These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Computer - forever to download client

Author
K'uata Sayus
Ghengis Tia Corp
#1 - 2017-07-22 22:27:41 UTC  |  Edited by: K'uata Sayus
Downloaded client, initiated launcher, now have 56k files to download. Agonizingly slow, have DSL connection. Can play game fine on old rig, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Any way to transfer Eve files from one computer to the other via network? Or by flash drive?

Update:

Obviously it is days later now, the uploading is done, and I am free to lose ships making boneheaded mistakes in lowsec.

It would be nice to be able to switch the completed Eve client en masse from one computer to another, but I personally do not have the skills to figure this out.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2017-07-22 22:38:31 UTC
Might help to make sure you have no other programs running, including browsing the internet.

Other than that just grin and bear it.

DMC
Baboo Yagu
#3 - 2017-07-22 23:23:44 UTC
K'uata Sayus wrote:
Any way to transfer Eve files from one computer to the other via network? Or by flash drive?

I'm stuck on ADSL with no access to fibre and am going to be building a new system soon, so I would be interested in knowing this myself.

Pretty sure I read something somewhere that copying the C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE folder across to the new system will preserve all your UI settings and window placements, but beyond that...

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#4 - 2017-07-23 00:36:24 UTC
If it's only the initial download, set it to download, go to sleep and check tomorrow
Memphis Baas
#5 - 2017-07-23 01:47:45 UTC
You can also copy the game folders and files over from your other computer, then try to restart the download. Maybe it'll detect what's already there, and download less.