These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NPC Hi Sec Blue Community

Author
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#561 - 2017-07-08 00:49:52 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Aaron wrote:


Being NPC will give us some breathing space where we can learn new tactics or learn how to play. The benefits of being NPC are still good, if people take a step back and spend a few months NPC they can look at joining a hisec corp at a later date.


Complete and utter tripe.

The issue is that NPC Bears seem to think they understand the game, and have not a clue how it really works. And they pretend to be barracks lawyers and spew their tripe and the new players are now screwed.

Because some jackass that could not find his/her/it's own ass with both hands is telling the new player base how it works.

They are the reason why your NPC pubbies don't make it long for this game.
Roll

Dude, don't know where you get your info from but you couldn't be more wrong even if you tried.



DMC
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#562 - 2017-07-08 02:22:17 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Seriously ?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

What?

Obviously none of you posses the intellect to envision future prospects. Now if you had actually supported Aaron's proposal and helped get it started, it would have provided lot's of game content in the form of PvP.

The problem here is that you're all so blinded by hate and spite that you quickly attack and destroy a very good proposal that would have benefited everyone by creating more game content, something which you've all been whining about for years..

X

Man I seriously hope you all don't continue this juvenile behavior in the new forums.


DMC


can't support something that hasn't started yet, talk is just talk and that's all i've seen from Aaron on this.




Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#563 - 2017-07-08 03:40:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Seriously ?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

What?

Obviously none of you posses the intellect to envision future prospects. Now if you had actually supported Aaron's proposal and helped get it started, it would have provided lot's of game content in the form of PvP.

The problem here is that you're all so blinded by hate and spite that you quickly attack and destroy a very good proposal that would have benefited everyone by creating more game content, something which you've all been whining about for years..

X

Man I seriously hope you all don't continue this juvenile behavior in the new forums.


DMC


Hey DMC,

Thanks for your endorsement. I am hopeful that people are able to see through Dracvlad and the other trolls hate and spite and give it a go. I was wrong for responding to them, and I am sorry for falling into the trolls trap.

It's such a shame that when one is as passionate for something like I am for this venture we are open to being trolled.

DMC youre a great dude and I am glad that you're in the game spreading your wisdom and experience. Your posts inspire good vibes and encourage me to have great adventures within Eve.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#564 - 2017-07-08 04:14:25 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

.... All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

...


I oppose anything that makes the shallow rookie pond of hisec a place to stay and play for years on end.
The guy i met in Tolle, ice mining happily, that had never even heard of Spodumain and needed it linked, after 5 years in the game... that guy makes me queasy because he's missing out.
Sure play casual, do what you want, but there's no call for a large organised group to facilitate life in hisec.
Large organised groups are good for guiding people into difficult territory, they exist.
Loose affiliations of hisec groups allow for some intel and socialisation, they have existed for years.
PH, KF and BNI face more than flames n lols on the forums and seem to be thriving, if a hisec venture can't happen it's main obstacles seem to be amateur-planner megalomania and humourless ego.



Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#565 - 2017-07-08 06:32:53 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

.... All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

...


I oppose anything that makes the shallow rookie pond of hisec a place to stay and play for years on end.
The guy i met in Tolle, ice mining happily, that had never even heard of Spodumain and needed it linked, after 5 years in the game... that guy makes me queasy because he's missing out.
Sure play casual, do what you want, but there's no call for a large organised group to facilitate life in hisec.
Large organised groups are good for guiding people into difficult territory, they exist.
Loose affiliations of hisec groups allow for some intel and socialisation, they have existed for years.
PH, KF and BNI face more than flames n lols on the forums and seem to be thriving, if a hisec venture can't happen it's main obstacles seem to be amateur-planner megalomania and humourless ego.





Anything the rookie does is opposed, theres nothing wrong with wanting to stay in hi sec.

I get your point about the guy in Tolle, and infact based on your post there is a need for organised groups. People like the guy in Tolle could come on our comms for conversation only and learn about whats out there before committing to anything. Just by talking to people in a calm and non-imposing way can encourage them to do more with the game.

