These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SISI noob: How does SISI w-space work?

Author
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2012-01-25 23:13:40 UTC

I'm a SISI noob, having just setup my first test server client. My hope is to use SISI to test viability of 'solo' running a c5 system. My initial research suggests a couple potential problems with that plan, so I'd appreciate the advice of some more experienced folk before I dive in too deep.

1. Access to high-end w-systems

Am I correct in assuming that w-systems in SISI are pretty quiet and, as a result, that I will not find too many K162s in empire space? Accordingly would I be best to find myself a low level w-system with suitable static and just cycle the static until I find an empty suitable c5?

2. Turnover / spawn-rates of sigs and anoms?

Is there adequate sig / anom spawning in SISI w-space? I'm concerned that if we clear the system during our testing we may not get new sigs / anoms spawning. Perhaps SISI w-space sig/anom spawning follows a different dynamic to TQ.

Are there any other catches or gotchas concerning SISI w-space that I should know about?

Redirection also welcome if this is not the appropriate forum group for my query.

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Af'ilia
Af'ilia te's
#2 - 2012-01-26 09:35:22 UTC
Great... Another person who wants to test ship fittings.... Because that's what the test server is being utilized for... providing the community of eve online a safer way to test things so they dont get read stuff blown up. None of the money is at all supposed to be forwarded towards testing game mechanics to reside in a fairly bug free environment. Nope...
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3 - 2012-01-26 15:22:21 UTC
Substantia Nigra wrote:

I'm a SISI noob, having just setup my first test server client. My hope is to use SISI to test viability of 'solo' running a c5 system. My initial research suggests a couple potential problems with that plan, so I'd appreciate the advice of some more experienced folk before I dive in too deep.

Am I correct in assuming that w-systems in SISI are pretty quiet and, as a result, that I will not find too many K162s in empire space? Accordingly would I be best to find myself a low level w-system with suitable static and just cycle the static until I find an empty suitable c5?

Is there adequate sig / anom spawning in SISI w-space? I'm concerned that if we clear the system during our testing we may not get new sigs / anoms spawning. Perhaps SISI w-space sig/anom spawning follows a different dynamic to TQ.

Are there any other catches or gotchas concerning SISI w-space that I should know about?

Redirection also welcome if this is not the appropriate forum group for my query.

I even directly ASKED a GM 3 times to give me access to WH space on Sisi and NEVER got a response even.....................

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Mercgunner
NO Tax FAT Stacks
#4 - 2012-01-26 17:14:39 UTC
Substantia Nigra wrote:

Let's get something straight here...

SISI is NOT for testing ship fittings. It is for finding bugs. This whole thread alone is just one of hundreds of derp threads brought on by highsec carebears looking for ways to test their fittings.

Good, now that we've got that out of the way, here's what you need to know:

1. CCP will not move you into a wormhole, you'll have to find one on your own. Don't like it? Too bad.
B. SISI is not your testing ground for fittings, or pos setups, or anything of that sort. It is for finding bugs, nothing more.
III. Getout

Any questions?
Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-01-26 19:13:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Takeshi Yamato
Mercgunner wrote:

SISI is NOT for testing ship fittings. It is for finding bugs. This whole thread alone is just one of hundreds of derp threads brought on by highsec carebears looking for ways to test their fittings.

1. CCP will not move you into a wormhole, you'll have to find one on your own. Don't like it? Too bad.
B. SISI is not your testing ground for fittings, or pos setups, or anything of that sort. It is for finding bugs, nothing more.
III. Getout

There is nothing wrong with using SiSi for non-testing activities as long as they don't interfere with testing. Bugs can be found and reported by anyone, whether they are actively searching for them or not.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2012-01-26 20:47:51 UTC
Takeshi Yamato wrote:

There is nothing wrong with using SiSi for non-testing activities as long as they don't interfere with testing. Bugs can be found and reported by anyone, whether they are actively searching for them or not.

Thanks Takeshi.

