These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[PROPOSAL] Navigator-class Mobile Survey Station

Author
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#1 - 2012-01-30 04:32:55 UTC
WHS is a very hard place to work, and having to constantly be on guard, and the necessity of logistics makes living there even more difficult. So, I propose:

Navigator-class Mobile Survey Station

A Capital Ship designed specifically for exploration. Designed by Sisters of EVE, manufactured as a joint project between CreoDron and Transtellar Shipping

Bonuses:
20% bonus to Cargo Capacity per Level
5% bonus to Shield Resists per Level
10% bonus to Drone Damage/HP per Level (able to support a full flight of small, medium and heavy drones - using them for combat or logistics purposes would be up to the individual pilot)
10% increase to scan strength of probes per level

Role Bonus:
10% bonus to Range/Velocity of Capital Tractor Beam per Level
10% bonus to Fuel Bay Capacity per Level
5% reduction in Fuel Consumption per Level

This ship in and of itself would be a bit of an enigma, as it would have such a specialized role. It would be capable of shield tanking, and utilizing tractor beams as well as the Expanded Probe Launcher. But where it would come in really handy, is if configured properly (utilizing a specialized siege type module), it could be "deployed" and thus allow for ships to dock with it (limited ship sizes) as if it were a mobile station (this feature would only work in WHS). During the time frame where it was "deployed" it would be immobile. In the event that it ran out of fuel while "deployed" it would eject the ships in its hangar into space and enter normal configuration again. It would have one refinery slot (which would refine at the tax rate of the corporation) and anything refined after the cargo hold was full would be ejected into space (thus making the pilot attempting to refine have to scoop it into their ship or take what they can).

I understand that a lot of people don't want to see more capital ships, HOWEVER, explorers who trip regularly in WHS or null that are well-funded could make due with a specialized ship which would increase immersion.

The ship in and of itself would not be permitted to have any weapon systems fitted to it (with the exception of drones).

Skill Requirements:
- Advanced Spaceship Command V
- Spaceship Command V
- Science V
- Capital Ships II
- Jump Drive Operation I
- Navigation V
- Warp Drive Operation V
- Industry V
- Engineering V
- Electronics V
- Astrometrics V
- Astrometric Rangefinding III
- Astrometric Pinpointing III
- Astrometric Acquisition III

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-01-30 05:01:49 UTC
Jack Carrigan wrote:
WHS is a very hard place to work, and having to constantly be on guard, and the necessity of logistics makes living there even more difficult. So, I propose:

Navigator-class Mobile Survey Station

A Capital Ship designed specifically for exploration. Designed by Sisters of EVE, manufactured as a joint project between CreoDron and Transtellar Shipping

Bonuses:
20% bonus to Cargo Capacity per Level
5% bonus to Shield Resists per Level
10% bonus to Drone Damage/HP per Level (able to support a full flight of small, medium and heavy drones - using them for combat or logistics purposes would be up to the individual pilot)
10% increase to scan strength of probes per level

Role Bonus:
10% bonus to Range/Velocity of Capital Tractor Beam per Level
10% bonus to Fuel Bay Capacity per Level
5% reduction in Fuel Consumption per Level

Role bonuses are static, not dependant on level, this needs to be fixed.

As for the direction of the bonuses themselves, they seem to be scattered, I know where your going with this but it needs to be more focused in either the combat or the industry. Combat is covered by carriers and dreads, so industry focused would be better, and I would make it the Rorquals sibling. Able to run Manufacturing and Refining jobs, this would be the perfect mate for the mining capital that the Rorqual is.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2012-01-30 05:13:19 UTC
... so you want to combine the Rorqual, Dominix, CovOps, and a 5%/level resist bonus and call it a ship. Seems a bit out there.

Oh, and you can't dock with ships, this has been discussed to death and it just isn't possible without some serious changes to Eve's underlying ship handling.