Try not to look at my ventures as an organisation, this one is more of a platform for high sec. It will hopefully provide content and enable people to connect and pass on knowledge about the game, people can come and find friends or talk about ideas on how to fight back with wardecs for example, would be great if vocal debates on comms were part of this. I will strongly encourage people to advertise their pvp roams into low-sec and missions.

If anything I am here to inject enthusiasm into hi-sec and Eve, don't mistake me for a leader like many have done in the past.




Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#566 - 2017-07-08 07:04:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Seriously ?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

What?

Obviously none of you posses the intellect to envision future prospects. Now if you had actually supported Aaron's proposal and helped get it started, it would have provided lot's of game content in the form of PvP.

The problem here is that you're all so blinded by hate and spite that you quickly attack and destroy a very good proposal that would have benefited everyone by creating more game content, something which you've all been whining about for years..

X

Man I seriously hope you all don't continue this juvenile behavior in the new forums.

DMC


Aaron is just doing this for attention, he is not serious at all, neither does he have the drive or willpower to pull this off, and it is also to have digs at me as he knows that I was looking into doing something in hisec at one point, but decided not to as I thought hisec was too apathetic and my TZ was not quite right for it.

Something like this would be good with a different direction, in other words to create a coalition to go up against certain war deckers, but Aaron is not the person to do it.

PS Has Aaron worked out that these forums are effectively dead...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#567 - 2017-07-08 16:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Coralas
Chopper Rollins wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

.... All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

...


I oppose anything that makes the shallow rookie pond of hisec a place to stay and play for years on end.
The guy i met in Tolle, ice mining happily, that had never even heard of Spodumain and needed it linked, after 5 years in the game... that guy makes me queasy because he's missing out.
Sure play casual, do what you want, but there's no call for a large organised group to facilitate life in hisec.
Large organised groups are good for guiding people into difficult territory, they exist.
Loose affiliations of hisec groups allow for some intel and socialisation, they have existed for years.
PH, KF and BNI face more than flames n lols on the forums and seem to be thriving, if a hisec venture can't happen it's main obstacles seem to be amateur-planner megalomania and humourless ego.





The whole game is a shallow rookie pond. Null doesn't do much other than add cyno-you-lose to the possibilities you have to manage.

Yeah, aaron isn't a vehicle for it, because the fundamental element of his plan - a blue list with npc players on it is broken, and then there is all the time he has to pointlessly argue with drac, burying his own thread in irrelevance and all the time he doesn't have to get anywhere with any concept.

The only justification an organisation in this game needs to exist is whether its members have fun or not. Im sure there are plenty of people that would buy into a corp that wanted to be able to be resilient and functional in highsec when decced. If nothing else, people like to feel that their game isn't controlled by their enemy.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#568 - 2017-07-08 20:13:17 UTC
Coralas wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

.... All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

...


I oppose anything that makes the shallow rookie pond of hisec a place to stay and play for years on end.
The guy i met in Tolle, ice mining happily, that had never even heard of Spodumain and needed it linked, after 5 years in the game... that guy makes me queasy because he's missing out.
Sure play casual, do what you want, but there's no call for a large organised group to facilitate life in hisec.
Large organised groups are good for guiding people into difficult territory, they exist.
Loose affiliations of hisec groups allow for some intel and socialisation, they have existed for years.
PH, KF and BNI face more than flames n lols on the forums and seem to be thriving, if a hisec venture can't happen it's main obstacles seem to be amateur-planner megalomania and humourless ego.







Yeah, aaron isn't a vehicle for it, because the fundamental element of his plan - a blue list with npc players on it is broken, and then there is all the time he has to pointlessly argue with drac, burying his own thread in irrelevance and all the time he doesn't have to get anywhere with any concept.



I already said were going to do this without the blue list.

All I'd say is speak for yourself, If you don't want to join thats absolutely fine.

I would only ask that you don't try to convince others with your posts, youre free to post your opinion which I can't stop. It would be great if you trolls and negative people could give me a break though.

