name.

Option to disable skill progress bar, seems a bit out of place.

More options, less :awesome: please.
Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#26 - 2012-02-02 18:03:16 UTC
CCP Masheen wrote:
Jayem See wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. In the interest of un-hijacking this thread I posted it here:

Ships Window

Quote:

EDIT MAJOR STYLE - this did solve the problem but it took a couple of session changes to do so - thanks for your help.

Regrettable that some of your settings will have died in the fire but awesome that it's now working o/

If we had the functionality I've linked in my sig those burned settings could rise from the ashes.
Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-02-02 18:12:18 UTC
Palovana wrote:
CCP Masheen wrote:
Jayem See wrote:

Ships Window

Quote:

If we had the functionality I've linked in my sig those burned settings could rise from the ashes.

That is prob one of the most sensible ideas I've seen in a while. Make settings like overview.

Simple.

Aaaaaaand relax.

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#28 - 2012-02-02 18:17:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
I'd also like to point out how completely useless unnameable/uncolorable/unIconchangeableRoll groups are currently. And that you cant drag buttons through multiple groups and can only take buttons away from them.
Realistically I could see a group two deep for browser+notes/calc etc than to browser bookmarks. Yet currently its just another broken feature as every group is just "group" and looks the same tell you see whats inside.
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab303/Firetempest/groupmaze.png
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#29 - 2012-02-02 18:19:17 UTC
Jayem See wrote:
Indeed - it is shut every time I dock without fail - no matter what state it was in upon undock.

My items menu does that even if i leave it open upon undocking, though my ships window stays open everytime i undock/dock back up.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-02-02 18:21:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayem See
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Jayem See wrote:
Indeed - it is shut every time I dock without fail - no matter what state it was in upon undock.

My items menu does that even if i leave it open upon undocking, though my ships window stays open everytime i undock/dock back up.

See edited post here

Good luck.

Ed wrong post

Aaaaaaand relax.

Ajita al Tchar
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-02-02 18:50:09 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tommyboy wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Have you considered simply double clicking the top bar of your chat window to minimize it down to a single thin bar (that shows the chat channel names and population) at the very bottom of your screen?

yet u need to move the window after double clicking again in order to be able to read anything.

doing this with the window positioned somewhere on the top of the screen might be the way to go tho, but needs

This may be working differently for you, but when I double click the top bar on my other chats (grouped together) it drops to the bottom of my screen (all channel names, etc.) are still visible.

When I do this my local window stays in its position on top of the bar (meaning it drops to the bottom of the screen as well).

When I double click again, both windows resume their normal positons on the screen.

This has to do with how your windows are arranged, more specifically what they are "snapped" to. If your chat window has aligned itself with the bottom of the client window by having one of the borders it snapped to be the bottom border, when you double-click the bar on the chat/stack of chats it will collapse to the bottom. Likewise, if say you have two chat windows arranged vertically, with one being snapped to the other and one of them aligned to the bottom of the client window, they'll both collapse to the bottom. Try placing your chat channel windows near the top and not attached to any other windows that are snapped to the bottom, and then collapse the window. You'll see that it works differently.

In other words, this double-click option can function as a workaround to the current lack of old, very convenient functionality, but it is far from user friendly. Seems annoying that a good feature has been removed because apparently it doesn't mesh with the current new and flashy~ NeoCom.
Ajita al Tchar
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-02-02 19:14:27 UTC
I'll preface this by saying that I like a lot of things about the new NeoCom, and I like the way it was envisioned to be. It was implemented fairly consistently with the vision, but apparently sloppily. Well, NeoCom team, I give you a small star for removing the obnoxious "i" button for every window that doesn't already have its own NeoCom icon (or rather, replacing it with a less eye-wrenching button), but here's a little something.

Why do we need a new grey NeoCom button for every single open window, even for windows that aren't tied to the NeoCom? Yes, I'm talking about the scanner and cargohold windows specifically. They already have buttons, on the HUD, and it's not a NeoCom item! You know what's cool? When the scanner is open, it's open, and the grey button does nothing helpful, it's not like it screams "scanner!". If you lolminimize the scanner to the NeoCom via this button, you're potentially and frequently looking at the following issue: multiple non-descriptive grey buttons, some of which correspond to containers, and one of them being the scanner button. They aren't stacked so you get to either try and remember which is the scanner, or just hover over every one of them. At this point it's easier to collapse the scanner window by double-clicking the window bar, but you still have the generic grey button on your NeoCom.

