These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP has given up on EVE online, Stop giving them your money

Author
Aurelius Oshidashi
Crystalline.
Fraternity.
#41 - 2017-07-10 17:36:54 UTC
Well....each his own experience. In my corp i play with 10 year old vets and players from a week old. We are absolutely having a blast with the game and havent seen even one member leave us or the game in 6 months time, just some breaks for RL.

So if its all so bad like many say, why does our group, consisting not just of new and old players, but also folks from 25 different nationalities, have so much fun?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#42 - 2017-07-10 19:12:39 UTC
Aurelius Oshidashi wrote:
Well....each his own experience. In my corp i play with 10 year old vets and players from a week old. We are absolutely having a blast with the game and havent seen even one member leave us or the game in 6 months time, just some breaks for RL.

So if its all so bad like many say, why does our group, consisting not just of new and old players, but also folks from 25 different nationalities, have so much fun?


Because you, my good man (or woman), have in fact found the answer many seek...a good group to hang out with. Who you fly with or even flying with anybody at all can do wonders for those "Eve is dying" moments we all honestly have irrespective of how well the game is doing.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#43 - 2017-07-10 20:17:12 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.

I would have given you a like - except for your conclusion.

I'm still enjoying Eve so I'm going to continue to give CCP my money with the HOPE they will get on the right track.

And I encourage others to do the same. The problem is many players have done everything they want to do in Eve, they were particularly irked by some CCP action, or they no longer believe in Eve's future - and have moved on to winning Eve.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#44 - 2017-07-10 20:25:06 UTC
Ebony Texas wrote:
what ever CCP does and does not do.. is at fault of its own community that allowed them to work this way.. so in all honesty... its your fault, my fault and new Eden's own fault.

What?? Do you blame us for world hunger and nuclear weapons too?

We don't control Eve development, hiring, allocation of resources, player outreach -- it's not our fault. (Null Power Block Leaders that sit on the CSM exempted)






Aurelius Oshidashi
Crystalline.
Fraternity.
#45 - 2017-07-10 21:21:04 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Aurelius Oshidashi wrote:
Well....each his own experience. In my corp i play with 10 year old vets and players from a week old. We are absolutely having a blast with the game and havent seen even one member leave us or the game in 6 months time, just some breaks for RL.

So if its all so bad like many say, why does our group, consisting not just of new and old players, but also folks from 25 different nationalities, have so much fun?


Because you, my good man (or woman), have in fact found the answer many seek...a good group to hang out with. Who you fly with or even flying with anybody at all can do wonders for those "Eve is dying" moments we all honestly have irrespective of how well the game is doing.


Yeah its a great group and thanks for your kind words. These fun ppl to hang out with also invade our systems, or trade with us. They hang out in the eve Facebook group. I see many of them here on the forums too, like you, ppl with few and ppl with many posts.

And then you have the stream of frustrated folks. I have no problem with ppl complaining and going into deep detail about it. Thats playing the game too IMO. But the whines and the people who speak on behalf of ccp....like they sit in every ccp leadership meeting....
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2017-07-10 21:28:08 UTC
Pestilen Ratte wrote:
Keno Skir wrote:


Didn't CCP actually post record profits last year?


I'm not sure. I can't find any good data, anywhere. I saw that the majority owners want to sell, and that usually means revenues and profits are down. Not always, but nearly always.


And where did you see this?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Femma Rova
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2017-07-11 14:55:41 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Pestilen Ratte wrote:
It isn't really fair to say that CCP have given up on Eve.

No, that wrong. It is totally fair. What has happened is that the majority owners want to cash out their shares, resulting in the firm being on the market. This has had the effect of creating huge job insecurity at the firm. All anyone wants to talk about is what will happen "when" some new firm comes in for a clean acquisition.

I give CCP six to twelve months to find a buyer, or they are done. After that, I fear it it will be time to switch out the lights, set fire to the tax receipts, and shoot the warehouse cat.


Didn't CCP actually post record profits last year?


That's not necessarily good news. Why? Because the vast majority of the players (clients) don't know who really owns EVE. It's like the American FED, in a way. You know it's there, it prints "money", reports profits every year but.... wait... who owns it? And look what a mess has made from the US economy or the buying power or the USD.