And I will say again, please don't mistake me for some sort of leader. I am not trying to lead anyone or anything here. Try to view me as a facilitator, a caretaker, an advisor or organiser if you like. I'm not trying to build a massive corp or alliance, I'm not trying to get anyone into Stain, I am simply trying to create a platform for Hi-sec where people can get advice, find friends, or just lay low within Eve for as long as they choose.

I'm only human, I'm just a guy...If youre aware of the history between Drac and I you'll know that I will respond to him if he comes on here trolling. I have responded politely to every other troll here and then ignored if they persisted, Give me a break and acknowledge that I am not perfect and I have never claimed to be.

Allow me to have my perspective, in previous ventures lots of people told me blatantly that they didn't respect the fact I had spent lots of time organising and trying as hard as I could to get more people there. Eve and the people in it can be harsh at times so please allow me the space to start this when I am ready.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Rastaman Stan
Eternal Frontier
#569 - 2017-07-08 21:05:33 UTC
Don't mess wid my bwoy Ehhran yuh see it !!

Anybody else mess wid Ehhran ah goin bun a fire pun yuh bumbaclart !!!
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#570 - 2017-07-09 02:14:57 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Seriously ?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. All this constant bickering, flaming and lol's is doing nothing but deterring players from joining this venture.

What?

Obviously none of you posses the intellect to envision future prospects. Now if you had actually supported Aaron's proposal and helped get it started, it would have provided lot's of game content in the form of PvP.

The problem here is that you're all so blinded by hate and spite that you quickly attack and destroy a very good proposal that would have benefited everyone by creating more game content, something which you've all been whining about for years..

X

Man I seriously hope you all don't continue this juvenile behavior in the new forums.


DMC


Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#571 - 2017-07-09 21:49:18 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Galaxy Pig wrote:

Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

As well as your snide sarcastic adolescent troll remarks.


DMC
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#572 - 2017-07-10 06:33:14 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:

Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

As well as your snide sarcastic adolescent troll remarks.


DMC

You can see who liked a post over there, so you will probably hate it since it will be obvious you like your own posts. lol
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#573 - 2017-07-10 06:46:26 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:

Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

As well as your snide sarcastic adolescent troll remarks.


DMC

You can see who liked a post over there, so you will probably hate it since it will be obvious you like your own posts. lol
Roll

Sorry to burst your bubble, well actually I'm not, but you're wrong again, as usual.

It's the same there as it is here, you can't give likes to your own posted replies.

Anyway, good luck trolling on the other side.



DMC
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#574 - 2017-07-10 07:03:54 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:

Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

As well as your snide sarcastic adolescent troll remarks.


DMC

You can see who liked a post over there, so you will probably hate it since it will be obvious you like your own posts. lol
Roll

Sorry to burst your bubble, well actually I'm not, but you're wrong again, as usual.

It's the same there as it is here, you can't give likes to your own posted replies.

Anyway, good luck trolling on the other side.



DMC

What a cheap attempt at deflection. You know very well I am talking about your alts.
Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#575 - 2017-07-10 08:22:35 UTC
Aaron wrote:


And I will say again, please don't mistake me for some sort of leader. I am not trying to lead anyone or anything here. Try to view me as a facilitator, a caretaker, an advisor or organiser if you like. I'm not trying to build a massive corp or alliance, I'm not trying to get anyone into Stain, I am simply trying to create a platform for Hi-sec where people can get advice, find friends, or just lay low within Eve for as long as they choose.



its deeply duplicated function - forums, newbie corp chat, rookie chat, fail corp (scope) chat, out of game forums etc all do this already, and it was based on the premise of hiding in a fail corp, which is to me the little death, its essentially giving up group progress and ability to technically support each other in space and being able to defend structures (in highsec).

Not only that, the thread has splashed about in the shallows for so long that the standover sharks like ima wreckyou are already circling just offshore and they'll be straight onto members that you are isolating.

Quote:


I'm only human, I'm just a guy...If youre aware of the history between Drac and I you'll know that I will respond to him if he comes on here trolling. I have responded politely to every other troll here and then ignored if they persisted, Give me a break and acknowledge that I am not perfect and I have never claimed to be.

