These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Self Destruct should still generate a Killmail if players were involved .

Author
Night Epoch
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-01-30 12:56:13 UTC
Old, oft-repeated request - but worthy of another repeat.

If players have damaged a ship that has self destructed, a killmail should be generated.

It's absolutely rage inducing to have a Dreadnought in structure when it self destructs.

+1 if agreed.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-01-30 13:05:48 UTC
The conditions you present are not implementable as is:

- player A damages player B's ship
- player B self-destructs his ship
-> generate killmail for player A

Now that obviously need more conditions to make sure that player A's actions resulted in B's decision to SD. The events need to connected by something.

Ship locations?
Time?

Joe SMASH
You Got A Purty Mouth
#3 - 2012-01-30 13:13:52 UTC
Once SD is pressed, you have two minutes to kill the target. If you cannot kill within 2 min of button pushed, you do not deserve a killmail.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#4 - 2012-01-30 13:15:59 UTC
Joe SMASH wrote:
Once SD is pressed, you have two minutes to kill the target. If you cannot kill within 2 min of button pushed, you do not deserve a killmail.

You forgot supercaps.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2012-01-30 13:17:49 UTC
Given that SD now voids the insurance I am quite content to see something blow itself up as I know we just make the loss even more painfull.
Yahrr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-01-30 13:22:36 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Joe SMASH wrote:

You forgot supercaps.

If you mean that the timers should be longer for bigger ships then I fully agree. The same goes for the re-dock timers. But if you fail to kill the target within that timeframe, then you shouldn't get a killmail!
Liam Mirren
#7 - 2012-01-30 13:22:37 UTC
Joe SMASH wrote:

The only thing I'll +1

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#8 - 2012-01-30 13:25:48 UTC
Yahrr wrote:

If you mean that the timers should be longer for bigger ships then I fully agree. The same goes for the re-dock timers. But if you fail to kill the target within that timeframe, then you shouldn't get a killmail!

I disagree. The battle to kill a supercap can be a long, drawn out thing. A super can know it won't ever make it off grid 20+ minutes before it has taken a single point of damage. "Get out of lossmail free" cards simply shouldn't exist.
Klezmer
In Praise Of Shadows
#9 - 2012-01-30 13:26:17 UTC
Because you get mad is not a valid argument for anythings implementation, otherwise ECM would have been removed ages ago, along with everything else that gets people mad, which basically would be the entirety of the game.
Liam Mirren
#10 - 2012-01-30 13:27:46 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Yahrr wrote:

I disagree. The battle to kill a supercap can be a long, drawn out thing. A super can know it won't ever make it off grid 20+ minutes before it has taken a single point of damage. "Get out of lossmail free" cards simply shouldn't exist.

OHNO, MY K:D RATIO! Cultural victory right there.

On a more serious note; why are killmails so important?

Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#11 - 2012-01-30 13:27:49 UTC
Joe SMASH wrote:

While this might be true in nullsec blobfest country, small gang wormhole skirmishes frequently end up being shafted by this attitude.
Kessiaan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-01-30 13:30:25 UTC
Night Epoch wrote:
Old, oft-repeated request - but worthy of another repeat.

If players have damaged a ship that has self destructed, a killmail should be generated.

It's absolutely rage inducing to have a Dreadnought in structure when it self destructs.

+1 if agreed.

+1, but for now you should get used to the fact that if you fly in smallish gangs (and are reasonably decent at it) you're going to kill a lot more caps than you'll get mails for.
Xanatia
Vengeance Imperium
#13 - 2012-01-30 13:30:46 UTC
i thought the whole point of shooting somebody's ship was to make them lose said ship. if they self destruct: mission accomplished.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#14 - 2012-01-30 13:30:55 UTC
Liam Mirren wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Yahrr wrote:

OHNO, MY K:D RATIO! Cultural victory right there.

It isn't about K/D ratio, its about an alliance being able to basically say "lol never happened" whenever the battle is brought up.

When a titan goes down, its usually kind of a big deal. Hiding that sort of thing is plain silly.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2012-01-30 13:31:22 UTC
Liam Mirren wrote:

We get to laugh at stuff like supers dieing to rats, fleet tempests with 2 t2 bpos in the cargohold and shuttles with 19 plex in them.
Liam Mirren
#16 - 2012-01-30 13:34:14 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Liam Mirren wrote:

We get to laugh at stuff like supers dieing to rats, fleet tempests with 2 t2 bpos in the cargohold and shuttles with 19 plex in them.

The only important and honest answer, all the rest is just K:D related nonsense. The game would be better without killmails.

Klezmer
In Praise Of Shadows
#17 - 2012-01-30 13:39:25 UTC
You only deserve a killmail if you actually kill a ship.
Zytani
The Motley Crew Reborn
#18 - 2012-01-30 13:50:36 UTC
Roime wrote:
The conditions you present are not implementable as is:

- player A damages player B's ship
- player B self-destructs his ship
-> generate killmail for player A

Now that obviously need more conditions to make sure that player A's actions resulted in B's decision to SD. The events need to connected by something.

Ship locations?
Time?

If player A damages player B's ship by more than 50% and player B self destructs then Player A should still get a killmail.
Yahrr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-01-30 13:51:08 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Yahrr wrote:

It's not lossmail free. In fact, when someone successfully self-destructs his ship, then the player who had the last blow on the ship still gets a mail. In this case it's the owner of the ship.
Klezmer
In Praise Of Shadows
#20 - 2012-01-30 13:55:19 UTC
Maybe you should make up some fake killmail so you can still feel secure in your ability to blow up space pixels.
123Next page