These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Am i Cursed?

Author
Ace Nitsua
Mechanical Eagles Inc.
#1 - 2012-02-01 05:42:15 UTC
Over the past few days i have done i think over 20 Pith Deadspace Depot. The 2/10 complexe. At the end of all of these i blow up the superintendent and not a single one has dropped anything of value. I know the drop rate is low but 0 out of 20 even i can't have that much bad luck.

I am sortof new to all this, is this normal? or do i really have such bad luck?
Keilateau Shakor
Shakor Freight and Mining Service
#2 - 2012-02-01 07:11:45 UTC
Yes, that is indeed normal.
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-02-01 07:20:53 UTC
Random number generator: Trolling as intended
Maluscious Melody
Keepers of Balance
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#4 - 2012-02-01 08:34:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Maluscious Melody
Yeh, random is random unfortunately.

The last 30 anomalies I've done haven't spawned a domination rat at the end. Of the 40 or so domination rats I've killed not one has dropped anything other than tags or ammo.

Then again I came accross a 4/10 plex the other day which dropped some nice deadspace loot.

Ed: Typo!
Kuze Kalfen
Minmatar Militia Noobs Corporation
#5 - 2012-02-01 22:17:02 UTC
This is why i moved to Null. I have done 4 plex since i got here a week ago.


2 x mag site = 750 mil between both
2x 7/10 ded = 1.6 billion (shared between two)

No more % chance to earn nothing. yey.
Hungry Ghost
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-02-02 11:33:53 UTC
Kuze Kalfen wrote:
This is why i moved to Null. I have done 4 plex since i got here a week ago.
....

No more % chance to earn nothing. yey.


You wish :)
Anariasis
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#7 - 2012-02-02 11:52:45 UTC
Drop in 0.0 DED Complexes is as random as anywhere else, as it is in any other site.
I've done a 10/10 and got nothing but the tag.
Kuze Kalfen
Minmatar Militia Noobs Corporation
#8 - 2012-02-02 14:36:50 UTC
You will have made millions in bounties at the very least.
Dztrgovac
#9 - 2012-02-02 16:17:16 UTC
Well from what I know just the OPE from 10/10 are couple billion. But yes, random loot is random and you will rage when a null sec rated plex gives you the finger (just OPE).

And there is the effort, time and risk of getting to null and getting loot out.

S3X
S3XY Muffins
#10 - 2012-02-02 23:38:40 UTC
To the OP - I'd say you are having a run of bad luck.

If I run 10 sites and get nothing of interest, I generally switch to something else for a while and them come back to it and luck often changes.

Have fun.
Glomenthal
Filthy Peasants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#11 - 2012-02-02 23:44:41 UTC
Dztrgovac wrote:
Well from what I know just the OPE from 10/10 are couple billion.



Haha, not at all. 133 mill for the most valuable one.
ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#12 - 2012-02-03 00:29:08 UTC
Confirming that I put a hex on the OP so that they would get nothing.
Dztrgovac
#13 - 2012-02-03 00:46:21 UTC
Glomenthal wrote:
Dztrgovac wrote:
Well from what I know just the OPE from 10/10 are couple billion.



Haha, not at all. 133 mill for the most valuable one.


Sorry, wasn't talking from personal experience. Saw a KM where it tagged 29th tier OPE (or stg like that) at ~3Bil. Guess its just lol killboards getting wrong data from market or whatever.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#14 - 2012-02-03 19:18:42 UTC
Dztrgovac wrote:
Glomenthal wrote:
Dztrgovac wrote:
Well from what I know just the OPE from 10/10 are couple billion.



Haha, not at all. 133 mill for the most valuable one.


Sorry, wasn't talking from personal experience. Saw a KM where it tagged 29th tier OPE (or stg like that) at ~3Bil. Guess its just lol killboards getting wrong data from market or whatever.


Yup, that's lolkillboards
Sir Livingston
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-02-03 20:13:34 UTC
Yes, you are cursed.

Sci-fi games as played by an earthbound human in the 21st century http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

Dztrgovac
#16 - 2012-02-04 00:16:10 UTC
I still don't have enough datapoints to talk about real statistics; but I can say that out of 29 rated DED sites found 10 gave nothing but OPE. If rogue drone asteroid actual can drop faction loot once in million years it would make it 14 out of 33 not dropping anything but OPE.
Mayusz
The 1st Regiment
Brave Collective
#17 - 2012-02-07 08:16:25 UTC
I do more than 40 site (8/10 , 9/10 ,10/10) nowadays and my most valuable drop 250 mill, If i loot whit this char i always get only overseer effect.
This sites can drop around 1-3 billion but i always get only 100mill ... That's unbelievable ...
Mnemosyne Gloob
#18 - 2012-02-07 11:10:05 UTC
Mayusz wrote:
I do more than 40 site (8/10 , 9/10 ,10/10) nowadays and my most valuable drop 250 mill, If i loot whit this char i always get only overseer effect.
This sites can drop around 1-3 billion but i always get only 100mill ... That's unbelievable ...


That's ... strange thinking oO
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#19 - 2012-02-07 11:26:52 UTC
I lived in hisec for a while, and in a couple of weeks I won six contested GSOs, none of them dropped anything but OPEs :(

I think it was because I was flying a Gallente ship with medium hybrids and drones


.