If it's not a problem, why does the owner keep such a low profile? Wha't the big secret? Or is it a hidden agenda?
Given there's a serious % of military (modules, ships, guns and so on) activity in this game, it is decent to assume the army has a certain interest in it?
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2017-07-11 16:49:47 UTC
Femma Rova wrote:
Keno Skir wrote:
Pestilen Ratte wrote:
It isn't really fair to say that CCP have given up on Eve.

No, that wrong. It is totally fair. What has happened is that the majority owners want to cash out their shares, resulting in the firm being on the market. This has had the effect of creating huge job insecurity at the firm. All anyone wants to talk about is what will happen "when" some new firm comes in for a clean acquisition.

I give CCP six to twelve months to find a buyer, or they are done. After that, I fear it it will be time to switch out the lights, set fire to the tax receipts, and shoot the warehouse cat.


Didn't CCP actually post record profits last year?


That's not necessarily good news. Why? Because the vast majority of the players (clients) don't know who really owns EVE. It's like the American FED, in a way. You know it's there, it prints "money", reports profits every year but.... wait... who owns it? And look what a mess has made from the US economy or the buying power or the USD.

If it's not a problem, why does the owner keep such a low profile? Wha't the big secret? Or is it a hidden agenda?
Given there's a serious % of military (modules, ships, guns and so on) activity in this game, it is decent to assume the army has a certain interest in it?


You are seriously comparing the Federal Reserve to a smallish-to mid sized private company and trying to draw parallels? BTW, that objection "who owns it" can be made for most companies traded on stock markets. In fact, since alot of investors own stocks (and bonds and other assets) via things like their 401k, mutual funds, etc. shareholders provide virtually no oversight to management.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Soleiyu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2017-07-14 17:32:11 UTC
EvE has fallen back beneath pre-alpha numbers, what that means I'm not sure - summer is here, and that in 2017 EvE is simply well outdated, I guess - and many people I played with over the years are, like myself, alpha slumming it or just gone/dead. We've already done basically everything in the game that could interest us, myself having conspicuously avoided ever flying caps or being otherwise involved in capital fights, cos even when the caps are free, **** that s.......h........i.....*accidentally deactivates module*.

It's perfectly clear that EvE will not grow again in anything like it's current, 14 years old, form (and despite patches etc, the game is very similar to it's inception way back in 2003...that's like centuries in tech terms....single core cpus, gpus with tiny heat sinks that cost in real terms even more than they do now...and EvE). Myspace came and went, along with basically all the other MMOs.

Good few years left in it though, it'll make 20 years I reckon until most of the hardcore players die from sitting at multi-monitor setups 23/7 for 2 decades.

I'm not an anti-EvE troll, as you can tell from the fact I still capitalise the e's in EvE, thus showing my respect and good nature towards the game, but CCP are obviously eyeballing other places they can take the EvE IP, just not the clunking, nightmarish TQ.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2017-07-14 18:28:54 UTC
Soleiyu wrote:
EvE has fallen back beneath pre-alpha numbers, what that means I'm not sure - summer is here, and that in 2017 EvE is simply well outdated, I guess - and many people I played with over the years are, like myself, alpha slumming it or just gone/dead. We've already done basically everything in the game that could interest us, myself having conspicuously avoided ever flying caps or being otherwise involved in capital fights, cos even when the caps are free, **** that s.......h........i.....*accidentally deactivates module*.

It's perfectly clear that EvE will not grow again in anything like it's current, 14 years old, form (and despite patches etc, the game is very similar to it's inception way back in 2003...that's like centuries in tech terms....single core cpus, gpus with tiny heat sinks that cost in real terms even more than they do now...and EvE). Myspace came and went, along with basically all the other MMOs.

Good few years left in it though, it'll make 20 years I reckon until most of the hardcore players die from sitting at multi-monitor setups 23/7 for 2 decades.

I'm not an anti-EvE troll, as you can tell from the fact I still capitalise the e's in EvE, thus showing my respect and good nature towards the game, but CCP are obviously eyeballing other places they can take the EvE IP, just not the clunking, nightmarish TQ.


