These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issues with new Customs Office Hitbox

First post
Author
Cpt Zonk
Stranger Things
#1 - 2012-01-24 19:08:10 UTC
Drones and Laser weapons don't cycle anymore on the new COs
Thats really a mess with shooting offices.

Torps are working correctly.
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2012-01-25 15:17:43 UTC
Did the customs office recently come out of reinforcement?

I have been able to reproduce the conditions which this would occur and are seeing similar data in the logs, but I'm curious how it got into this state in the first place. Could you either file a bug report or reply here with some more detail about this POCO shoot?

Cheers-

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Cpt Zonk
Stranger Things
#3 - 2012-01-25 21:35:39 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

I have been able to reproduce the conditions which this would occur and are seeing similar data in the logs, but I'm curious how it got into this state in the first place. Could you either file a bug report or reply here with some more detail about this POCO shoot?

Cheers-

We've seen multiple issues.

Finishing Offices comming out of reinforce seams to be buggy as hell.

1.)You cant cycle your guns or drones on them. (Missiles work)
2.)And you also cant cycle shield transfer modules correctly. Cycle is not shown at all but cap is consumed.
3.)Also logistic pilots get multiple sec hits while cap transfer to laser ships ... thats fun as hell.
Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#4 - 2012-01-25 22:08:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Dant
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

Cheers-

The only special thing about the POCO where I've seen this is that it was reinforced before the patch, and came out after it.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Jack Dant
#5 - 2012-01-26 07:34:46 UTC
Also, in a possibly related bug: POCOs being attacked when coming out of reinforcement after the last patch do not send notifications.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2012-01-26 10:11:09 UTC
Yep same bug, a fix has gone in and I'm hoping it will be deployed either today or tomorrow.

Von ManchIden
Mimics
#7 - 2012-01-26 17:45:57 UTC
This is extremely annoying, we now have to spend a further 2 days sieging a WH because of this bug.

Is there anyway that we can get COs removed that should have been destroyed last night after exiting reinforced mode?

We got 4 or 5 done but we're sieging a system with 14 customs offices and its a bit rediculous to expect us to click 100,000 times to destroy them all :/
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2012-01-26 19:37:15 UTC
Von ManchIden wrote:
Is there anyway that we can get COs removed that should have been destroyed last night after exiting reinforced mode?

I'm not sure TBH. You can try petition it but it would be hard to say who would have won the engagement had gun cycling been working correctly so I am guessing the GMs will just say no.

Really sorry that it is broken, we should have caught it before it hit TQ. I can confirm that the fix is scheduled for deployment at the next downtime though so you are weapons free after that.

Jack Dant
#9 - 2012-01-26 21:39:40 UTC
Von ManchIden wrote:

The bug affects reps more than guns, since they get stuck in the cycle. Guns will shoot as long as you keep mashing the key. We killed a POCO last night despite the bug, but couldn't rep one of ours that ended up being destroyed 5 hours after coming out of reinforcement.

Jack Dant
#10 - 2012-01-27 08:57:35 UTC
Could this have affected CO shield regeneration?

I've seen 2 separate offices die in the last day, 4-5 hours after coming out of RF. By that time they should have regenerated their shield back to 25%.