Allow me to have my perspective, in previous ventures lots of people told me blatantly that they didn't respect the fact I had spent lots of time organising and trying as hard as I could to get more people there. Eve and the people in it can be harsh at times so please allow me the space to start this when I am ready.


I know that when you aren't taking 3 months between saying and doing that you put effort in, but strategy is always a multiplier for effort.

If you are on for like an hour a day, and then the channel is rotten for the remaining 23 hours, its a massive loss of the hours effort, all can undone when you aren't there. So in practice in the very least the channel needs 50 experienced players, and the only way you can keep that around is to have some sort of more substantial shared goal that people have bought into.

To be honest if you have that, the people you want to help tend to buy into the same goal.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#576 - 2017-07-10 17:51:27 UTC
Coralas wrote:
Aaron wrote:


And I will say again, please don't mistake me for some sort of leader. I am not trying to lead anyone or anything here. Try to view me as a facilitator, a caretaker, an advisor or organiser if you like. I'm not trying to build a massive corp or alliance, I'm not trying to get anyone into Stain, I am simply trying to create a platform for Hi-sec where people can get advice, find friends, or just lay low within Eve for as long as they choose.



its deeply duplicated function - forums, newbie corp chat, rookie chat, fail corp (scope) chat, out of game forums etc all do this already, and it was based on the premise of hiding in a fail corp, which is to me the little death, its essentially giving up group progress and ability to technically support each other in space and being able to defend structures (in highsec).

Not only that, the thread has splashed about in the shallows for so long that the standover sharks like ima wreckyou are already circling just offshore and they'll be straight onto members that you are isolating.

Quote:


I'm only human, I'm just a guy...If youre aware of the history between Drac and I you'll know that I will respond to him if he comes on here trolling. I have responded politely to every other troll here and then ignored if they persisted, Give me a break and acknowledge that I am not perfect and I have never claimed to be.

Allow me to have my perspective, in previous ventures lots of people told me blatantly that they didn't respect the fact I had spent lots of time organising and trying as hard as I could to get more people there. Eve and the people in it can be harsh at times so please allow me the space to start this when I am ready.


I know that when you aren't taking 3 months between saying and doing that you put effort in, but strategy is always a multiplier for effort.

If you are on for like an hour a day, and then the channel is rotten for the remaining 23 hours, its a massive loss of the hours effort, all can undone when you aren't there. So in practice in the very least the channel needs 50 experienced players, and the only way you can keep that around is to have some sort of more substantial shared goal that people have bought into.

To be honest if you have that, the people you want to help tend to buy into the same goal.


I'm not sure if you know what it is like in a hi-sec corp but it seems they are struggling due to wardecs and they don't know how to fight them. If a hi-sec corp has been wardecced by a wardec corp then their ability to mission, buy supplies, and trade will be severely affected. The issue here is that many eve pilots in corps are finding it difficult to technically support each other and defend structures, It is evident that the functions you say I am duplicating are not working because we still have large numbers of pilots unable to defend their corp members and structures. So here I am with my perspective making myself available to offer advice, my methods are unorthodox and were devised from 14 years of playing.

My venture offers a method of stepping away from the rigours of being in a corp so they have breathing space to earn some money and work out a plan of action for when they do go back to a corp, you seem to be missing the point that many pilots are isolated right now within their corps. Joining this venture as npc will give them some freedom, it's not perfect but it's something.

Speaking honestly, I've not had a bad experience with Galaxy Pig or Ima Wreck you, I've gotten a few likes from them and I have liked a couple of their posts. They haven't trolled like drac and herzog have so for now I am cool with them. I'm fine with them coming after this venture if they keep it as a game and not personal.

You imply I have taken too long to start this, the fact is the wardec situation is not going to change s when I do this it will still benefit people.

You seem to have a negative view, have you read this thread properly?

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#577 - 2017-07-10 20:01:16 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:

Everything about this forum will continue to the next, including your verbosity.

As well as your snide sarcastic adolescent troll remarks.


