These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

After years... OPEN the door

Author
Niagara Femme
Lisnave
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2017-07-06 10:36:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Niagara Femme
Big smile

All know, about stations and the damm door. Suggestions:

- more functionality for stations, interiors; Social environment, perhaps where we can see other characters (it does not make sense to have clothes, fashion if it does not serve to show others). And, following this, the imagination is free.

Arrow CCP, open the door.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2017-07-06 11:32:19 UTC
Might want to post that here:

https://meta.eveonline.com/t/time-to-carry-forward-some-of-the-topics-that-never-die-walking-in-stations/6160/24

This forum only has 2 weeks left until its locked and archived.
Syeed Ameer Ali
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-07-06 11:32:21 UTC
Ganellon Devians
Secret Legacy .23
#4 - 2017-07-06 19:31:16 UTC
EvE was always iike this and its good the way it is. There are many other games with social "style" stations, EvE doesnt need that.
Cherry Sulphate
ojingo
#5 - 2017-07-06 20:01:51 UTC
barrens chat.
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2017-07-07 01:35:43 UTC
CCP should make an update that puts a sign on the WiS door saying "This door is permanently closed deal with it!".

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Niagara Femme
Lisnave
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2017-07-07 09:42:30 UTC
Syeed Ameer Ali wrote:
No.

Ya, i need see u, man, u seems so sexy! :)
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#8 - 2017-07-07 15:51:29 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Might want to post that here:

https://meta.eveonline.com/t/time-to-carry-forward-some-of-the-topics-that-never-die-walking-in-stations/6160/24

This forum only has 2 weeks left until its locked and archived.

that's depressing, I wont be able to do forum pvp anymore due to the amount of bandwidth the new ones take up on my cell connection, another nerf to non-1st world internet

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-07-08 00:11:52 UTC
CCP could easily write in code so the door opens into an elevator that has a few buttons in it.

However only one button should be available which would take players down to the basement level where they could travel through an endless maze of hallways and doors.

Until they turn around and find they're right back at the elevator again.

Blink

DMC
Jotunspor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2017-07-08 01:05:35 UTC
lol...

Yeah, how many years has it been? 7? Or 8? Since a character creation system was added. With one interior. And it doesn't make any sense you say? Well, of course it doesn't. And it also encapsulates - in one single thing - what this "game" is; and how the "developers" treat it.

Yeah, why DO we have a character creation system, and one room to WASD all over in? lmfao... if it already isn't painfully obvious enough. Just like how we have fully rendered Drifter NPC bodies that we can view.

Because...? You know... Actually, wait... no. No one knows.

Then in come the mentally ill fanboys. "Go play WoW" (Whatever that means).

Yeah, guys! Go play WoW! 3D in-game assets such as fully rendered "NPC" bodies should be there for your viewing pleasure! And nothing more. You wanna meet them in person, perhaps dock in a station and talk to them - character to character? You have some strange ambitions for this game, my friend...

More cup and ball! EVE 4 LIFE.

https://www.thechildmindingshop.co.uk/sites/default/files/wooden-cup-and-ball-game-9243-p.jpg
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2017-07-08 02:22:05 UTC
CCP will never release the WiS. The lack the balls for that. Perhaps the need to sell eve online and a company with balls made it possible and not render and re render and remove stuff and make it pay to win oh sorry pay to skill game.
The Devils Cousin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2017-07-08 11:05:22 UTC
Niagara Femme wrote:
Big smile

- more functionality for stations, interiors; Social environment, perhaps where we can see other characters (it does not make sense to have clothes, fashion if it does not serve to show others). And, following this, the imagination is free.

If u want to walk around in space

No Mans Shitbox is that way --->

CCP Please Don't Do This..

The Respawn Expansion

Aston Martin DB5
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-07-08 19:57:41 UTC
I am Donald Trump and I approve this message.

+1
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#14 - 2017-07-08 20:24:14 UTC
Door will be open when Dust arise from ashes in glorious EVE for(n)ever vision.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#15 - 2017-07-08 22:46:49 UTC
Aston Martin DB5 wrote:
I am Donald Trump and I approve this message.

+1

But you're Obama with a face tattoo. Not my (current) president.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Niagara Femme
Lisnave
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2017-07-10 06:26:19 UTC
The Devils Cousin wrote:
Niagara Femme wrote:
Big smile

If u want to walk around in space

No Mans Shitbox is that way --->

I like EVE online, its ambiance, sounds, music, the idea involved about strategy, wars, politics, etc. I like EVE and EVE can be better, have a lot more 'life'. There are already the stations (internal, at least the basis thereof). I think 'broadening' this is not very difficult.
Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#17 - 2017-07-10 07:46:22 UTC
How about we let the door open into empty space -- you get sucked out, a frozen corpse is dropped outside the station and you wake up in a new clone.
Niagara Femme
Lisnave
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2017-07-12 13:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Niagara Femme
Your fear?

That the CCP ceases to 'invoice' on the condition that we become slaves?

Your fear?

That, with the player-to-player interaction, we can have another notion of 'the other' and, immersed in the game, can we make new bonds of friendship, alliances?

Your fear?

That we use our time not to destroy ships (give money to the CCP) but to do other things, such as decorating a room, a 'backyard', etc.?

Your fear?

May we expand our minds on politics and economics, relationships?

It makes absolutely no sense to have an 'avatar' if the idea is to limit the game (and it was not so in the past) to a 'point and destroy'. Eve may be more than that.

Today, we are slaves in a world (a litle roon) that has been sold as 'total freedom'. His freedom comes down to making ISK to power one of the top 5 MMOs in the gaming industry. CCP can give more to its players ...

I do not like living as a slave.

We have no freedom, just to get on a ship and shoot everything we see ...
Niagara Femme
Lisnave
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2017-07-12 14:25:03 UTC
I'll tell something

When I'm 'afk', for example, having lunch, dinner, studying, working, I go to the interior of a station. I always liked Eve's 'visual' online. It reminds me a lot about the 'movie from Ridley Scott's - Blade Runner (1980). Even today, after years and years, I look for something similar - something that makes me feel good and the EVE makes me feel good.

Remember when you had the choice to choose the song to listen to? Why did CCP take this away from us? It was another choice and, let's face it, the soundtrack of the game is fantastic.

Sometimes it seems that everything that gives life or can give life to the game, in what concerns 'human relations', is censored, castrated, day after day and that our function is, exclusively and exclusively, to kill some Others to feed the market.

Players deserve more than that. I deserve more. I like strategy, politics. Eve is not a 'shot' MMO. It is more than that. We meet real people, make friendships and that is what, in the end, will be left for us. So, why not 'meet' characters?

:)
sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#20 - 2017-07-12 14:37:59 UTC
you are gonna love CCPs answer to this:
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/preparing-for-the-future-retirement-of-captains-quarters-twitch-integration/

removing the door, what an elegant solution to these whine threads

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

12Next page