These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

hello. i am new to eve and have a question

First post
Author
Yumi Sagara
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-01-30 21:44:52 UTC
blue heeler wrote:
thankyou for your replys. i found out about 10 minutes ago that my dad invited me and paid for the first month and he got a plex. now i feel like he ripped me off.

and someone said i am ugly. my dad said make my avater as ugly as possible because i would get greater repect than trying to be a pretty girl which is what all the guys do. they make there avaters look like their dream woman.

I don't consider it a ripoff. If you don't know someone who can buddy invite you, it is a give and take. You get the extra buddy time + 100m, and they get a PLEX. For at least your first account that's a good way to do things.
Maxious
Dragon Knights of EvE
#22 - 2012-01-30 21:47:24 UTC
blue heeler wrote:
thankyou for your replys. i found out about 10 minutes ago that my dad invited me and paid for the first month and he got a plex. now i feel like he ripped me off.

and someone said i am ugly. my dad said make my avater as ugly as possible because i would get greater repect than trying to be a pretty girl which is what all the guys do. they make there avaters look like their dream woman.

I may not know you but if someone calls you ugly then they don't know true beauty that is you. Those sort of people are not really worth knowing or even listening to
blue heeler
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-01-30 21:47:56 UTC
Yumi Sagara wrote:
blue heeler wrote:

I don't consider it a ripoff. If you don't know someone who can buddy invite you, it is a give and take. You get the extra buddy time + 100m, and they get a PLEX. For at least your first account that's a good way to do things.

my dad didnt give me the plex or 100 miilion. even he said he riped me of.
Tian Nu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-01-30 22:12:01 UTC
blue heeler wrote:
i just joined eve and paid for 1 month. i was doing the tutorial andd i got a message from someone called Alfred Askiras who siad he would give me 100 millions isk if I start a new account on a buddy progam.

is this person aura and is this a good thing to do? i am so confused right now.

if you want to survive in eve ask hip for down paymant of 50 mill, if he start to cry tell him he probably dont own 50 mill on the account that why he cant give you the ISK. That may get him to actualy get mad and send you the ISK.
If you get the 50 mill log out, and keep the hait mail as souvenir.
Then post on the forum you are willing to use someone buddy kay if they give you 80mill and ask for down paymant of 50% every time.
Then eventualy they will post youre name in CP section and then you are made to play eve.

Father O'Malley about Darius III begging for whelp: “Hows that working out for ya ? I make it 02:21 and all I see is you begging Riverini to get numbers and trying to recruit from the incursion public channel.”

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-01-30 22:28:55 UTC
blue heeler wrote:

bwhahahah - your dad ripped you off. That is so Eve P
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#26 - 2012-01-30 22:39:01 UTC
blue heeler wrote:

I'm just gonna say "Good Luck!"....and walk away quietly...............

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#27 - 2012-01-31 02:21:38 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
blue heeler wrote:

For once I agree with mister Icefluxor

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#28 - 2012-01-31 02:28:39 UTC
and there endeth the first lesson of Eve, never trust anyone, even if they are your father Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-01-31 02:31:28 UTC
blue heeler wrote:
Yumi Sagara wrote:
blue heeler wrote:

my dad didnt give me the plex or 100 miilion. even he said he riped me of.

Not really, because you can't give yourself the PLEX without using an account of your own to do the offer with. If you are to be believed, then your dad is using the system in the way it was originally intended - to reward veteran players for bringing in new players. It's a consumer loyalty reward.

Anyways, welcome to EVE. It's a dog eat dog world out here, but if you can find a group of friends whom you can trust then you can go far. Also, beware the learning cliff.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#30 - 2012-01-31 14:37:10 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

For once I agree with mister Icefluxor

I knew I'd manage to somehow ! Big smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#31 - 2012-01-31 14:38:26 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
and there endeth the first lesson of Eve, never trust anyone, even if they are your father Twisted

It seriously is one of the better stories. The 'idea' is almost as good as the infamous Door-Picture thread.

Famble
Three's a Crowd
#32 - 2012-01-31 14:44:29 UTC
blue heeler wrote:

Congrats on your first +1

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Previous page12