DMC


Please accept my sincere thanks for expressing that thought in less than 5 paragraphs.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#578 - 2017-07-11 01:50:37 UTC
Aaron wrote:


I'm not sure if you know what it is like in a hi-sec corp but it seems they are struggling due to wardecs and they don't know how to fight them. If a hi-sec corp has been wardecced by a wardec corp then their ability to mission, buy supplies, and trade will be severely affected. The issue here is that many eve pilots in corps are finding it difficult to technically support each other and defend structures, It is evident that the functions you say I am duplicating are not working because we still have large numbers of pilots unable to defend their corp members and structures. So here I am with my perspective making myself available to offer advice, my methods are unorthodox and were devised from 14 years of playing.



Which is why I wouldn't duplicate them. I also pointed out that I lived in an alliance that was perma wardecced often by all major deccers for 6 months (greater western co-prosperity scheme). I know exactly what its like.

Quote:


My venture offers a method of stepping away from the rigours of being in a corp so they have breathing space to earn some money and work out a plan of action for when they do go back to a corp, you seem to be missing the point that many pilots are isolated right now within their corps. Joining this venture as npc will give them some freedom, it's not perfect but it's something.



Your method ignores highsec mechanics, and highsec mechanics are one reason I don't live in highsec. As an NPC corp player I can join a nullsec fleet, and shoot not-purples with no drama. Put simply I can contribute direct fighting power to the cas combat guild, whilst still remaining in newbie chat to help others.

In highsec, its terrible, someone has to give me a limited engagement or go suspect before I can do anything other than suicide gank. Not only that, if you empty a corp of its players, the only ones that will likely return are the ones that know the CEO personally.

You are advocating destroying corps and isolating individuals as a solution to wardecs. Kinda feels like groundhog day, because I've already pointed this out to you.

The correct solution for a corp under a wardec is have the numbers to win and figure out how to apply them, or to move in a disciplined fashion to where the wardeccers are not, so that individuals can function without leaving. Which ever strategy is right for the corp, its certainly possible to provide them with real resources to make that work, and I can think of a massive shopping list of such things.

Quote:


Speaking honestly, I've not had a bad experience with Galaxy Pig or Ima Wreck you, I've gotten a few likes from them and I have liked a couple of their posts. They haven't trolled like drac and herzog have so for now I am cool with them. I'm fine with them coming after this venture if they keep it as a game and not personal.



CODE is completely fine with organised players that fight back. Its what their organisation lives for to try and create by presenting motivation and an easy target.

However if you isolate players, make a nice readable list of them and make them gank fodder, well CODE will also happily continue to do what they do, extorting mining licences from them and shooting their ships free from any fear.

I've got no problem with them roleplaying corner hoods, but you just need to bear in mind they are what they are.
Quote:


You imply I have taken too long to start this, the fact is the wardec situation is not going to change s when I do this it will still benefit people.

You seem to have a negative view, have you read this thread properly?


Aaron, I'm almost certainly the only one that has read the thread properly or gives the remotest care about the content of it.

Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#579 - 2017-07-11 03:37:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
Coralas wrote:
Aaron wrote:


I'm not sure if you know what it is like in a hi-sec corp but it seems they are struggling due to wardecs and they don't know how to fight them. If a hi-sec corp has been wardecced by a wardec corp then their ability to mission, buy supplies, and trade will be severely affected. The issue here is that many eve pilots in corps are finding it difficult to technically support each other and defend structures, It is evident that the functions you say I am duplicating are not working because we still have large numbers of pilots unable to defend their corp members and structures. So here I am with my perspective making myself available to offer advice, my methods are unorthodox and were devised from 14 years of playing.



Which is why I wouldn't duplicate them. I also pointed out that I lived in an alliance that was perma wardecced often by all major deccers for 6 months (greater western co-prosperity scheme). I know exactly what its like.



I think it might be time to accept people have a different view from you. People play Eve for different reasons, accept that some may just want to grind missions without the threat of a wardec, some may only have 1 hour to play Eve every few days and may not want to spend that little time waiting out a camp.

As I say this isn't a duplication of a corp, It's just people communicating using a mechanic that stops others from wardecing them to their advantage for a period of time. Lets say for example you come to this venture with a bad attitude, if people choose to block you there's nothing anyone can do about it, there will be no discussion about it no mediation, no one to complain to, they will have blocked you and that's the end of that. Can you see how this is in fact not a duplication of a corp?

