These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incursion fixes/feedback thread

First post First post
Author
Valentine V
Kybernauts
Kybernauts Clade
#201 - 2012-01-24 23:36:06 UTC
Captain Rivel wrote:
- Revamp the reward system
Addresses: 1, 2, 8, 9, 10
Solution: ISK is the primary medium in which products in EVE are exchanged. It has a fairly standard exchange rate with products giving it an implied value. When an NPC spawns ISK as a reward, it gives those players the implied value of ISK. This would be fine if the amount of ISK matched the difficulty in which the task was completed. In the case of incursions, this is skewed which causes problems with the value of ISK. The counter to ISK is products, these products can be valued by players and will exchange them for ISK. Thus leaving the value of incursions up to the market. The amount a fleet is rewarded is also skewed in relation to the fleet size and time it takes to complete a site. The reward per hour is backwards and doesn't scale properly. Head Quarter fleets should receive the highest reward per hour, not Vanguards. The way to fix these problems are to change the primary payout to something other then ISK (LP, item drops, etc.) and then increase the payouts for Assaults and Headquarters. Thus fixing the imbalance of ISK and backwards growth as sites increase.
- Revamp the Sites/AI
Addresses: 2, 4, 5, 6
Solution: Every single site needs to be reviewed and modified as needed. There are several sites that should be either removed, or replaced, with a completely new one. The sites that are currently in play look like a sample tray on a menu. Sites need to play more into the lore of incursions giving players better insight and more/new objectives to complete. Similarly, site spawns need to have some variables within them, no site should have the same exact spawns every single time in the same order, nor should they be completely random. Have different types of waves spawn with different roles. These roles could be attack focused, defensive/avoid focused, ewar focused etc. This requires the fleet to pay attention and react based on whats in front of them, not just go through the motions like they are now. The site difficulty should scale within a fleet size, meaning there should be Hard/Harder/Hardest sites for each of the fleet sizes (Vanguards/Assaults/HQs). Right now fleets can be tailor made to run from site to site with ease, while more standard fleets struggle. Having certain sites that spawn for only the strongest fleets gives normal running fleets less issues finding sites.

continued in part 2

I love most of the ideas you have put into this. It is very well put together and sums up a majority of the problems currently faced by incursion runners. I only have a few issues with the ideas you have to fix the issue.
1: Adding Item Drops to incursions. The big issue I have with this is there is no way EVE players will share the loot. You will have people in the fleet only looking to pick up the drops and not follow what the FC is saying. This will lead to good FCs giving up because they need to kick people all the time for almost losing a few Bil in ships over 1 mod worth a few Mil. Good idea but not practical with most of the eve players in the game.
2: Having the Sites Change how they run. We can’t do this for mission runners, how are we going to do it for Incursions? Not saying it’s a bad idea, just saying it’s impractical. Yes, Eve players are smarter than a majority of the other MMOs, but that’s not much to shake a stick at. One of the big reasons Assaults and HQs are not ran is because there’s still is too much for a new FC to know and think about. The training will get done, but I don’t know anyone in eve that’s willing to be a few Bil ISK Ginny pig. That is also with the current Incursion setup. You add even more stuff that changes, people will stop all in all.
Like I said, you have good ideas and I support most of them, but these two topics are to impractical to work anyway to run them.
V
Vlad Cetes
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#202 - 2012-01-24 23:46:36 UTC
Incursion distribution should be like this:

1 hi-sec
3 low-sec
3 0.0

That would fix most of the problems
Valentine V
Kybernauts
Kybernauts Clade
#203 - 2012-01-25 00:01:00 UTC
John Maynard Keynes wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Hi,
I'm making this thread on behalf of CCP Bettik…
-Greyscale

Why do high sec carebears go to low-, null-sec and WH? Because of the higher income despite the hifher risk! (ok null is actually safer than high-sec)
However, highsec incursion destroy the incentives to move out of high. I know many 0.0 dweller who go to hifg-sec to farm incursions and come only to pvp. This is ridiculous!
Solution:
Make incursons a low-sec only event (you can make it even more rewarding then). Furthermore, make sanshas within sites attack capsuleers with criminal flag first! So that it becomes difficult to gank inurson fleets within sites but still possible to catch people at the gates and so on.
+ gives an enormous and much desired boost to low sec
+ pirates get someone to play with
+ Carebears who want to have a higher income will have to learn to pvp or to hire mercs who would protect their farming op.
- bitter tears from some high sec carebears who think eve is WoW in space and that incursions are raids.
+ For CCP: You distinguish your product from all the 08/15 MMOs where you simply grind stuff all day long. Which means less competition.
+ for Factional Warfare: FW Alliances will (sometimes) compete with null-sec gangs who will certainly try to farm low-sec incursions.
+ FW alliances will get additional inflow of members who want to run incursions but lack a proper organisational structure
And before people start to cry. For some reason people were happy to farm WHs even though it is quite risky.
P.S: It would actually solve many problems in this game.

