These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What sites would you suggest for the EVE Newsletter's Community Spotlight

First post
Author
CCP Loktofeit
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2012-01-26 17:06:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Loktofeit
One of my various tasks here at CCP is writing the monthly EVE Newsletter, and I wanted to tap the forum crowd for suggestions of some good but lesser known player-made content out there. I get the feeling that there are several really good sites that are familiar to the forum crowd but not so much outside of it.

What blogs, resources, podcasts, etc would you like to see in the Community Spotlight section of upcoming newsletters?
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-01-26 17:07:40 UTC
Kugu, it's where everything relevant and important to Eve gets posted first.

Failing that do Eve News 24; it's a very accurate and informative website.
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#3 - 2012-01-26 17:17:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Renan Ruivo
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Kugu, it's where everything relevant and important to Eve gets posted first but buried in a few hundred metric tons of irrelevant and unimportant ****.

Failing that do Eve News 24; it's a very accurate and informative website.

Fixed it for you =)

Honestly i'd watch evenews24 but only some of the content. There are bloggers out there with stuff too, such as Jester Trek and some of the CSM.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#4 - 2012-01-26 17:26:44 UTC
I wouldnt mind seeing an article dedicated to the various efforts to 'map' eve over the time eve existed... obviously the main 2 areas of this would be the various eve influence maps that existed and also ombeys and wollari's efforts; although there have been others. These are vital contributions which a large percentage of eve players use and possibly take for granted.

Eve cartography? c:

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

E man Industries
SeaChell Productions
#5 - 2012-01-26 17:30:01 UTC
http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/

better than all other news sites and blogs combined.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#6 - 2012-01-26 17:31:10 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:

Eve cartography? c:

dotlan?

I mean they could have some new features like the animated sov maps
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#7 - 2012-01-26 17:40:32 UTC
Morganta wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:

Eve cartography? c:

dotlan?

Maybe I wasn't clear when I implied an article about the historic cartography.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#8 - 2012-01-26 17:48:33 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Morganta wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:

Eve cartography? c:

dotlan?

Maybe I wasn't clear when I implied an article about the historic cartography.

one would assume if they did the work to make it happen that they have the historical data (one would hope) to do it.
CCP Loktofeit
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2012-01-26 18:03:54 UTC

Just read Jester's mid-game article and looking forward to reading more.

I thought I had done EVENews24 before but evidently not.

Lady Spank, if you have some links to historical cartography sites, post them. That sounds like it will be interesting to a lot of players, too.

This is a great start. Thanks, all!

NOTE: The mid-Feb Newsletter is all about Fanfest 2012, so there probably won't be a Community Spotlight in that one unless I can find a fan site with a lot of prior Fanfest stuff on it. Community Spotlight section will be in the regular end-of-month newsletter.

Thanks again!
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-01-26 18:53:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
As an idea potentially as a ticker/drip feed small reocurring article that could appear, but its really an educational and RP point of view. I have yet to find references to the Yulai convention articles and might be useful to embelish players gaming with the history etc.

So I was wondering if they could be included as an ongoing educational addition to some of the Official message materials. Be it in newsletters, website and/or the forum etc.

The idea is not to debate each article with a full undrstanding of the material but simply a quote to its reference:

e.g.

"According to article 37a of the Yulai Convention, vessels of national navies are explicitly forbidden from docking at other national navies' stations if those stations are within the confines of the owning navy's borders. Exceptions are granted only through specific written permission and statement of intent, both of which must go through proper CONCORD channels beforehand."
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-01-26 18:55:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Kugu, it's where everything relevant and important to Eve gets posted first.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#12 - 2012-01-26 19:13:00 UTC
Please do not suggest my gallery, its not 100% eve.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-01-26 19:56:01 UTC
I was, um, kidding about Eve News 24. It's a terrible site filled with factual and grammatical errors and run by a crazy Panamanian.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-01-26 19:56:21 UTC
Also he steals 99% of the content.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-01-26 19:56:36 UTC
From Kugu.
Zirse
Risktech Analytics
#16 - 2012-01-26 19:59:36 UTC
I find it hilarious that CCP still refuses to acknowledge the existrance of Kugu after all these years.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-01-26 20:02:29 UTC
No no no you're confusing Kugu with that other site, Kugu is different from that. That one is Mulla Nasrudin's site. Kugu is a spin-off of that and is in no way officially related anymore.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-01-26 20:25:11 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
CCP Loktofeit wrote:
One of my various tasks here at CCP is writing the monthly EVE Newsletter, and I wanted to tap the forum crowd for suggestions of some good but lesser known player-made content out there. I get the feeling that there are several really good sites that are familiar to the forum crowd but not so much outside of it.

What blogs, resources, podcasts, etc would you like to see in the Community Spotlight section of upcoming newsletters?

So does it have to an outside source? The reason I ask this is there's been some very good guides written and posted in these forums as well.

On a side note:

The Delivery Person hasn't been delivering my Newsletter.
Othran
Route One
#19 - 2012-01-26 20:26:05 UTC
Dotlan - CCP should be paying the hosting costs for this guy. Pretty much everyone involved in PvP uses this site.

Darth A30NZ
Society Of New Eden Studies
#20 - 2012-01-26 21:27:27 UTC
You're welcome to check out my corps new show, funny enough called "New Eden Spotlight"

link found here

Enjoy.

New Eden Spotlight full episode list. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/NewEdenSpotlight/videos

12Next page