My guess is the die hards actually do not sit at their PCs 23/7. I can only speak for myself, but I prefer to find in game revenue sources that meet my needs with the least time involved. Making ISK in game is generally boring...but I do it to fund my PvP activities.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

LulKlz Duster
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2017-07-14 18:49:16 UTC
I've been in Eve for little over a year. Been to HS, Null, WH and everything in between and I still feel like a noob. There is no way in hell everyone has done everything. A few vets I'm sure have but the majority are just reluctant to try something new.

In WH space I rolled holes and did PI.

HS I was mining and doing missions.

Null I'm finally doing the PVP thing. (Not going well but it's going)

Hell I've even done courier contracts.

Try something different. It's only a game after all.
Raffael Ramirez
Alcohol Fuelled
#52 - 2017-07-14 22:25:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Raffael Ramirez
LulKlz Duster wrote:
I've been in Eve for little over a year. Been to HS, Null, WH and everything in between and I still feel like a noob. There is no way in hell everyone has done everything. A few vets I'm sure have but the majority are just reluctant to try something new.

In WH space I rolled holes and did PI.

HS I was mining and doing missions.

Null I'm finally doing the PVP thing. (Not going well but it's going)

Hell I've even done courier contracts.

Try something different. It's only a game after all.




Thank you! You just solved all problems with eve - ever!

You are still in the honeymoon phase - long may it last!

Once your type of game play has been completely obliterated because the ship you fly has been deemed OP or the activity you are doing with your mates has been "updated" so no one actually wants to do that activity any more, or the other thing you do finally got boring and you want to take it to the next level - ah wait that level has not been introduced in decades because of the nerf that was mentioned before took precedence.

The current game you are playing is playable some areas are even fun, sure - but once you are done with all your skill injectors to "catch up" and done all your carebearing to build up cash you will realize that the current system leads to a stalemate in the most important areas of the game and that the final tier of activity, that you put all this effort in to be ready, is broken.

There is a history in this game of dangling cool new stuff in front of your nose to keep you playing, then removing those features in the new expansion. The stuff is either never ever talked of again or when its hits TQ is unrecognizable from the first iteration and leads to more problems then it solves.
It's a sequence of great ideas badly executed and feedback completely ignored, this is what gets you in the end - loosing your ships once in a while is actually fun compared to the bitter disappointments of broken promises.



edit -typo
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2017-07-14 23:18:41 UTC
Raffael Ramirez wrote:
LulKlz Duster wrote:
I've been in Eve for little over a year. Been to HS, Null, WH and everything in between and I still feel like a noob. There is no way in hell everyone has done everything. A few vets I'm sure have but the majority are just reluctant to try something new.

In WH space I rolled holes and did PI.

HS I was mining and doing missions.

Null I'm finally doing the PVP thing. (Not going well but it's going)

Hell I've even done courier contracts.

Try something different. It's only a game after all.




Thank you! You just solved all problems with eve - ever!

You are still in the honeymoon phase - long may it last!

Once your type of game play has been completely obliterated because the ship you fly has been deemed OP or the activity you are doing with your mates has been "updated" so no one actually wants to do that activity any more, or the other thing you do finally got boring and you want to take it to the next level - ah wait that level has not been introduced in decades because of the nerf that was mentioned before took precedence.


Translation: I'm butthurt and don't care about game balance and mechanics.

Which nerf did you in? The Rorqual nerf or the fighter nerf?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Mitch Braddox
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2017-07-15 01:03:44 UTC
I'm sure all of you know this already, but every single MMO is in decline these days. Unless they have just started, in which case most of the newcomers in the market will be dead within 5 years.

The markets for these kinds of games are just too saturated, and a lot of people prefer phone games these days.

So let's face it, the golden years are over for everyone. But EVE is still among the giants, easily in the top 5 of all MMO's, and will remain there for the foreseeable future. EVE will survive, but there's no going back to the top subscription figures of a few years ago. Every game, including WoW, must be prepared to it.
Raffael Ramirez
Alcohol Fuelled
#55 - 2017-07-15 03:07:51 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Raffael Ramirez wrote:
LulKlz Duster wrote:
I've been in Eve for little over a year. Been to HS, Null, WH and everything in between and I still feel like a noob. There is no way in hell everyone has done everything. A few vets I'm sure have but the majority are just reluctant to try something new.

In WH space I rolled holes and did PI.

HS I was mining and doing missions.

Null I'm finally doing the PVP thing. (Not going well but it's going)

Hell I've even done courier contracts.