You have solved nothing asides trying to promote your warmongering. Get over it the only people going to LowSec are the people that are willing to. They accept the risk of going into the shark pit, and they get the prize for coming out on the other side in a better shape than dead. There is no need for CCP to **** off those that are happy where they are by trying to appease the few that live in LowSec.
/me-TrollMode InternetCard removed, please stop talking till you have something not involving warmongering to say.f
TurAmarth ElRandir
Hiigaran Bounty Hunters Inc.
#204 - 2012-01-25 00:05:12 UTC
mkint wrote:

...It was publicly stated by the designers that incursions are meant to last about a week. ...

... (CCP) You already know that incursions add no more isk to the economy than any other form of PVE, especially since the LP added is an isk sink. You shared the data at the summit that inflation is not a problem right now at all. The whining "they pay too much" butthurt trolls are wrong, and you know it, though that's 99% of what this thread is going to be. Pay is fine. The players organize themselves, share standings lists, and have worked out a lot of that "emergent gameplay" you people like to brag about so much. Fix the problems and the complexity of the emergent gameplay will increase. Listen to the butthurt trolls, and incursions will die, and you'll lose all those subscriptions who refuse to go back to lame missioning or ratting after having done incursions.

Good lord... that it the clearest and most significant post about this subject that has been posted AT ANY TIME.

On the other side and for some real "ihazdrake!" butthurt whining see Krissda's recent Threadnaught... https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=55792

TurAmarth ElRandir Anoikis Merc, Salvager, Logibro and Unrepentant Blogger Fly Wreckless and see you in the Sky =/|)= http://turamarths-evelife.blogspot.com/

Captain Rivel
SKEET ELITE
#205 - 2012-01-25 00:26:05 UTC
Valentine V wrote:
Captain Rivel wrote:
- Revamp the reward system
Addresses: 1, 2, 8, 9, 10
[cut from quote]
- Revamp the Sites/AI
Addresses: 2, 4, 5, 6
[cut from quote]

continued in part 2

I love most of the ideas you have put into this. It is very well put together and sums up a majority of the problems currently faced by incursion runners. I only have a few issues with the ideas you have to fix the issue.
1: Adding Item Drops to incursions. The big issue I have with this is there is no way EVE players will share the loot. You will have people in the fleet only looking to pick up the drops and not follow what the FC is saying. This will lead to good FCs giving up because they need to kick people all the time for almost losing a few Bil in ships over 1 mod worth a few Mil. Good idea but not practical with most of the eve players in the game.
2: Having the Sites Change how they run. We can’t do this for mission runners, how are we going to do it for Incursions? Not saying it’s a bad idea, just saying it’s impractical. Yes, Eve players are smarter than a majority of the other MMOs, but that’s not much to shake a stick at. One of the big reasons Assaults and HQs are not ran is because there’s still is too much for a new FC to know and think about. The training will get done, but I don’t know anyone in eve that’s willing to be a few Bil ISK Ginny pig. That is also with the current Incursion setup. You add even more stuff that changes, people will stop all in all.
Like I said, you have good ideas and I support most of them, but these two topics are to impractical to work anyway to run them.
V

Item drops were put in quotes just to give an idea out, loot in incursions do cause a lot of problems and overall isn't the best idea, the point of me saying it was just to show that theres other ways to reward players then ISK. Another point related to multiple types of payouts was loyalty points. What I realized was I forgot to mention that in order to swap to LP as a primary form of payout, the LP store for concord would have to be updated as well.

The reason I brought up multiple AI waves is because of what CCP said when they were designing incursions. They took the sleeper AI, broke it down and built on it making different parts of the AI able to be swept in and out as they please. So with some work it would be possible to use in incursion sites. Now for the reasons behind it, Incursions should be the closest thing to PVP in a PVE environment, thats why they are given the strongest AI, maybe I think too highly of the average incursion runner or maybe you think too poorly of them but having multiple types of AI in sites isn't beyond reach. I also mentioned an idea to bring in different difficulties of sites with the same fleet size, perhaps using multiple types of AI would only happen in the hardest of sites.

