These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

After patch, client corrupted and repair can not access files.

First post
Author
Corin Lethander
Pints and Prospectors
#1 - 2012-02-01 19:12:49 UTC
Hopefully this is the right forum area to post this... But an running windows Xp under a partitioned hard drive.(Reason for mentioning that... had to pull all my eve files over to larger partition, not the windows install one. Has caused some issue's with eve before.

Downloading the new patch went just fine but when starting the client I get...
Verification failed (on all following) bin\_trinity_deploy.dll", crc:60d6aa71, expectied:fc69a494
bin\blue.dll", crc:8834b4cd, expected:55ab2470
bin\destiny.dll", crc:a5db4d73, expected: a206b113

When then turning on the repair program, It finds
_trinity_deploy.dll missing 29 out of 198
blue.dll missing 28 out of 28
destiny.dll missing 8 out of 8
reslocalzation.stuff missing 701 out of 706
Calculating patch----
resui.stuff, missing 10 out of 706

Then downloads patch... sets repair, restore or reconstruct to files... then when it starts.. I get
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: to the starting file bin\\_trinity_deploy.dll
Repair tool shuts down.

Tried download the patch manually. But when applying, it tells me its already updated... Help? :D
Corin Lethander
Pints and Prospectors
#2 - 2012-02-01 19:25:23 UTC
Or is there a way to roll back the client updates? That would be nice... roll back the current and try it again. Can't find the file that desiginates client build. Anyway...
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#3 - 2012-02-02 00:01:28 UTC
same exact issue... thanks ccp
Kristin Solette
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-02-02 00:17:04 UTC
Im having the same problem as well
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2012-02-02 01:03:34 UTC
Hey! This sounds to me like any other program (probably EVE) is still using these files.

1. Close EVE and any patcher or repair tool
2. Check the task manager (open for example through ctrl+shift+esc) for any remaining exefile.exe
3. Run repair.exe

If this does not work, then try to reboot your computer before running repair.exe

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Explosivesonhand
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-02 07:55:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Explosivesonhand
Yep. I have the exact same problem after downloading the 1.1.2 patch as well.

EDIT: After attempting the repair AND restarting, the client loaded as normal with another '1.1.2' patch update (I guess, it was a different file size, did not access the eve downloader like the first one but whatever.

Now the game SEEMS to work fine.
Corin Lethander
Pints and Prospectors
#7 - 2012-02-02 18:02:26 UTC
Tried the restart and nothing happened. Ended up deleting eve and using the physicaly downloaded back up to reinstall. It patched and worked just fine. Unfortunatly... happened again, repair tool update downloaded and client works again...yay.

Not sure what the issue is/was. If it happens again I'll post the info.
atrophocy
Descendance.
GoonSwarm.
#8 - 2012-02-04 00:02:30 UTC  |  Edited by: atrophocy
I've been having the same problems. Second day in a row now that i've booted up the PC and had the "corrupt or modified" error on eve startup. I can't remember what the exact error was yesterday, but today i had a missing "destiny.dll" from the /bin folder. I tried giving it other copies, from a friends install and from my sisi build, but in both cases it rejected the replacement due to having different crc values.

I was having problems with the repairer, until i eventually realized all it wanted was to be run as administrator to have the right privileges. repairer has fixed it.