I had just read that [snip] response and was drafting a less-than-charitable reply. You headed that off with a very measured, and entirely correct, response. Of course SISI's primary roles are bughunting and such, but it is (just like TQ-eve) used for a wide range of other experiemntal and test efforts by players. In a previous corp we used to come into SISI to practice our fleet warfare setups and procedures ... but I was a bit too-noobie at the time and never came over.

Still, not a lot of help on the getting-into-wspace problem. I've now scanned 20 lowsec/nullsec systems and found a single wormhole ... a lowsec-lowsec one. SISI dynamics, and the design of game w-space, don't make it easy :-)

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Mawnee
Sleepless Knights
#7 - 2012-01-26 22:21:12 UTC
I've spent the last couple of days scanning a few high sec systems for WH. I only found two (Class 3) in that time.
Swidgen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-01-27 00:01:08 UTC
Substantia Nigra wrote:

My first reply was much longer than this one, but the forum software ate it. W-space on sisi supposedly works the same as it does on TQ. You won't find many K162s. Find a wh with a static to C5/C6 so you can cycle them. The anoms/sleepers in a wh won't respawn unless other people in the same wh constellation are killing them too. The odds of that happening on sisi are low. I found a C5 entrance from nullsec recently but it took about 6 hours of scanning spread over 3 days. They are out there, you just have to look harder.

Pay no attention to the peanut gallery. If CCP didn't want people to test ships, modules and game mechanics on their own, they wouldn't hand out 2M SP to people who participate in the mass tests.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-01-27 00:23:02 UTC
Swidgen wrote:
They are out there, you just have to look harder.

Thanks. That's as much as I can hope for I think.

I figure that once I get into a C2 I will prolly be set, so I will just keep pottering around and scanning.

Swidgen wrote:

Pay no attention to the peanut gallery.

LOL, you right there. Afraid I sometimes forget about the 'diversity' out there amongst my fellow eve-dwellers :-) Thanks.

Swidgen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-01-27 00:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Swidgen
Substantia Nigra wrote:
Thanks. That's as much as I can hope for I think.

I figure that once I get into a C2 I will prolly be set, so I will just keep pottering around and scanning.

I've got a character currently in an un-bonused C2 on sisi with statics to highsec and C3. I can arrange for you to get into it if you'd like. My own testing is done there, in fact I haven't even logged him on at all this week. If you're interested, please reply here and I'll arrange a highsec bookmark for you on sisi.

Edit: All C3s typically have statics to some combination of high/low/nullsec, so you'd need to find one of the "random" wh spawns from the C2 or connecting C3 to a higher class wh. Your time might be better spent scanning from k-space for an M555 direct to a C5. I found several of those before finding this C2. This one was ideal for me since I was mainly interested in testing a few things out in C3 wormholes.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-01-27 01:07:10 UTC
Swidgen wrote:
... C2 on sisi with statics to highsec and C3. If you're interested, please reply here and I'll arrange a highsec bookmark for you on sisi.

Thanks, that'd be a great start. I realise that most C3s have only got statics back to k-space but reckon that a 46/495 chance (C3 with static deeper into w-space) is prolly better than I am dealing with atm.

Swidgen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-01-27 01:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Swidgen
Substantia Nigra wrote:
Swidgen wrote:
... C2 on sisi with statics to highsec and C3. If you're interested, please reply here and I'll arrange a highsec bookmark for you on sisi.

Thanks, that'd be a great start. I realise that most C3s have only got statics back to k-space but reckon that a 46/495 chance (C3 with static deeper into w-space) is prolly better than I am dealing with atm.

I edited my post above while you were replying Smile Have a look at Arvash's post number 36 on this page and the picture it links. That picture has been a big help to me. From it, I don't think there are any C3s that have "standard" statics to anythnig except high, low and nullsec. You'd have to find one of the "constellation" or "regional" statics that rotate from place to place, and I don't think anybody has a really good idea of how they work or what sort of timers they're on.

