These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

STAR WARS Prequels re-released in 3D

Author
Nickdel Das
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-01-28 01:28:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nickdel Das
Yes kids, you can re-experience the epic suckage that was the SW prequels now in full 3D.

No better way to re-live total failure than in full, glorious 3rd dimension.

Coming soon to a theater near you...make sure to miss it.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#2 - 2012-01-28 01:35:53 UTC
Nickdel Das wrote:
Yes kids, you can re-expereince the epic suckage that was the SW prequels now in full 3D.

No better way to expereince failure than in in the 3rd dimension.

Coming soon to a theater near you...make sure to miss it.

But I hear in this version Obi wan will be played by Robert Pattinson and they will add a 30minute musical act in the scene where palpatine speaks with anakin about darth plagius, hint* beyonce will sing!!!

No I wont see it, Star Wars is dead to me.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-01-28 01:37:28 UTC
oldfags...
yes the originals were better. doesn't make the newer ones bad ( except the lol cartoon movie.)

i won't see it because 3d is dumb.
Endeavour Starfleet
#4 - 2012-01-28 02:45:44 UTC
Ya.. You know you will be there. Just come out and admit it.

Before you gouge your eyes out after seeing Jar Jar in 3D *shudders*
Nickdel Das
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-01-28 02:52:55 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Ya.. You know you will be there. Just come out and admit it.

Before you gouge your eyes out after seeing Jar Jar in 3D *shudders*

I'd rather be circumcised with a cheese grater.Ugh
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#6 - 2012-01-28 03:02:07 UTC
It's almost like I can reach out and ***** slap Jar-Jar myself.........

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#7 - 2012-01-28 03:32:46 UTC
wait 5 years than they will sell a digital version of the original movie tape for twice the price

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#8 - 2012-01-28 03:45:03 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
wait 5 years than they will sell a digital version of the original movie tape for twice the price

And in that version Jango Fett will be a nerf herder since him being a bounty hunter would come across as too violent. Also anakin never killed the younglins, he used the force and turned them all in to happy gungans and then have a tea party with them.
Nickdel Das
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-01-28 03:54:23 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Bienator II wrote:

And in that version Jango Fett will be a nerf herder since him being a bounty hunter would come across as too violent. Also anakin never killed the younglins, he used the force and turned them all in to happy gungans and then have a tea party with them.

Hopefully by that time George Lucas would have passed away so he cant hurt us anymore.Cry
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-28 04:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
Thank god George Lucas has retired from movie making.

Herping yourDerp wrote:
oldfags...
yes the originals were better. doesn't make the newer ones bad ( except the lol cartoon movie.)

i won't see it because 3d is dumb.

Watch these and then come back and post that the prequels where not bad. The review style is idiosyncratic but it clearly lays out how the prequels suck on a technical and creative level, it points out all the flaws in the writing, the plot, the characters and everything else.
Verone
Veto Corp
#11 - 2012-01-28 09:39:50 UTC

So basically what you're saying is that after half a dozen terrible re-cuts, extended and special edition DVDs, and releases of the "Remastered Star Wars Saga" that completely bastardised the original three movies, Lucas has had to resort to releasing the movies in 3D to give the characters in Episodes I, III and III even the slightest hint of depth?

Nice. Good Going LucasFilm.

Han Shot first, you stupid shower of bastards.

Verone CEO & Executor Veto Corp WWW.VETO-CORP.COM

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-01-28 10:06:22 UTC
Verone wrote:

So basically what you're saying is that after half a dozen terrible re-cuts, extended and special edition DVDs, and releases of the "Remastered Star Wars Saga" that completely bastardised the original three movies, Lucas has had to resort to releasing the movies in 3D to give the characters in Episodes I, III and III even the slightest hint of depth?

Nice. Good Going LucasFilm.

Han Shot first, you stupid shower of bastards.

I'm not a fan of the Han shot first thing. IIRC Han was the only one who shot at all. He murdered that bounty hunter in cold blood and never even gave him a chance to react. I think he would have done well in EVE.
Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-01-28 11:01:47 UTC
Implying you're not all going to relive your nerdgasm when darth maul unveiled the saber staff for the first time.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-01-29 06:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Herping yourDerp
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
snip.

irrelevant.

Edit, wow i couldn't stand 10 minutes of those "reviews" it's like they took a ****** and nit pick the movie. then **** over the older ones.

they were entertaining and presented back story to the originals.

yes, the prequels were worse, but they weren't bad.

new hope> return of the jedi>empire strikes back> episode 3> ep2>ep1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the animated one.>the animated cartoon show.
Reiisha
#15 - 2012-01-29 15:42:51 UTC
Kotor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> prequels

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Pulgy
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-01-29 18:34:43 UTC
Reiisha wrote:

I support this post.
Also let's throw in KOTOR 2 for good measure. However we shall not speak of that mmo thing...
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blasterâ„¢ . A Hybrid religion.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2012-01-29 20:34:51 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
The only part worth watching out of all 3 films is the opening of the third before anyone opens their mouth.

I thought, for 20 or 30 seconds that the last of them would be good, I thought the horrible acting and the vomit inducing script would be so much better because it could not be any worse.

NOOOoooooooooooooooooo
Brisco County
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-01-29 23:45:48 UTC
I'd rather stab my **** into a beehive.
Dorian Tormak
RBON United
#19 - 2012-01-30 02:01:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorian Tormak
Herping yourDerp wrote:
yes, the prequels were worse, but they weren't bad.

Yeah, they were.

The originals were for EVERYONE, these new ones seem to be made exclusively for the kiddies.

Everything about them SUCKED, the tie-ins sucked.... why not have the pod race instead be a Skyhopper race? That would have been the PERFECT tie-in right there, Anakin wins his freedom with a Skyhopper race and his son Luke plays around with them too, no, instead we get a dumb pod race, Greedo was friends with Anakin, goddamn stormtroopers are all Boba Fett clones?? What the hell??? And why is Anakin so YOUNG??? Couldn't he be like a teenager? Then he and Padme's romance could have kindled a little earlier and been a bit more realistic... and don't even get me STARTED on the moronic virgin birth thing Roll

... just had to get that out, and honestly that's only a fraction of what's wrong with the new bullcrap.

Edit:

Shivus Tao wrote:
Implying you're not all going to relive your nerdgasm when darth maul unveiled the saber staff for the first time.

I'm gonna second this, actually. Darth Maul was just about the coolest thing in the new movies :P

Reiisha wrote:

And this as well.

Holy Satanic Christ! This is a Goddamn Signature!

Darrow Hill
Vodka and Vice
#20 - 2012-01-30 02:06:11 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
No I wont see it, Star Wars is dead to me.

This!
12Next page