Yes you also said that a 40 billion isk ship loss per month was reasonable and I disagree.. People can use intel and take precautions like having falcons nearby and keeping alligned and doing missions in groups, not using carriers in sov for doing sites for example...

My perception is the people in your alliance may not have known core survival skills to teach their members, and maybe the people who were vocal about teaching survival skills were told to shut up and ridiculed. Anyone can come on comms in this venture and teach survival skills, no one will tell them to shut up because of some silly red tape, Can you see how this is not a duplication of a corp?

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#580 - 2017-07-11 07:27:21 UTC
Aaron wrote:
Coralas wrote:
Aaron wrote:


I'm not sure if you know what it is like in a hi-sec corp but it seems they are struggling due to wardecs and they don't know how to fight them. If a hi-sec corp has been wardecced by a wardec corp then their ability to mission, buy supplies, and trade will be severely affected. The issue here is that many eve pilots in corps are finding it difficult to technically support each other and defend structures, It is evident that the functions you say I am duplicating are not working because we still have large numbers of pilots unable to defend their corp members and structures. So here I am with my perspective making myself available to offer advice, my methods are unorthodox and were devised from 14 years of playing.



Which is why I wouldn't duplicate them. I also pointed out that I lived in an alliance that was perma wardecced often by all major deccers for 6 months (greater western co-prosperity scheme). I know exactly what its like.



I think it might be time to accept people have a different view from you. People play Eve for different reasons, accept that some may just want to grind missions without the threat of a wardec, some may only have 1 hour to play Eve every few days and may not want to spend that little time waiting out a camp.

As I say this isn't a duplication of a corp, It's just people communicating using a mechanic that stops others from wardecing them to their advantage for a period of time. Lets say for example you come to this venture with a bad attitude, if people choose to block you there's nothing anyone can do about it, there will be no discussion about it no mediation, no one to complain to, they will have blocked you and that's the end of that. Can you see how this is in fact not a duplication of a corp?



Those people should log on and find a defense fleet they can take part in, or an escape location they can mission in, with someone that can spring them appropriate level missions if they don't have the standing. What they should not log on to is a ghost town corp with all their friends gone.

If you intend on recommending to the individuals in a corporation that they leave said corporation and become some tenuous diaspora, then pretty much every ceo with any sense is going to ban your channel. Your actions will be seen as highly divisive and destructive, and I personally think more destructive than the wardec in the first place.

I'm completely cool that you have a different viewpoint, I just don't like your strategy.

Quote:


Yes you also said that a 40 billion isk ship loss per month was reasonable and I disagree.. People can use intel and take precautions like having falcons nearby and keeping alligned and doing missions in groups, not using carriers in sov for doing sites for example...



Nope, a falcon is a dead character earning no money and soon to be afk through boredom at a critical point if its an actual person and not an alt, and if its an alt, it will be chronically concerned by its mains escape and not much else. If I'm standing guard over miners, I'll do it from a procurer. If I'm standing guard over ratters, I'll rat myself, and switch on entrance of neuts (which is the natural point in time to choose which ship is ideal to switch into).

Quote:


My perception is the people in your alliance may not have known core survival skills to teach their members, and maybe the people who were vocal about teaching survival skills were told to shut up and ridiculed. Anyone can come on comms in this venture and teach survival skills, no one will tell them to shut up because of some silly red tape, Can you see how this is not a duplication of a corp?


It was a renter organisation, that paid ~500b a month to goons, and would have pulled 1T+ a month out for itself. people were there to make money and trying to organize a defense for an attacker that was never going to come to vale was pointless. ie I could have made a whole 0.1% difference to losses by trying to make them a fighting organisation, or I could just earn equivalent to 10% of the monthly losses myself (~4b) by ignoring it.

That is also why I point out that the fundamental solution of moving the corp to a different agent is probably sufficient to retrieve a wardec situation, and it leaves them the option of forming up to defend structure timers, since well ccp has given them a whole week to do so.