These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do T2 Fury Cruise need a Target Painter against BS rats?

Author
Lothres Andastar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-07-09 07:32:06 UTC
Simple question really, do I need to fit a target painter to get full damage on T2 Cruise?
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#2 - 2017-07-09 09:08:12 UTC
Simple question without a simple answer. Usually yes, you need a painter for absolutely full damage. However, if you have perfect application skills and an application-bonused ship, no. Likewise if you fit for application with rigors or missile guidance mods, maybes not. Also, Guristas tend to have a larger sig, so maybe not then either.

So... maybe?
Nerdz Rool
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2017-07-09 11:45:23 UTC
Cant you just try it? One with without painter, one with. If the one with does more damage you have your answer.
Slan Slacker
Doomheim
#4 - 2017-07-10 11:19:20 UTC
Missile damage application can be non-intuitive. Usually you need a lot of stuff to get full application. You need to kill more than battleships too, and those smaller sig radius mess with your damage application. There are golem fits with 2-3 TP's, plus flare/rigor so you pop all small ships in one volley.

Angels are notoriously hard to hit with missiles, especially Fury, btw.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#5 - 2017-07-10 21:40:35 UTC
guristas are slow and fat, angels are small and fast, what works for one may not work for the other.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Cathablia Sarain
Broke-Ass Agency
#6 - 2017-07-11 02:50:33 UTC
i mission in a typhoon that uses T2 target painters and a missile application module and sometimes a rigor rig
and that's with full application skills
and i use the +3% application implants
takes about 1-2 volleys to take out a normal cruiser rat and does full damage vs BS

and vs the angel rats it sometimes can have problems dealing full damage

so it can take alot to make fury missiles work

but with all that.. not needing to reload to normal ammo or precision ammo, helps speed up the killing

the fit i use does about 1k dps with missiles and drones..

the drones really help vs frigates, destroyers and crusiers
and sometimes the leftover hp on some BS or whatever