Try something different. It's only a game after all.




Thank you! You just solved all problems with eve - ever!

You are still in the honeymoon phase - long may it last!

Once your type of game play has been completely obliterated because the ship you fly has been deemed OP or the activity you are doing with your mates has been "updated" so no one actually wants to do that activity any more, or the other thing you do finally got boring and you want to take it to the next level - ah wait that level has not been introduced in decades because of the nerf that was mentioned before took precedence.


Translation: I'm butthurt and don't care about game balance and mechanics.

Which nerf did you in? The Rorqual nerf or the fighter nerf?



Ah goons Roll

Nope, couldn't even fly cap ships until 3 days ago but nice try. Why argue when you can insult someone and brush off their point of view- glad that at least goons never change.

My feeling is not tied to any specific re balances or nerfs but an observation from the past few years I played this game.



Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2017-07-15 06:22:55 UTC
Raffael Ramirez wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Raffael Ramirez wrote:
LulKlz Duster wrote:
I've been in Eve for little over a year. Been to HS, Null, WH and everything in between and I still feel like a noob. There is no way in hell everyone has done everything. A few vets I'm sure have but the majority are just reluctant to try something new.

In WH space I rolled holes and did PI.

HS I was mining and doing missions.

Null I'm finally doing the PVP thing. (Not going well but it's going)

Hell I've even done courier contracts.

Try something different. It's only a game after all.




Thank you! You just solved all problems with eve - ever!

You are still in the honeymoon phase - long may it last!

Once your type of game play has been completely obliterated because the ship you fly has been deemed OP or the activity you are doing with your mates has been "updated" so no one actually wants to do that activity any more, or the other thing you do finally got boring and you want to take it to the next level - ah wait that level has not been introduced in decades because of the nerf that was mentioned before took precedence.


Translation: I'm butthurt and don't care about game balance and mechanics.

Which nerf did you in? The Rorqual nerf or the fighter nerf?



Ah goons Roll

Nope, couldn't even fly cap ships until 3 days ago but nice try. Why argue when you can insult someone and brush off their point of view- glad that at least goons never change.

My feeling is not tied to any specific re balances or nerfs but an observation from the past few years I played this game.





So you are just generally butthurt....okay. Good to know so everyone can just write you off as a whiner.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Kim Joo Won
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2017-07-15 22:19:47 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.

(I'm only half way through reading this thread, however ... )
I wanted to point out that HILMAR said this at FANFEST.
He said they have NOTHING planned for EVE Online and their attention is focused on the 99 VR projects they have which are expected to result in loses! Hilmar said, while showing a graph, that when VR was first released sales rocketed off thanks to 'early adopters', but since its release sales of VR has slumped DRAMATICALLY. And, when he consulted his Fortune Teller she told him that if he sacrificed a pig and drew his bank account number on the ground in the pigs blood then VR sales would take off again.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2017-07-15 22:23:08 UTC
Kim Joo Won wrote:
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.

(I'm only half way through reading this thread, however ... )
I wanted to point out that HILMAR said this at FANFEST.
He said they have NOTHING planned for EVE Online and their attention is focused on the 99 VR projects they have which are expected to result in loses! Hilmar said, while showing a graph, that when VR was first released sales rocketed off thanks to 'early adopters', but since its release sales of VR has slumped DRAMATICALLY. And, when he consulted his Fortune Teller she told him that if he sacrificed a pig and drew his bank account number on the ground in the pigs blood then VR sales would take off again.


Better than using a chicken with its head cutoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

DioKahn
RedStar Inc
#59 - 2017-07-16 01:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: DioKahn
CCP has ruined the game and this forum is a joke. I can barely stand logging in long enough to update skills before I am bored. Eve has become just a place for multiboxers and that's CCP's only hope to show fake numbers for their business. I have over 40 accounts. I hate nullsec blobs and capitals, I hate empty markets and I hate PVE. I hate the changes CCP has been making to remove solo Pvp and I cannot stand the carebears that dominate these forums or how CCP allows it to happen.... bored for now, see ya tomorrow or maybe not. oh, btw. I don't give them a dime of irl money or more than 15 minutes of my day.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#60 - 2017-07-16 01:13:39 UTC
Can I have your stuff?