These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Light Logistics Ship (LLS) >Destroyer Hull<

Author
Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-01-30 17:21:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Spugg Galdon
Currently, the T2 destroyer range is very small. We have interdictors and that's it.

We also have small remote armour reps and small shield transporters and small energy transfers which are all pretty much useless.

So. A light logistics ship could use these modules and would fit well into an AF fleet (especially now with the epic AF buff).

I would also suggest that the LLS could also have the EWAR immunity bonus. This would separate it from the current logistic cruisers which are very good and would also give the CCP proposed Electronic Attack Frigate (Ability to EWAR ships that are immune) far more value as it would be useful outside of capital ship fleets.

If you like this idea, remember to hit the like button as that's how CCP see the well received ideas!

Edit: Changed ship class name to Light Logistics Ship as it was mentioned that "Light Logistics Destroyer" was a little misleading.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#2 - 2012-01-30 17:25:45 UTC
"Ship Tenders" is the class of ship you're thinking about.

Also I would like to see aoe variant of the remotes for this ship to be used. however I think ewar immunity may be too much to ask for maybe if you defanged her a bit but even then may not be a good idea.
It may just be better to give her enhanced sensors instead.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-01-30 17:31:44 UTC
EWAR immunity would only be a bonus if the proposed ability of EAF's ignoring this ship ability was implemented. Coupled with the fact that destroyers have fat signatures, low speeds and poor sensors (compared to cruisers) means that EAF's will be able to really cause them problems.

Of course, the ship should be suitably defanged for this role.

I don't really like the idea of AoE logistics, especially for the small ship role as you would be repping your enemies just as moch as your friends at the ranges you would be fighting at.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-01-30 17:52:53 UTC
Only if they fix faction/DED RR modules to actually be better than the T2/meta4 ones.
Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-01-31 09:46:19 UTC
I agree. Faction and deadspace RR modules need a bit of love. Any more feedback?
Eisa Vitura
Princess Terrorism
#6 - 2012-01-31 11:22:21 UTC
It could be pretty fun, +1
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2012-01-31 15:18:13 UTC
You'd need a better name. I thought you meant something light that killed logis at first glance.

Other than that, I don't see why not. More ships are fun, frigate gangs are fun, and frigate gangs with at least a little bit of survivability can't be a bad thing.
Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#8 - 2012-01-31 15:27:22 UTC
I have posted ideas similar-
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=18015&find=unread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=644638#post644638

I feel a cheep entry level ship for logi pilots and a stealth rally point ship would open up some play in the t1 frig, T2 frig, T1 cruiser, and recon fleet compositions and tactics.

Ewar immunity would just be a wast of a roll or ship bonus, as they are still very alpha venerable.

Good to hear of more people that feel this way though!

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#9 - 2012-01-31 16:55:13 UTC
I like it. Rifter fleets need logi support! Pirate +1

Alternatively, CCP could also just fix the T1 logi cruisers for low-SP logi ships.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Artreju Woodsparrow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-31 17:20:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Artreju Woodsparrow
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
I like it. Rifter fleets need logi support! Pirate +1

Alternatively, CCP could also just fix the T1 logi cruisers for low-SP logi ships.

this!!! +1000

Low req Logis would be nice for Logi new´bs, or beginners.
Because i think many players from other MMO have played Supporter Classes and would love to continue!!! <---10000%me
Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-01-31 19:07:02 UTC
Yes. Frigate/Destroyer gangs are epic fun. Keeping the cost and SP requirements of a logi ship low, as in a T2 Destroyer Hull, will attract more younger players into the support role.

I really want those small armour/shield remote reps and small energy transfers to actually be useful and worth something and believe this will help.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#12 - 2012-01-31 19:11:26 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

This would be amazing. Even with pretty good skills, the T1 Logi cruisers have issues keeping more than a couple med RRs going, it's just painful trying to fit those things.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#13 - 2012-01-31 19:13:35 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

This would be amazing. Even with pretty good skills, the T1 Logi cruisers have issues keeping more than a couple med RRs going, it's just painful trying to fit those things.

Yup. I love my Scimitar and all, but if it were an Osprey or a Scythe, I would be much more willing to take it into battle. As it stands, there is no way to get really "trained" on using logis similar to other ships -- by losing lots of ships. Logis are expensive, and do not have a cheap equivalent.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#14 - 2012-01-31 19:24:29 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Yup. I love my Scimitar and all, but if it were an Osprey or a Scythe, I would be much more willing to take it into battle. As it stands, there is no way to get really "trained" on using logis similar to other ships -- by losing lots of ships. Logis are expensive, and do not have a cheap equivalent.

This has been my experience too. I've even been tempted to take a Logi into lvl 4 missions with low-SP friends to help them without WTF-pwning the mission for them, but T1 logi hulls are pitifully lame and I don't really want to take a T2 logi in lest I get agro myself. T1 Logis should be able to fill this kind of role, but they just fail at it. They need more fitting, more cap, and more tank to be viable.
Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-01-31 19:48:05 UTC
Well I would imagine that a T2 Destroyer hull that is a dedicated logistics ship would cost approx 60 mill fully fitted. This is a fairly reasonable price for a younger ( or skint ) player to use and risk more often instead of the approx 200mill cost of a fully fitted Logistics ship.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#16 - 2012-01-31 19:49:19 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

This has been my experience too. I've even been tempted to take a Logi into lvl 4 missions with low-SP friends to help them without WTF-pwning the mission for them, but T1 logi hulls are pitifully lame and I don't really want to take a T2 logi in lest I get agro myself. T1 Logis should be able to fill this kind of role, but they just fail at it. They need more fitting, more cap, and more tank to be viable.

Also, you know... proper Minmatar/Amarr ships with actual logi bonuses. Particularly the Scythe is just pathetic.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#17 - 2012-01-31 19:50:05 UTC
how bout some destroyer like bonuses into it as well, range and cycle times and cap role bonus.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Artreju Woodsparrow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-01-31 19:55:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Artreju Woodsparrow
support this

But i think CCp need 6 Month for implementation until then i can fly Scimitar... :( but wanna try some cheaper things until the expensive one
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#19 - 2012-01-31 19:56:51 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
how bout some destroyer like bonuses into it as well, range and cycle times and cap role bonus.

Yes, but it would have to be balanced carefully to not upset the role of the existing logis. Fitting more than 3-ish medium reppers should be hard. Don't forget the agility/speed to stay out of trouble, for the roaming variants (similar to the Scimi).

Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-01-31 20:10:19 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:

Well of course. Not sure what to give it and I really would prefer to stay away from the tracking link bonus but for starters:

The standard 500% to range of reps would give T2 small reps a range of 28.8km
15% cap use per level would drop the cap usage of small remote reps down to 10.125/cycle (2.3/sec) armour and 11.2/cycle (2.5/sec) shield.

What other bonuses would be useful?

123Next pageLast page