If you're still interested, reply one more time and I'll get you a bookmark. My other char is scanning the wh right now for the D845 highsec exit. It should be good for 24 hours once I find it and warp to it. There's no depending on sisi downtimes lately, but last week it was usually going offline around 04:00 eve time and coming back up 4 hours later. It can be erratic, though, as I'm sure you're aware.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2012-01-27 01:53:22 UTC
Swidgen wrote:
I don't think there are any C3s that have "standard" statics to anythnig except high, low and nullsec.

That may well be correct. I just crossed checked some of my hits against eve-eye and none of the C3s I thought had w-space statics were confirmed :-(

Swidgen wrote:
If you're still interested, reply one more time and I'll get you a bookmark.

If your guys gets to hisec, then yes please. No harm in it, and it just may help a little :-)

Swidgen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-01-27 03:21:43 UTC
Substantia Nigra wrote:
If your guys gets to hisec, then yes please. No harm in it, and it just may help a little :-)

OK, contract for bookmarks up for Substantia on sisi. The B274 (not D845 as I said above) had "not yet begun its natural cycle of decay" when I first warped to it about an hour ago at 02:00 eve time. It should be there for another 23 hours. I left behind a couple of ships including an orca with a small caldari pos inside it with about 11 days worth of fuel blocks, some stront, a CHA and an SMA. There's also a bookmark for the O477 static that goes to a C3 system, but I didn't warp to that one so it should still be fresh.
Mnengli Noiliffe
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-01-29 06:12:30 UTC
Mercgunner wrote:

III. Getout

Any questions?

sisi is made for testing and devs do exactly that with it.

but you can't test on an absolutely empty sever - you have to either write some programs that emulate player behavior and run them in thousands copies; or you can just open the server for the players to do their thing there and organize mass tests.

a question for you: who would ever participate in any mass tests if they couldn't use the rewarded skillpoints to test fits and other stuff they can't test on tq? hint: almost no one.
Mnengli Noiliffe
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-01-29 06:16:06 UTC
Mawnee wrote:
I've spent the last couple of days scanning a few high sec systems for WH. I only found two (Class 3) in that time.

I found c5 and c1 yesterday so they're there. went through a dozen ot two systems before that though.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-01-29 07:44:38 UTC
Mnengli Noiliffe wrote:

I found c5 and c1 yesterday so they're there.

Thanks for the reassurance.

First system I visited this evening I found an N432. Now I am in a C5 static-C5, and figure that will lead me to a C5 static and then c2 static C5 ... eventually :-)

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#18 - 2012-01-29 13:20:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Mercgunner wrote:

SISI is NOT for testing ship fittings. :

B. SISI is not your testing ground for fittings, or pos setups, or anything of that sort.III. Getout

Any questions?

Alrighty there, A$$, Sisi IS for testing of new mods not yet available in-game, and CCP has expressed that they need data on new mods and their performance. AND.................

There is info in the Sisi forums that one is to ASK one of the GM's (at the time specifically CCP_Shiney) WHICH regions w-space is currently operable in on Sisi as they do move around and one will NOT find them with any ease......Sisi is for testing not ENDLESS searching. They keep access somewhat restricted but WILL inform you of the current region.

Nobody is asking to be handed into the middle of a wormhole on a plate for God's sakes.

AND....Sisi is for doing whatever the F---you WANT to do. Are you GOD ???? CEO of CCP ??????

You sure got your panty-hose in a HUGE snitty knot there, Boeeeeey................WOW!

Such impassioned feelings for.....my God WHAT ?????

Oh, I'm so sorry. You are in Suddenly Ninjas....THAT explains it all...........................Roll

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Af'ilia
Af'ilia te's
#19 - 2012-01-31 18:39:28 UTC
Mnengli Noiliffe wrote:
Mercgunner wrote:

III. Getout

Any questions?

sisi is made for testing and devs do exactly that with it.

but you can't test on an absolutely empty sever - you have to either write some programs that emulate player behavior and run them in thousands copies; or you can just open the server for the players to do their thing there and organize mass tests.

a question for you: who would ever participate in any mass tests if they couldn't use the rewarded skillpoints to test fits and other stuff they can't test on tq? hint: almost no one.

There was a time where they mass tested without rewarding sp. And many people joined in only cause they wished to blow **** up.

Gf.