FYI, the grey generic buttons are also not working correctly. There are two issues:

1) When opening a container, CHA, any assembly arrays, POS fuel bays, etc. the (yet another NeoCom cluttering) button is grey, sometimes it looks like the cargohold icon. Try opening these things in various orders and combinations, you'll see what I'm talking about.

2) No more than three of these generic grey buttons or cargohold buttons appear on the NeoCom, even if you have ten items opened. For example: open the scanner--grey button, ugh, open a CHA--grey button/cargohold button, open a SMA--another grey/cargo button, open POS fuel bay--nope, no more buttons, and none will show up for any other things you might open without closing some. Seems like something that's intended to keep the NeoCom clutter constrained, except that it isn't. If you hover over these buttons that correspond to open windows for scanner, CHA, SMA, et. al. you only see "Scanner", "Corporate Hangar Array", "Ship Maintenance Array". No indication from the NeoCom that the fuel bay has been opened, or any other windows that should be getting these damn buttons.

I get that Team NeoCom apparently doesn't want to fix issues like inconvenient minimizing, or obsessively putting up a new button for every open window, usability be damned, but at least test that the annoying behavior is working correctly (though always annoyingly). Difficult to test a product whose complexity grows exponentially (and unnecessarily) as a function of developer time, huh? Yeah, it's kind of the same when using it.
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#33 - 2012-02-02 19:31:29 UTC
I wonder if you guys at CCP still play Eve online...

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#34 - 2012-02-02 22:03:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Ajita al Tchar wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tommyboy wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

This has to do with how your windows are arranged, more specifically what they are "snapped" to. If your chat window has aligned itself with the bottom of the client window by having one of the borders it snapped to be the bottom border, when you double-click the bar on the chat/stack of chats it will collapse to the bottom. Likewise, if say you have two chat windows arranged vertically, with one being snapped to the other and one of them aligned to the bottom of the client window, they'll both collapse to the bottom. Try placing your chat channel windows near the top and not attached to any other windows that are snapped to the bottom, and then collapse the window. You'll see that it works differently.

In other words, this double-click option can function as a workaround to the current lack of old, very convenient functionality, but it is far from user friendly. Seems annoying that a good feature has been removed because apparently it doesn't mesh with the current new and flashy~ NeoCom.

I assumed as much (my windows are in the bottom left corner of my screen) but I wanted to make the post to show how in some configurations it apparently is working as intended. I had not tested with the windows in the middle or at the top of the screen, but I have no doubt that would be more problematic.

Until things are sorted a bit better, at least there is a logical arrangement that provides good functionality to try out (albeit some would have to get used to it) in the meantime.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Sellendis
The Ares project
#35 - 2012-02-02 23:07:40 UTC
Degren wrote:
Jayem See wrote:

Just posting to confirm I have the same issue

Edit: Tried the cache clearing fix suggested above. No dice.

I have/had the same window madness again.
Station cargo window wont stay open after relog/redock no matter what, same with people & places window. Cleared cache, multiple relogs..no go.
Tried with my alt chars...damnit, everything is working there. Imported 2 months old settings, and at least the people & places now stays open....cargo window still needs to be open manually every time.

Why the hell is this going on, is the solution to everything in eve, 42 (and clear all settings)?
Sicex
#36 - 2012-02-02 23:09:12 UTC
Anytime people say they wish the NeoCom would align horizontally, I know they didn't read the devblog about the NeoCom changes - which is puzzling to me if you are going to come on the forums and present a laundry list of issues... Wouldn't you... ya know, research your list first?
Growing Old Disgracefully
#37 - 2012-02-03 05:47:12 UTC
Sicex wrote:
Wouldn't you... ya know, research your x first?

X marks the spot, and flows both ways.

I don't see this ending well (from a 'minimizer' perspective at least).
Best compromise I can think of is windows top right looking like: _ | X
Clunky and probably pisses everyone off.

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#38 - 2012-02-03 16:54:10 UTC
I'd like to make a recommendation...

Custom buttons hardlinked to take the player to the Evelopedia / EVE Gate to be added to the neocom menu. Add its own icon and when clicked on it goes straight to the IGB Evelopedia page. This would expose more players to your website and its utility.

I think this'd be a nice touch and a first step to bridging the Evelopedia to the average player.

Where I am.

Goumeka Ghalvia
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-03-04 17:40:10 UTC

CCP Masheen, thank you for your responce. Awaiting the fix, patiently.
Is there a chance of seeing other functionality returned to the NeoCom?

Thank you to all who support this thread.

ACESsiggy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
#40 - 2012-03-04 19:30:44 UTC
CCP Masheen wrote:
I've brought this to the attention of the NeoCom team

NeoCom team made me giggle Smile

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

Previous page123Next page