Thanks for your feedback , it allows for me to bounce off ideas with others and better explain my ideas which make sense to me, but possibly not to others as I may of left something out. x]
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#206 - 2012-01-25 00:39:14 UTC
Vlad Cetes wrote:

1 hi-sec
3 low-sec
3 0.0

How? 0.0 Alliances have neither the equipment nor motivation to run large scale PvE content. Only an idiot would enter low sec in anything other than a pvp fit. PvP fits are incompatible with PvE content.

Sorry but while I could see PvPing in a very expensive ship (not a great idea but I can see doing it), I'm not going to self select to be a victim in an expensive fit.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2012-01-25 01:34:36 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Remove isk rewards entirely, increase LP payout and stop spawning/despawn any sites once the mom has spawned.

Quoted for truth.
vampire knight
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#208 - 2012-01-25 01:39:31 UTC
hey all o/ im going to make this short and sweet. ive read alot of good ideas in here and hope for the best for everyone, i would like to add that during incursions i would like to have sansha's at every gate, planet, station, moon and belt with each haveing a bounty and abit of LP.. it would make things alittle harder for everyone and give those solo pilots waiting/looking for fleets something todo.. make the sansha's smarter and more unpredictable. The idea is to keep people logged in, i dont know how many times ive logged off and did something else because i was bored and didnt feel like waiting for something to open up.Lol
sacrificiallamb Sasen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#209 - 2012-01-25 02:33:59 UTC
What i would like to see changed in incursions

1 the size of fleets vanguards form 10 to 20 assaults form 20 to 30 and hq from 40 to 50ppl

2 make the control penalties premenant not just 2 hour if that

3 remove the triggers ship make them more random and more spawns i can go afk in tcrc and tpph hq's stop that

4 make all site harder i want to go into a site knowing that i could well lose my ship ~(at mo i can go into site go make coffee
go afk for 5 10mins and still come back to a ship, i want to feel like iam in a hostile place

5 payout change the vanguards for 3 to 4minutes you get 10mil whats the fun it that.

6make the site much more random in spawns the amount of ships - damage

7 change the kundailni site, so it does not spawns after 4 hours or less have it so it spawns after like 80 to 100 hq's have be run
some thing like that at mo the site could be dead with in hours.
may be put to mom ship in this site so it take longer then 15 mins to kill, it the biggest pay out yet is to easy to run.

this is space. space is a dangerous place and should feel like that, even in high sec it is incursion

thanks hope you like. an incursion carebear :)
Faith G'ieyer
Doomheim
#210 - 2012-01-25 03:47:19 UTC
The Only thing CCP should do is make the MoM appear after a period of 2 to 3 days , it shows up the sites no longer spawn players kill it ... new incursion comes up.....

Do this to end the Whole griefergeddon .... Hi sec plays are NOT going to move to low sec or 0.0 , if you live in 0.0 or low sec and dont like the fact that their is a group of players that dont want to play like to you do tough s^&t !!! get over it.

Vel Kyri
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#211 - 2012-01-25 03:52:29 UTC
Moar Lowsec incursions
Master OlavPancrazio
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#212 - 2012-01-25 04:17:29 UTC
Vel Kyri wrote:
Moar Lowsec incursions

Quoting for truth
Amantus
Drexciyan Sea Unit
SPACE DETROIT
#213 - 2012-01-25 04:19:52 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
Vlad Cetes wrote:

1 hi-sec
3 low-sec
3 0.0

How? 0.0 Alliances have neither the equipment nor motivation to run large scale PvE content. Only an idiot would enter low sec in anything other than a pvp fit. PvP fits are incompatible with PvE content.

Sorry but while I could see PvPing in a very expensive ship (not a great idea but I can see doing it), I'm not going to self select to be a victim in an expensive fit.

lol at your troll mate.

posted from my htc desire using tapatalk
Snake O'Donell
Core Impulse
#214 - 2012-01-25 04:19:56 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
Vlad Cetes wrote:

1 hi-sec
3 low-sec
3 0.0

You are literally ********.
Neyem Praetorius
Reib Autonomous Industries
#215 - 2012-01-25 05:46:17 UTC
Whatever other changes are implemented, the possibility for third parties to disrupt farming should remain. The emergent community which is forming around incursion closing is a glorious thing.
Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#216 - 2012-01-25 06:10:00 UTC
Incursions is the best thing that happened to Eve for at least 3 reasons.

1. Players gain access to smart NPC combat which requires them to unite with logis, resists, and dps.

2. Rich rewards are brought from the wormholes to the masses. Nice shiny ships are flown, and Eve sees the full range of gameplay with them.

3. The 1 server MMO power of the Eve Universe is enhanced as players from null sec, low sec, and high sec find great interest in each other.

Those reasons having been said, my feedback is that we aim our fixes of incursions to focus on those strengths.

First, access to smart NPC combat should be enhanced by escalating system site spawns as the incursion is worked. VG systems escalate to spawn Assault sites. Assault to HQ, if I am getting the order right, etc. Each system escalates 1 level at a time, so that after 20% influence has been lifted, a scout system spawns VG sites. 40% influence lifted yields assault sites there.

Second, rewards can really get aspects of incursions going which have had difficulty. More ISK rewards for low sec and null sec incursions. To keep outside fleets from crashing the party, the MOM site bookmark should only be given to the top 30 players with the most concord lp from that incursion. Only allow the FC of the winning fleet to take from the MOM wreck.

Third, connecting so many players is great, so let's keep it going. Also, how about an icon to indicate whether a fleet mate has aggression so logis don't have to worry about if RR makes them a WT too.

And seriously, the fleet tagging system needs to have a simple shortcut to tag each ship. Include auto-tagging, where ships are tagged according to player specified rules about ship type and distance for either pve or pvp.

For the added bonus to making incursions more like pvp, how about allowing incursions NPCs to warp off field when going down and then back onto the field after getting off-field RR. Players would then have to fit warp disruptors too.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

Kel'Tarus
League of Gentlemen Extraordinaire
#217 - 2012-01-25 10:47:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kel'Tarus
Totally saw this coming, good thing I trained Tengu as a backup. Off I go to nullsec, my alliance will take good care of me.

P.S. Read my sig

Why fix it if it ain't broken

Serge SC
The Valhalla Project
#218 - 2012-01-25 10:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Serge SC
carmelos53 wrote:

HQ rebalancing
True Creations Research Center needs to be removed or changed due to the simply fact you are REQUIRED to have a code breaker to complete the site. Now it's fine if you get an ADVANTAGE by using a codebreak but pilots should never be forced to completely reship to complete a site of the same type ***different HQs**

I'm intrigued by this, if you don't mind.

I have never ran a TCRC with the help of a codebreaker, and I've FC'd myself at least 100 of them - if there is a way to use a codebreaker in a TCRC I'd like to know, as it could drastically easen the site. I know only the OTA and the Kundalini could use one, but it is not actually required. However the TCRC does require a delicate fleet composition, as tractor beams are needed as well as some ships with afterburners to move faster towards the CONCORD MTAC factory.

Thanks for the feedback,

Serge
Shield FC

Serge SC Le Frenchman Friendly FC

Krod Mand00n
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#219 - 2012-01-25 12:07:35 UTC
As someone who is unable to use RL cash to pay for my gametime I find incursions are the best way to pay for my two accounts, one for pvp and one to make isk in incursions. If hi-sec incursions are nerfed CCP and the people who I buy replacement ships and mods from will lose the income from my 2 accounts and that will also mean that someone who buys the plexes that I buy will no longer have part of the income that I and 'possibly' many others provide that are in a similar position to myself.

I refuse to do as "some " people do and use a bot as this is against the EULA and do not want to see my accounts banned, and I am not rich enough to have access to a tech moon, so for me incursions are the only way that I can a. enjoy pvp and b. meet and keep in touch with some of the people I have met along the way.

All I ask is that CCP think carefully before hi-sec incursions are nerfed. If anything increase the rewards for low and null sec incursions. If people from more wealthy alliances want to ruin my gameplay then I call for them to subsidise my accounts, that will be two plexes a month thank you.
Allko
Zero Tax services
#220 - 2012-01-25 12:18:58 UTC
:) in EVE "fix"mean "nerf" soooo...

A simple solution could be:
increase lvl4 payout by 50% and move/nerf incursions sites wherever you like ... everyone wins