These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Fines for going to Jita...

Author
magic preacher
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2012-01-31 19:52:48 UTC
As our small band of valiant capsuleers seems to be slightly involved in this
http://concentratedevil.griefwatch.net/?p=kills&class=Capsule&campaign=14741
I would like to extend the hand of friendship, and safe passage through Jita, to any RVB pilot for more than reasonable price of 250 million ISK
regards
magic preacher
CEO
concentrated evil

Zen Sins
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-02-01 01:13:06 UTC
The net effect of the rule is that if you lose your pod in Jita you can be booted from RvB at the CEO's discretion. The 500m fine is just a creative way of saying that. Profiteering? How many people do you think will actually pay it?

Besides, don't like the policy? Go start Green v Orange.

CraftyCroc
Fraternity Alliance Please Ignore
#23 - 2012-02-01 01:38:32 UTC
Zen Sins wrote:
The net effect of the rule is that if you lose your pod in Jita you can be booted from RvB at the CEO's discretion. The 500m fine is just a creative way of saying that. Profiteering? How many people do you think will actually pay it?

Besides, don't like the policy? Go start Green v Orange.

who are RVB ?

and why would a supposedly large alliance create such an awful policy?

500m isk is ridiculous.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#24 - 2012-02-01 02:41:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Magnum
CraftyCroc wrote:
Zen Sins wrote:

and why would a supposedly large alliance create such an awful policy?

To root out the bads, like Zen Sins said.
RvB is a haven for spies because of its rather open recruitment policies. Going into any wardec as either Red or Blue is already fraught with trouble, and yet historically they have often performed quite well. At least that's what I saw flying with Blue for over a year.

Those loss statistics they're citing for Jita are absolutely ridiculous, and there are some pilots who should rightfully feel embarassed. I'm sure most other PvP corps would just start kicking the lemmings without even giving them a second chance at some point, so on the off-chance someone actually does pay the fee to buy themselves a second chance, it's at least a boost to the ship replacement program for the serious players in the alliance.

So anyway in summary: insane pod loss stats, fee for a second chance with the alliance, seems reasonable to me.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#25 - 2012-02-01 03:19:28 UTC
Shouldn't your thread title say something more like "Fines for dying in jita"?
Aggressive Nutmeg
#26 - 2012-02-01 03:40:22 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:

Or 'Fines for being stupid in Jita'

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Rommell Drako
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-02-01 04:23:32 UTC
Aggressive Nutmeg wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:

Same Difference
Ahrieman
Codex Praedonum
Divine Damnation
#28 - 2012-02-01 04:29:03 UTC
Aggressive Nutmeg wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:

Good thing everyone in Jita isn't in RvB then Roll

Solo Rifter since 2009

Plutonian
Intransigent
#29 - 2012-02-01 04:58:12 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:

I just had an Eve Uni circa 2007 flashback. Lol Back then it was the Privateers.

Good luck finding a workaround for stupidity. Blink
Death Warmedup
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-02-01 04:59:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Death Warmedup
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Wow, that is a pretty crappy rule for rvb. That said, get a hauler alt, use an alternate trade hub, or just don't get podded. It is very hard to be podded in hi sec. As soon as u r in structure, pick a celestial object and start spamming the warp button. Pods warp near instantaneously.

I'm also very sure there are people with hauling alts that would help you out.

You'd be surprised how quickly a sensor boosted frigate tackler can lock your pod. if the celestial/bookmark isn't directly in front of oyu, it'll still take a few miliseconds to align the pod, thats generally enough time to be locked and pointed. that method isn't 100% fool proof.

Quite frankly, if you loose a pod anywhere in highsec during a war, while not involved in fleet ops, you deserve to be kicked/fined whatever. Its not hard to use an alt, or a friend/corpie's alt to scout/haul for you. Personally, if i were CEO or a large corp and i was having problem with people making rookie mistakes after they have already been warned, i wouldn't give them the luxury of being able to pay a fine to stay, i'd just boot there ass.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#31 - 2012-02-01 05:07:59 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Since when did RvB become serious business. Shame!

+1 That is a shame. Cry
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-02-01 05:45:18 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
3 werds

Red Frog Freight.

Plus one for Red Frog. They do good work.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Heimer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-02-01 05:47:59 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:

specifically:

In the SIlly RvB Rules, leadership wrote:
The only caveat to this would be if you get podded while in an RvB fleet fighting in Jita.

'caveat' -- I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Admiral Pelleon
White Shadow Imperium
#34 - 2012-02-01 09:16:10 UTC
I don't see the problem.

If you manage to lose a pod in high sec, you deserve a 500m fine.

Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

BrokenBC
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-02-01 11:38:51 UTC
Just dont take your main to jita!! it's been said alot but WTF.Any alliance worth it's salt should be providing shipping services anyway.Especially if your constantly deced.If not you may want to move on.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#36 - 2012-02-01 13:06:25 UTC
BrokenBC wrote:
Just dont take your main to jita!! it's been said alot but WTF.Any alliance worth it's salt should be providing shipping services anyway.Especially if your constantly deced.If not you may want to move on.

Many RvBers provide a freighter service either for free or a nominal cost, or failing that either Red frog or Push are recomended, or failing failing that new guys are told to train a basic hauling alt (racial indy 4, hull mods 2, astronautics rigging 1 or 4), or failing failing failing that, they are told to drop corp for a day or so if they really need to take their RvB toon to jita.

All this was already SOP due to the constant war decing from so called '1337 PvPers' (who just camp the undock and run away when a fleet of 3 shows up) I guess some people are just plain stupid.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

BrokenBC
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-02-01 18:22:43 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
BrokenBC wrote:

Many RvBers provide a freighter service either for free or a nominal cost, or failing that either Red frog or Push are recomended, or failing failing that new guys are told to train a basic hauling alt (racial indy 4, hull mods 2, astronautics rigging 1 or 4), or failing failing failing that, they are told to drop corp for a day or so if they really need to take their RvB toon to jita.

All this was already SOP due to the constant war decing from so called '1337 PvPers' (who just camp the undock and run away when a fleet of 3 shows up) I guess some people are just plain stupid.

Meh fair enough.Sounds legit to me.
Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-02-01 18:26:53 UTC
There are so many issues with the OP its not even funny.

1: If you don't like the rules...leave.

2: Those who cant do what they want on a main...use an alt. (DUH!)

3: Jita is not the only flipping market in this game....go to amarr...rens...etc...

4: Dont fly obvious shps.... if your flying a badger to buy stuff..you deserve to get popped...instead fly an orca...or something less than obvious like a combat ship....first thigns to get scanned are shuttles....tech 1 haulers...etc.

5: If someone wants to gank you..your gonna get ganked...

6: Above all...think..before you undock.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#39 - 2012-02-01 19:12:39 UTC

It's a simple tax on stupid.

The alliance wants to weed out (or profit from) the stupid people.

Don't be stupid.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Previous page12