These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

what is wrong with project discovery?

Author
Mike Denard
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#21 - 2017-07-14 04:29:55 UTC
Another vote for inaccurate results. It kind of discourages you from trying when it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to the system itself.
Yenittie EXE
AOJI Colliery
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#22 - 2017-07-14 05:44:49 UTC
https://puu.sh/wJawU/ce139b87a4.png

lol another one.

FYI, I only upload the ones that extremely out of my understanding.

There are other totally bullshits also giving me hard time.
Mike Denard
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#23 - 2017-07-14 06:04:49 UTC
another one for the wtf pile
http://imgur.com/a/T0XbJ
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#24 - 2017-07-14 09:41:38 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
There's lots of consenus ones that just have transits marked everywhere already. There's nothing there everyone is just marking stuff cause the first day threw everyone off with the hundreds of falsely marked graphs that were all no transit.
Had one of those pulsating binaries (or whatever that was, looked like 2 sine waves) and 40% of people incorrectly marked each cycle as a passing planet.
On the other hand some that look like random sh** at first after playing with it for couple minutes you can "sort of" see something. Those are the cases PD guys are interested in the most I guess, even if only 12% marked transits, if those 12% are the people with 90% accuracy, it's worth investigating.

I dig this event. It has some flaws but so far 9/10
HunterK en Daire
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2017-07-16 07:02:37 UTC  |  Edited by: HunterK en Daire
i am finding random fails like everyone else due to some computer making up some stats on gibberish. it really feels you are doing nothing but competing against a computer which is not the point of the exercise.

what really annoys me is the obvious non failures because of :

1. computer missed actual dip and found 4 or more imaginary ones.

2. second obvious planet - if you make it it will automatically fail as computer only looking for one planet.

3. random dispersion of computer marked dips when expanded do not actually exist.

4. Computer only marks slope of dip and fails you because you are marking the dip correctly.

5. match on 5 or 7 and fail on 6th or 8th position because computer does not mark complete dip length.

6. The flat line makes the computer pick a random set - so expect a fail on these.

7. Worst of all is computer missing obvious planet dip and classifying a 3 as 2 and FAILING YOU!!!!!

this glitch really takes the fun out of it and the "NEXT" screen needs removed to speed the process. We are clicking too many times to waste time on this.

some hints for those that get this far:

1. Watch for obvious planets and mark them.

2. Ignore computer classification but learn from the obvious ones or get depressed.

3. Most are random hiss but it gives pleasure to find a 4-6 small dip which occurs occasionally.

4. Sine waves are sun rotations - not planets.

5. Planets should dip similar amount of light for every passage - random hiss.

6. Ignore 2 planet passing's as computer analysis is not that good.

7. Dips go down so ignore up's.

8. Expect to lose on the flat line ones as the computer attempts to mark something here even though its mostly false.

have fun and hopefully the next phase will be better and more item drops and less skins (a few faction would be nice).

finally hope this does some good as i support the idea CCP.

PS on 40+ now and really want to shoot something!!

PPS give us some sec status hits! - are we not helping the greater good (Concord)

PPS line up the CCP alogarithm writers for the computer analysis and in good show we want fair dueling in velators off Dodixe!!
Previous page12