These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New video: In development: The new EVE Online website

First post First post
Author
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#21 - 2012-01-30 20:20:21 UTC
so when will we see stage 1? blog mentioned this week. Is this still the plan?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
#22 - 2012-01-30 20:25:50 UTC
That's looking really really good Big smile

C.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#23 - 2012-01-30 21:33:28 UTC
Yummy! Development.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

CCP Alice
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2012-01-30 21:36:39 UTC
The map is using live TQ data so it's correctly reflecting what's going on. There are 5 different view states, depending on which page you're on (each view relates to the aspect of the universe that particular page is about). The guys have done amazing work with this and there are so many things we know we can do with it. But first we want to get it out into wilds before we go crazy altogether, see how it goes and then build on it from there. Very exciting :)

Yep, still planned for this week.

"There is no knowledge without unity"

Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#25 - 2012-01-31 00:27:58 UTC
CCP Alice wrote:
The map is using live TQ data so it's correctly reflecting what's going on. There are 5 different view states, depending on which page you're on (each view relates to the aspect of the universe that particular page is about). The guys have done amazing work with this and there are so many things we know we can do with it. But first we want to get it out into wilds before we go crazy altogether, see how it goes and then build on it from there. Very exciting :)

Yep, still planned for this week.

Me likey. Can we build any history into this, these has been alot of going on's over the many years of Eve, would be nice to reflect it somehow, kind of like this:

All them explosions....

P.S. CCP Alice, what neck of the woods do you hail from, your accent is slightly familiar.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Endeavour Starfleet
#26 - 2012-01-31 00:36:36 UTC
Figured there was a whip involved. Was it made with hardened tears of those who played Incarna? Twisted
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#27 - 2012-01-31 01:46:12 UTC
I liked how no one flinched to the whipping. They are all so used to the beating, their back nerves dont even work anymore.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#28 - 2012-01-31 01:50:40 UTC
On a funny note I did like the guardigan. In my country a certain presidential candidate is running with a sweater as his main gimmick to help him gather votes. I saw it as Guard kicking that whole thing up a notch and getting a good competition going.

Should write our candidate with a picture of Guard's sweater and how it has better designs and an open chest for extra awesomeness. Maybe this candidate will pull out of the race when he sees how sad his sweater is compared to Guard's.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

nardaq
Orion Expeditions
#29 - 2012-01-31 02:02:11 UTC  |  Edited by: nardaq
ohoh, 3d real time rending, do i smell an additional CPU/GPU load while zipping trought your site? (pointing to slow comps)

your also working on the browsing performance to? like dual load balancing quad web server?

and is the site for once cutt of from tranq DB? (aka there is functional site while tranq is dead or patch-day?)
Valeo Galaem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-01-31 05:23:44 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Me likey. Can we build any history into this, these has been alot of going on's over the many years of Eve, would be nice to reflect it somehow, kind of like this:

All them explosions....

The whole Eve newsfeed (player and RP) should be overlayed on the map, tbh.

Standalone Windows build of ccpgames/dae-to-red

https://github.com/Nu11u5/dae-to-red/releases

CCP Alice
C C P
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2012-01-31 12:57:33 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:

P.S. CCP Alice, what neck of the woods do you hail from, your accent is slightly familiar.

Confirming I am most definitely Irish!

I'm confusing people with my accent, that's funny. I've lived away from home for a few years so the accent has toned down and gone a bit "international" :/

"There is no knowledge without unity"

Fraa Bjorn
Cell 317
#32 - 2012-01-31 13:00:07 UTC
does it work in the in-game browser?

All games have QQ, but only Eve has Q.Q

Raid'En
#33 - 2012-01-31 17:23:59 UTC
wow the starmap is in 3D Shocked cool !

i would suggest to let people see the nebulae of the region on the website, and to allow to change the background on the ships viewer. also, a way to understand the size of some ships would be nice.
i think everyone got shocked the first time he saw a titan, and on a model viewer you can't understand that ;)
Andrea Griffin
#34 - 2012-01-31 17:29:40 UTC
CCP Guard, you are rather handsome. : >

It's very nice that some of these features are coming to the browser. When I tell non-Eve players just how large Eve is, they have a hard time comprehending what I mean. Now, if I can send them a URL to the star map, they can take a look for themselves and be amazed.

That browser-based star map looked very smooth. I'm impressed.
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2012-02-02 02:10:19 UTC
Fraa Bjorn wrote:

I think I am able to answer this:
The web-site itself works in the in-game browser, but not with all the bells and whistles. The in-game browser is just not yet supporting the newest WebGL tech. So is the 3D ship-viewer replaced with ship images and the 3D star-maps are replaced with 2D star-maps.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#36 - 2012-02-02 02:17:18 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Fraa Bjorn wrote:

The web-site itself works in the in-game browser, but not with all the bells and whistles. The in-game browser is just not yet supporting the newest WebGL tech. So is the 3D ship-viewer replaced with ship images and the 3D star-maps are replaced with 2D star-maps.

Wait.

You're telling me I can't spin my ship while spinning my ship in the browser simultaneously?

That's totally lame. Lol

Where I am.

Fraa Bjorn
Cell 317
#37 - 2012-02-02 09:07:08 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Fraa Bjorn wrote:

Yes, sorry, I was kind-of trolling. But! 2D starmaps!? Will they be an alternative to dotlan? That'd be awesome.
And an unrelated question: do you have plans to have the fitting-window be built in html5, with ajax/whatever calls to dogma, so we can use the same fitting window on web/pads/in-game? And then, once you guys do an official killboard, it'll of course be integrated there. :)

All games have QQ, but only Eve has Q.Q

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-02-02 14:31:09 UTC
But will it blend. Or, more importantly, work in the IGB?

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Michael Foreman
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-02-02 17:14:30 UTC
Can't wait to see the new website! Looks very promising!

When will this be launched?
Previous page12