These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Add a new forum rule...

Author
Nooma K'Larr
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-01-30 16:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Nooma K'Larr
One of the more contemptible replies one can give anyone here who is discussing a problem or trying to brainstorm any idea or is perceived as "whining" is to LEAVE THE GAME. Why CPP allows this I dont know. You are actually taking money out of CCP's pocket with your comment...and yes, poster's do take it to heart and leave if they feel they are in a hostile community. Especially new players.

EVE may be "hardcore" but why does the forum have to be?

I submit that maliciously telling another forum poster to leave the game be against forum rules.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2 - 2012-01-30 16:39:02 UTC
It's normally given to those who have no intention of listening, as they know they are right already. Even though years of game play design and most everyone else says otherwise.

It also stems from the same argument being rehashed, by the same type that hates to learn.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2012-01-30 16:40:26 UTC
You can't protect people from the big bad world, people are mean and nasty (even more so in Eve than in real life), you're going to need to get over it. No, "just leave" might not be the most mature response, but the people who really enjoy Eve will stick with it either way and the people who are going to leave will leave either way.

Eve is a harsh and demanding game and the forums are no different, but trying to censor certain things won't help anything at all.
Fleet Warpsujarento
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-01-30 16:46:51 UTC
Contract me your stuff before you biomass your toon. Kthnxbye.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#5 - 2012-01-30 16:59:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Nooma K'Larr wrote:
One of the more contemptible replies one can give anyone here who is discussing a problem or trying to brainstorm any idea or is perceived as "whining" is to LEAVE THE GAME. Why CPP allows this I dont know. You are actually taking money out of CCP's pocket with your comment...and yes, poster's do take it to heart and leave if they feel they are in a hostile community. Especially new players.

EVE may be "hardcore" but why does the forum have to be?

I submit that maliciously telling another forum poster to leave the game be against forum rules.

They're just generous suggestions and hints that this game may not be for you.

The ungenerous variety involves some tech 2 ammo and insurance.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#6 - 2012-01-30 19:19:19 UTC
It's for your own good, you're obviously in pain.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#7 - 2012-01-30 22:09:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Bearilian
i disagree with peoples arguments. mainly because I mostly spend my forum time in "Featrues & Ideas Discussion", and there are seriously some childishly thought out insults going around. and simply, they dont belong. if you dont have a suggestion, or a good example of why a suggestion wouldnt work, then your post should be removed. there are plenty of other forum discussions you could join. features and ideas, should be better patrolled, because we actually make a difference here.

and i have seen the first response to people's ideas be for them to "leave the game". if maybe during a reacuring argument, then maybe it could have its place, but not as your only response to someone. its weak, and unimaginative....

personally i'm tired of the people who troll these discussions, who dont want any changes. they mostly attempt to accomplish their goals with insults. if you dont have an idea or an "actual" argument (other that "works as intended") then the forum rules should deny you your response...... (ive had alot of my ideas argued, and when people have reason why it doesnt work, then i actually get to learn from the posts. if you tell me to leave the game, i simply ignore you, and any future posts you make)

also, my addition.. I think all WoW examples, and references should be banned from the EVE's forums... (stupid WoW)Bear

-i actually do have an edit to add in. there are the times that telling someone to leave is called for... (so it sometimes has its uses)
LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-01-31 01:31:04 UTC
I do agree more CCP and GM presence in here would help. We are in here to discuss new ideas, not ***** and attack others personnally. I know it can be tempting to do, but we dont care about the person who made an argument in a debate. What we care about is the argument itself. If all you have to say is "Leave moron", then the discussion will never progress.

People have to say why the idea is'nt good and that's it, no personnal attacks should be allowed.

For example, if i suggest an idea that goes against the main goals of the game, simply tell me that.

Of course, like a lot of other players in eve, i dont want to see eve becoming a theme park.