These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suicide Booth in station

Author
Rouge Papillon
Deutzer Freiheit
#1 - 2012-01-29 22:42:02 UTC
I would like to die honourably by committing seppuku in my capitains quarters rather than being punished to either self-destruct or have my carcass splattered outside the station by 0.0 manners.

Why is my former self subject to such cruel punishment?

Though there is no gameplay gain in this suggestion that i can see unless you collect such killmails, i imagine such a system would be easy to implement : Button -> Dead Re-Clone

Saves time, saves bandwidth, exploit to travel around fast by clone jumping, isk sink.

Would be cool if only available in stations with medical.

Perhaps a commodity can be taken to commit suicide with.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#2 - 2012-01-29 22:59:16 UTC
I'd go for this if it was put in every NPC corp station.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2012-01-29 23:05:34 UTC
So you want to add in a whole new feature to the game because you're too proud to use the already existing and perfectly serviceable methods. Not supported in the least.

Besides the fact that it's pointless to duplicate something that's already in the game like that, you would end up with people posting on the forums because they accidentally suicided their +5 char, and more whine threads aren't what we need.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#4 - 2012-01-30 00:17:16 UTC
mxzf wrote:
more whine threads aren't what we need.

More whine threads are exactly what we need. What else am I supposed to lol over whilst I (pretend to) work?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#5 - 2012-01-30 01:13:28 UTC
Would create an issue.

A capsuleer who dies when not in their capsule experiences true death.

Put simply: No brain scan, no waking up in a clone.

i.e. YOU DIE AND STAY DEAD

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Gottfried Jorgund
Blatant Alt Corp
#6 - 2012-01-30 01:25:44 UTC
Just undock and self-destruct. Not hard....
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#7 - 2012-01-30 01:30:24 UTC
Jack Carrigan wrote:
Would create an issue.

A capsuleer who dies when not in their capsule experiences true death.

Put simply: No brain scan, no waking up in a clone.

i.e. YOU DIE AND STAY DEAD

And so we come to the subject of biomassing.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...