These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Factional Warfare Kill Rights

Author
Zirashi
Cyclical Destruction
#21 - 2017-07-06 12:49:03 UTC
Dravos Tarimus wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
you did a naughty thing to earn a kill right against you, no reason to complain when it gets activated at a later date. If you don't want any kill rights don't go criminal.

I tried to avoid shooting/scramming them first but then I just gave them the advantage by letting them MWD to kiting range which subsequently led to me losing my ship. Letting them shoot first isn't a viable option.

Give them a limited activation timer. They've come into the plexes because they want to fight. It's similar to duelling in high sec: 'we both actively consent to fight each other and so there should be no sec status hit'. It is inconsistent that duelling is a feature of the game but the mechanic is not recreated when players who both wish to PvP go into a specially designated PvP arena to fight each other.

You don't have to let them shoot first. Again, as stated earlier in this thread, you will only get a criminal flag and killright against you if you POD them. Shooting and killing a neutral will make you go suspect, not criminal. While I don't agree with the suspect flagging either, that's not what was being discussed. OP is specifically about killrights and the solution is just don't pod people who aren't criminal. If you aren't sure, then use yellow safety which will allow you to aggress/kill people, but won't allow you to do something that warrants a killright. Or roam nullsec/WHs and forget all about it.
Vala Azar
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#22 - 2017-07-06 15:24:53 UTC
Just put out warning signs "area of war - enter at your own risk". I'm now criminal since I view neutrals inside plexes like pirates. I have yet to meet a neutral within a plex with good intentions, on the other hand I do before I ask.
Dravos Tarimus
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2017-07-06 18:55:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Dravos Tarimus
Zirashi wrote:
Dravos Tarimus wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
you did a naughty thing to earn a kill right against you, no reason to complain when it gets activated at a later date. If you don't want any kill rights don't go criminal.

I tried to avoid shooting/scramming them first but then I just gave them the advantage by letting them MWD to kiting range which subsequently led to me losing my ship. Letting them shoot first isn't a viable option.

Give them a limited activation timer. They've come into the plexes because they want to fight. It's similar to duelling in high sec: 'we both actively consent to fight each other and so there should be no sec status hit'. It is inconsistent that duelling is a feature of the game but the mechanic is not recreated when players who both wish to PvP go into a specially designated PvP arena to fight each other.

You don't have to let them shoot first. Again, as stated earlier in this thread, you will only get a criminal flag and killright against you if you POD them. Shooting and killing a neutral will make you go suspect, not criminal.

This will still make you lose sec status meaning you have to give up high sec over time, which in my opinion is just as much if not more of an issue as the killright thing. Faction Warfare players should not be punished in this way for engaging in PvP with others who enter plexes because they actively want to PvP against them. Perhaps FW players should be allowed to enter the high sec region of their militia regardless of sec status. Personally, I'd just prefer giving neutrals a limited engagement timer when they enter the plex.
Agent 5B
Venom and Bullet Corporation
#24 - 2017-07-07 15:16:21 UTC
Dravos Tarimus wrote:

Personally, I'd just prefer giving neutrals a limited engagement timer when they enter the plex.

If you enter a control bunker you are engaging in an activity that affects sovereignty and should be a legal target. No neutral player is going to care about the legality of shooting people within FW complexes, may as well just make it legal for them to do it.
Pestilen Ratte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2017-07-09 01:18:31 UTC
Faction warfare is the essence of an abandoned project.

If you start picking it apart, there is no end to the weird questions that arise.

Nevertheless, FW is the best place to learn how to fit ships for pvp, and it is the only option for those who want pvp without life consuming politics.

Agent 5B
#26 - 2017-07-09 04:16:55 UTC
Pestilen Ratte wrote:
Faction warfare is the essence of an abandoned project.

If you start picking it apart, there is no end to the weird questions that arise.

Nevertheless, FW is the best place to learn how to fit ships for pvp, and it is the only option for those who want pvp without life consuming politics.

It's also the focus of much non Factional Warfare activity, neutrals go there to fight and use the contested level of systems to tell them where the activity is likely to be.
Agent 5B
#27 - 2017-07-20 10:46:15 UTC
Anyway another issue with kill rights, you should be able to see if it is publicly available and how much they have set the price, it is a bit dumb having to ask someone to look at your ship and tell you what it says about your kill right.
Previous page12