These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Self Destruct should still generate a Killmail if players were involved .

Author
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2012-01-30 13:56:41 UTC
Zytani wrote:

If player A damages player B's ship by more than 50% and player B self destructs then Player A should still get a killmail.

What if the ship escapes, and SDs in another situation 7 days later without repairing the damage?

Might sound naive, but my point is that there needs to be a mechanism that explicitly connect two separate events. Things that are easy for humans to put into context can be very difficult for CPUs.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#22 - 2012-01-30 13:59:53 UTC
Roime wrote:
Zytani wrote:

If player A damages player B's ship by more than 50% and player B self destructs then Player A should still get a killmail.

What if the ship escapes, and SDs in another situation 7 days later without repairing the damage?

Might sound naive, but my point is that there needs to be a mechanism that explicitly connect two separate events. Things that are easy for humans to put into context can be very difficult for CPUs.

**** like this happens anyway, though. Once I was being silly and stole some random t1 frigate that someone left at our hub's undock. I got bored with it, ejected, and re-docked. Like 2 weeks later I notice I had a lossmail for it.
J Kunjeh
#23 - 2012-01-30 15:12:25 UTC
Nope. If you didn't kill it, no KM for you.

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#24 - 2012-01-30 15:17:08 UTC
Liam Mirren wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Yahrr wrote:

If you mean that the timers should be longer for bigger ships then I fully agree. The same goes for the re-dock timers. But if you fail to kill the target within that timeframe, then you shouldn't get a killmail!

I disagree. The battle to kill a supercap can be a long, drawn out thing. A super can know it won't ever make it off grid 20+ minutes before it has taken a single point of damage. "Get out of lossmail free" cards simply shouldn't exist.

OHNO, MY K:D RATIO! Cultural victory right there.

On a more serious note; why are killmails so important?

Because some people measure their RL self worth by what they do in this game, so they need an accurate measure...

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#25 - 2012-01-30 15:28:23 UTC
I think its absolutely messed up when a pilot honestly belvies that a kill mail is much more valauable than elemininatinga hostile cap or super cap.

Seriously if you that effing worried about what modules they 'had' fitted you should bring a ship scanner.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#26 - 2012-01-30 15:48:45 UTC
Why should you get a killmail for a ship you didn't kill?
Why should you get intel you didn't earn?

I can understand the sentiment of wanting to dissuade K:D-ratio-saving SDs, but that still leaves the SDs done to deny the target loot and fitting information. Would you still want the KM if it was completely devoid of any information (i.e. no damage record, no fitting information, nothing but a big “Self-Destructed”-tag)?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#27 - 2012-01-30 15:50:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Night Epoch wrote:
Old, oft-repeated request - but worthy of another repeat.

If players have damaged a ship that has self destructed, a killmail should be generated.

It's absolutely rage inducing to have a Dreadnought in structure when it self destructs.

+1 if agreed.

So the one last respite against you KM-hores you want taken away?

KMs should be replaced with Incident Reports but that's another story.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Cryten Jones
Advantage Inc
#28 - 2012-01-30 15:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cryten Jones
-1, sorry.

Self-Destructed ships should go bang with a damage mod and range scaled by the sig radius of the ship so that a dred can get kill mails for all the attackers he just sacrificed his ship to kill :-)

How that I would +1

-CJ

edit: in fact all ships should do damage when they pop as that would just be cool... may even help with blobs somewhat if you have leg it before your anchor explodes in your face...however it's the self destruct that should really be a big pop.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-01-30 16:03:31 UTC
I think there should be a normal killmail produced, but the self destruct mail has no modules/cargo shown, just those involved.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-01-30 16:08:21 UTC
+1 If you are attacking a ship and that player self destructs, you effectively caused that ship to be killed. So a killmail should be awarded. SD's already leave no loot behind
seany1212
M Y S T
#31 - 2012-01-30 16:08:36 UTC
I think what's being discussed here is self-destructing knowing that you'll pop before hostiles pop you and not giving up any modules in a drop, I'll agree that capitals need a long SD timer as 2 minutes is nothing unless your blobfesting the ship. Your telling me you could get all the crew off a super in 2 minutes? P
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#32 - 2012-01-30 16:14:16 UTC
Quote:
I'll agree that capitals need a long SD timer as 2 minutes is nothing unless your blobfesting the ship. Your telling me you could get all the crew off a super in 2 minutes?

Crew are worthless and capsuleers usually leave them to die on a regular basis in the RP stories.
Klezmer
In Praise Of Shadows
#33 - 2012-01-30 16:16:07 UTC
seany1212 wrote:
I think what's being discussed here is self-destructing knowing that you'll pop before hostiles pop you and not giving up any modules in a drop, I'll agree that capitals need a long SD timer as 2 minutes is nothing unless your blobfesting the ship. Your telling me you could get all the crew off a super in 2 minutes? P

No one cares about the crew, just let them die.
Shawnm339
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#34 - 2012-01-30 16:19:18 UTC
Was in a fight the other day where 2 supers self-destructed and yes we caused them to do it but it leaves a bit of an empty feeling that the battle resulted in nothing to record the victory...
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#35 - 2012-01-30 16:23:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Morganta
Akirei Scytale wrote:

"Get out of lossmail free" cards simply shouldn't exist.

wtf is free about losing a super or dred?

you're just bitter that you cant get e-peen from it

and moaning about it on the forums makes Test look more fail than it already is Roll
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#36 - 2012-01-30 16:32:33 UTC
If you also want a real record worth keeping around get rid of the other guys off the map for good.
That sort of record is far more significant than any and every kill mail combined.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#37 - 2012-01-30 16:38:22 UTC
Butt-hurt

Kill something smaller.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#38 - 2012-01-30 16:40:10 UTC
Who would be listed as getting the final blow?
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-01-30 16:56:49 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Who would be listed as getting the final blow?

Have the self destructer get the final blow, just generate a kill mail
Berendas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-01-30 17:15:35 UTC
Self destructing should result in you getting auto-podded Twisted
Previous page123Next page