These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Take this forum and shove it.

First post
Author
Vyl Vit
#1 - 2012-01-29 03:39:33 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
I ain't postin' here no more. Love you guys, but I can't abide someone locking threads as if he owns the place.

CCP, whoever you are, I guess you just can't help yourselves. Too bad.

More's the pity.

Y'all be cool out there.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#2 - 2012-01-29 04:04:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Really though, the forums have needed more severe moderation than they were getting. We got used to every troll thread passing through, and it was gettign ridiculousness.

Don't know the threads being complained about, but their was likely a reason.

Oh and if you are referring to three pointless troll threads recently by someone going on about API and Goons, those deserved to be locked.
Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#3 - 2012-01-29 06:18:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Sara XIII
With the name change threads, the supercap threads, the boredom threads, and the locked thread threads is it okay for a nub like me to say:

Bitter vet tears best tears?

C'mon vets pick up your game. It's starting to suck around here! P
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Jaa-Ko Arakal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-01-29 06:20:04 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
Love you guys, but I can't abide some arbitrary jerk locking threads as if he owns the place.

They kinda do own the place.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-01-29 06:20:46 UTC
k
met worst
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-01-29 06:22:55 UTC
Having recently recieved several locked threads and a friendly email explaining why - all of which I absolutely and thoroughly deserved - I disagree with OP.

It's under-modded and getting worse IMO.
Ai Shun
#7 - 2012-01-29 07:02:15 UTC
I fondly remember our pony thread. Those were the days...

By Vyl, I sincerely hope you are just trolling.

The forums wouldn't be the same without your shady wit.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-01-29 07:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
You will be back Mr. Vit, because you will miss me Cool

On a more serious note I think you cannot blame CCP for closing threads that are full of fail-trolling.
A good troll stays polite and within the forum rules and makes other people do the stupid stuff.
A good troll never gets banned, he gets other people banned instead.
A good troll never starts a troll thread. If he needs a thread he just takes one. He never starts threads, but gets other people`s threads locked.
etc.

etc.

Now CCP is supplying you with ample feedback by closing those failed and botched threads. You cannot blame them for your lack of subtlety and grace, you should rather consider this an incentive to improve on your own techniques.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jovan Geldon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-01-29 07:19:39 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
I can't abide some arbitrary jerk locking threads as if he owns the place

Vyl Vit wrote:
as if he owns the place

i got some bad news for you mate
Botleten
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-29 07:38:11 UTC
I like ice cream.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-01-29 09:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Write a petition:

Be polite.

Try to make a reasonable argument why these threads should not have been locked and how the lock stymied a constructive decision.

Point out that locks are the ultima ratio of forum moderation, that they should be used sparingly and that forum mods have other, far less disruptive tools at their disposal.

Point out that full-time GMs are very careful to make clear what parts of the forum policies have been violated by the thread in question when locking it - whereas some of our esteemed ISDs do sadly not demonstrate the same level of diligence (yet).

Underline your complaints with examples.

Ask for the moderator's behavior to improve, not for the moderator to be relieved of his duty.

But please, please, please write a petition and don't just start a thread that will be locked by the very person you are complaining about and never reach his/her manager's eyes.

(I did write a petition on this topic yesterday but one petition by itself is an outlier; if you want changes you have to make your voice heard via the channels the people you want to reach actually listen on.)

Tobias Sjodin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-01-29 10:11:56 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
I ain't postin' here no more. Love you guys, but I can't abide some arbitrary jerk locking threads as if he owns the place.

CCP, whoever you are, I guess you just can't help yourselves. Too bad.

More's the pity.

Y'all be cool out there.

What did you think? That this was some kind of unowned public place with freedom of speech?

Ronald Reagan: I do not like Sweden, they support communism. Minister: Sir, but Sweden are anti-communist, Sir.  Ronald Reagan: I do not care what kind of communists they are.

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#13 - 2012-01-29 10:16:48 UTC
Sara XIII wrote:

Bitter vet tears best tears?

Strangely, they taste like... CHICKEN.

BAKAWK
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-01-29 10:17:20 UTC
This thread will be locked very quickly with the usual reason, Discussion of forum moderation is not allowed.

As was already stated, file a complaint petition. Make sure to include all the facts - names, dates, time, thread name, etc.
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-01-29 10:18:15 UTC
Kinda agree with OP here.

The filter that wont let you use words that have nothing wrong with them, devs removing posts etc...
Kinda makes you feel like you're in a room with a little child and you have to watch everything you say.
But whatever.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2012-01-29 10:21:30 UTC
Discussing forum moderation on the forums is not allowed.

Thread locked.

To discuss forum moderation, please file a petition or contact the Community team directly.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer