These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Bring Back Old Missile Names

Author
steelfist alderon
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-01-24 21:49:19 UTC
I know the old system of names was slightly confusing...

But I WANT THEM BACK

How could drakes live without their beloved scourge missiles, and how will Phoenixs/Nags do without their god Thor... Even tho Trauma is quite nice it's not conveying the differences if were just all throwing the same ammo around.

Making things better is one thing.... but EVE isnt supposed to be idiot proof... were supposed to get rid of the idiots... or at least let them get ganked in their expensive ships...

Please bring back the proper names so we can not have boring missiles like other ammos...

I will always feel bad throwing Mjolnir into anything other than a bomber...

Besides... shouldnt Kinetic have been Mjolnir since it's the name for Thor's Hammer...
Nova just sounds bad too...

Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-01-24 22:00:19 UTC
steelfist alderon wrote:
I know the old system of names was slightly confusing...

But I WANT THEM BACK

How could drakes live without their beloved scourge missiles, and how will Phoenixs/Nags do without their god Thor... Even tho Trauma is quite nice it's not conveying the differences if were just all throwing the same ammo around.

Making things better is one thing.... but EVE isnt supposed to be idiot proof... were supposed to get rid of the idiots... or at least let them get ganked in their expensive ships...

Please bring back the proper names so we can not have boring missiles like other ammos...

I will always feel bad throwing Mjolnir into anything other than a bomber...

Besides... shouldnt Kinetic have been Mjolnir since it's the name for Thor's Hammer...
Nova just sounds bad too...

So the whole basis of your proposal is because you don't like the names.

Got it.

Not supportnig.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

steelfist alderon
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-01-24 22:07:29 UTC
You expected some other argument for the reversal of the change of a name?

these names became iconic with their uses and ships with those of us who are older players... No real reason to change them in the first place
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-01-24 22:15:43 UTC
I agree. There wasn't much of a reason to change the names in the first place. However...the change is done. Might as well just move on with it instead of reverting them back and wasting even more time just to do that. In the future though...I would say CCP should evaluate whether such a minor change is REALLY needed.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#5 - 2012-01-25 06:34:41 UTC
steelfist alderon wrote:
But I WANT THEM BACK

Some people are never satisfied.

I honestly think PoCo based sov is a good idea https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1417544

Mark Hadden
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-01-25 09:29:29 UTC
I want too old names back!

If I wanted missiles for my ship I am currently flying, I only needed to type that specific name in the search,
now they all have the same name which is not only confusing, but even very cheap!!

Eve should not be optimized for idiots or noobs who cant remember the missile name he needs,
if you fly a ship you learn those munition names after few days of usage.

A lot of individuality is lost with the new terrible naming, I used to fly a bomber a lot in the past so Mjolnirs were torpedoes for the amarr bomber, I associate only them to this name and I'm very attached to that old name - now they all are mjolnirs, even if the name doesnt fit at all.
The same goes for fhe naming for other items like AB/MWD!!!

CCP, Give us old names back FFS! Dont dumb eve down for idiots!
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#7 - 2012-01-25 18:27:51 UTC
Not only missles but all of them that were changed in the 1.1 patch.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-01-25 20:01:21 UTC
Meh...after looking them over it frankly doesn't bother me either way. New missile names although simplified across all sizes works fine. Old system worked fine too.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-01-26 00:23:45 UTC
It's just a name, deal with it.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#10 - 2012-01-26 11:23:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Tidurious wrote:
It's just a name, deal with it.

if its just a name, they could give us the old ones...

and no, TRAUMA is not just a name its a pain in the brain!
Xerophthalmia
Absolute Order
Absolute Honor
#11 - 2012-01-26 12:15:04 UTC
steelfist alderon wrote:

No, Thor is the god of thunder, hence EM damage.
Borg Stoneson
SWARTA
#12 - 2012-01-26 13:41:36 UTC
I miss my Scourge Fury's, Free the Scourge!
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-01-26 13:59:26 UTC
Borg Stoneson wrote:
I miss my Scourge Fury's, Free the Scourge!

See? I had completely forgotten what they were called before the change until you said that. Now I can't even remember what they are called now...

That's how much the name of our missiles matter to me...lol

Triana
Aliastra
#14 - 2012-01-26 18:51:28 UTC
Improvise, Adapt, Dominate
Change is made, deal with it.
Paintchk
Facepunch Industries
#15 - 2012-01-27 13:30:57 UTC
No. -.-
Lady Starfire
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-01-28 18:02:35 UTC
NEW MISSILE NAMES EASIER TO REMEMBER WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE ONE ARM AND ONE HAND TO COUNT ON IT HELPS TO HAVE FOUR NAMES TO REMEMBER FOR DAMAGE TYPES! STOP BEING A WHINY TWO ARM! DOWN WITH THE TWO ARM MENACE!
Ahsekuaw
House of Flying Daggers
#17 - 2012-01-29 06:53:27 UTC
This is the kind of crap that is driving players out. Ordinance has different names for a reason. It differentiates between class and damage. Assigning similar names is just moronic. Change the names back. Evil

Ahs
Lady Starfire
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-01-29 08:10:25 UTC
Ahsekuaw wrote:
This is the kind of crap that is driving players out. Ordinance has different names for a reason. It differentiates between class and damage. Assigning similar names is just moronic. Change the names back. Evil

Ahs

DERP DE DERP THE NEW NAMES ALL SHARE A NAME FOR A DAMAGE TYPE FOR ALL CLASSES IT MAKES IT EASY AND GREAT. OLD NAMES WERE TARDHARDED AND WHILE THE NEW NAMES COULD USE SOME WORK USING A NAME FOR THE TYPE OF DAMAGE ROCKS. NOW IF YOU HAVE TECH TWO MISSILES YOU KNOW RAGE IS SHORT RANGE JAVELIN IS LONG RANGE AND TRAUMA IS KINETIC DAMAGE.
Ahsekuaw
House of Flying Daggers
#19 - 2012-01-29 17:39:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ahsekuaw
Lady Starfire wrote:
Ahsekuaw wrote:

Ahs

DERP DE DERP THE NEW NAMES ALL SHARE A NAME FOR A DAMAGE TYPE FOR ALL CLASSES IT MAKES IT EASY AND GREAT. OLD NAMES WERE TARDHARDED AND WHILE THE NEW NAMES COULD USE SOME WORK USING A NAME FOR THE TYPE OF DAMAGE ROCKS. NOW IF YOU HAVE TECH TWO MISSILES YOU KNOW RAGE IS SHORT RANGE JAVELIN IS LONG RANGE AND TRAUMA IS KINETIC DAMAGE.

Awww... You have to have your caps lock on to get your point across. Are you clenching your fists and stomping your feet too?

There are gameplay functions within the game that need to be addressed. Renaming the missiles was really low on the priority list and not necessary. I've been playing for 8 years and never had a problem with it.

Now go to your room young man. You're on time out....

Ahs
Anane
House of Flying Daggers
#20 - 2012-01-29 18:33:39 UTC
Also what is nice about the old names for example is if someone says Scourge, you know exactly the size of missile they are talking about. It makes it much easier to differentiate the different classes of missiles from one another.
12Next page