These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Not long now for dust?

Author
Anashka caldari
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-01-26 18:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Anashka caldari
So i just saw the new dust 514 footage, anyone else looking forward to it? I want to land some goon head shots myself Big smile.
I also hope its not gonna be 12v12 or 16v16 and more like MAG 128 vs128.

Edit: Forgot it will be 32 v 32 at launch oops Big smile
Jim Pooley
Swiss Army Spoons
#2 - 2012-01-26 18:46:43 UTC
Didn't anyone tell you? It's vaporware!
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-01-26 18:54:42 UTC
New footage?

Dodixie > Hek

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#4 - 2012-01-26 18:56:49 UTC
Duke Nukem "EVE of destruction" is a lie
BLACK-STAR
#5 - 2012-01-26 18:58:22 UTC
it's not going to be like MAG, the current limit for online matches is set at 64 (32 vs 32).

Dust 514 - good info source here

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-01-26 19:12:31 UTC
all i want is a beta key, does anyone know if any have be put out or when they are going to be put out?
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#7 - 2012-01-26 19:18:49 UTC
I suspect that the trails will launch around fanfest time.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

KFenn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-01-26 19:20:31 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
I suspect that the trails will launch around fanfest time.

I thought engine trails were already in the game?

But yeah, there was an interview with Hilmar somewhere which said this year's Fanfest would have some Sony input pertaining to Dust.

Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-01-26 19:21:41 UTC
This is the EVE forums, not Dust...
KFenn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-26 19:25:14 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:

And yet the two are very closely related. EVE's getting a little brother, we can't ignore it.

Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-01-26 19:30:23 UTC
i'd feel much better getting a beta key... i'm tough on games since i'm tired of crap we get.
mkint
#12 - 2012-01-26 19:32:16 UTC
KFenn wrote:
Doc Severide wrote:

And yet the two are very closely related. EVE's getting a little brother, we can't ignore it.

That just leaves holding him down and spitting in his mouth.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-01-26 19:32:57 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:

eve online and dust 514 are part of the same universe and the eve gate is what brings you to that place.

sorry to brake it to ya, but you are going to need to learn how to share
Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-01-26 19:53:55 UTC
I suspect DUST514 won't do very well. The market for console first person shooter games is already over saturated. Lots of high quality fps's out there along with an overwhelming number of mediocre to terrible fps's. Add to the fact that CCP has never made anything other than EvE. Worse still for DUST514, the EvE Online IP isn't all that well known in the MMO community, non existent in the console community.

This game has everything riding against it and almost nothing going for it. I don't hate or love the game, those are just the facts.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#15 - 2012-01-26 21:13:02 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
I suspect DUST514 won't do very well. The market for console first person shooter games is already over saturated. Lots of high quality fps's out there along with an overwhelming number of mediocre to terrible fps's. Add to the fact that CCP has never made anything other than EvE. Worse still for DUST514, the EvE Online IP isn't all that well known in the MMO community, non existent in the console community.

This game has everything riding against it and almost nothing going for it. I don't hate or love the game, those are just the facts.

Yet these terrible shooters are raking in more money than hollywood.

CCP before they made eve never made anything else outside of a board game similar to Life 10 years later look where we are at now?

Marking solves that problem and they just hired a advertisting heavy weight director to lead up the promotions. Guy gets partial blame for why 360 beat the snot out of ps3 in the beginning of this generation.

Consoles have communites because PC shooters all died out, Clans all moved onto shooters on consoles to games like battlefield and mag. Games like halo reach as a very strong community of content developers, halo horse is by far one of the funnest community created games. Developers are even beginning to listen to communites and making and incorproating new game modes. Call of duty has one where is a nice spin on king of the hill where the hill has a value of having supply drops for them.

Dust 514 is being regarded as one of the most improtant games for the ps3, all it needs now is the hype and money weight marketing other shoddier games have enjoyed.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-01-26 21:36:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Jim Pooley wrote:
Didn't anyone tell you? It's vaporware!

^

http://www.develop-online.net/features/1528/The-oldest-republic
Quote:
You have a famous relationship with Eve players. When Dust launches, how much are you thinking of them too?

Pétursson: Well the moment when we really meaningfully begin that dialogue will be at Fanfest this year. We’ll be speaking to the die hard fans, and have roundtable discussions, both for Eve and Dust – talking to people about what they’re concerned about – getting feedback on their ideas about how the games interplay.

Obviously we have the basic designs and ideas, but we really need to make sure we crack that puzzle of finding a compelling Dust experience for Eve players.

tl;dr CCP has no idea how the DUST<->EVE link will actually look like. After all that's just the one thing which is supposed to set DUST apart from all other mediocre console shooters...

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#17 - 2012-01-26 22:05:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Vera Algaert wrote:

tl;dr CCP has no idea how the DUST<->EVE link will actually look like. After all that's just the one thing which is supposed to set DUST apart from all other mediocre console shooters...

its not the one thing.

technically it is:
- fitting concept -> everyone can be anything, including vehicle customization
- persistence -> the planet you conquered remains conquered until somebody does something against it
- offline skillqueue -> kill 1mil sheeps to level up is not necessarily (edit: at least i believe its still on the feature list...)
- and the Eve link -> main marketing bullet point

so the only game you can compare dust to is planetside 2... which is PC exclusive.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#18 - 2012-01-26 22:22:43 UTC
Ahem you forgot meta gaming as well dust 514 will allow corp theives as they do in eve.

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-01-26 22:39:17 UTC
It's a shame they made it PS3 exclusive. There are plenty of Xbox players and PC FPS gamers who would never consider playing Eve that they could have targeted too.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#20 - 2012-01-26 22:45:15 UTC
Xbox is being retentive about thier network maybe when they change thier policies again theyll allow dust to work on it. At least ccp is saying they are more than willing to go there if xbox offers them a spot.

12Next page