These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

I need help with my fit

Author
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#21 - 2017-07-03 20:52:55 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
Don't waste your time on those level 3's for very long.
The good money is in level 4's. Jump on those as soon as an agent becomes available.

there is more money in doing level 3s quickly then barely being able to complete level 4s

Zaku Ganymede wrote:
Chainsaws stuff is being a jerk, and you're right he knows it well.

and yea, maybe a little. but this is eve, where learning the proper way early on saves a lot of time in the long run. Jumping into a big ship fast is a good way to needlessly lose ships. Sounds like your current setup tries to avoid that by fitting a ton of cap and tank mods, however this leads to boring game play as you have no damage to kill npcs in a timely manner. And like I said earlier in this post, you will make more running lv3s quickly, than doing slow level 4s.

Zaku Ganymede wrote:
despite forum trolls insisting you fly a frigate for 2 years before you get battleship mastery V, I managed to set this up for 470dps.

I mean frigs and cruisers are where the money is right now thanks to burner missions. small ship skills are very good to have. Also a ton of isk to be made in FW where frigs through cruisers are very popular. and of course pvp happens in frig-cruiser hulls very often.

show ignorance and I'll help you with the basics, show some knowledge and I'll gladly move on to more advanced topics.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#22 - 2017-07-03 21:33:39 UTC
Zaku,

Yes, if you can do L4s, and earn 30-40M per, that is better than doing L1s in a frigate. And it doesn't matter at this time how long it takes. just completing them is good enough. The bounties and loyalty points is where you make some isk.

Many people have jumped into a BS with low skill points ran L4s, and survived. Others have not.

Hitting a trigger too soon can be overwhelming, and if your scrammed and can't jump out, you could lose your ship.

A long time ago, I had low skill points, didn't have enough drone dps to clear out 3 scramming frigates. I also didn't have enough dps to eliminate the BSs that were pounding me. I lost a Raven that I had earned from L3s. I went back to L3s in a Drake, to train up. Later, when I had better skills, and a better fit, that same mission wasn't hard anymore.

Never happened again, (except that time I fell asleep a couple of years ago)

I'm not wishing anything on you at all, just be careful.

-Kirst

Always remember Tovil-Toba, and what was done there.

Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#23 - 2017-07-03 22:25:19 UTC
Ion Kirst wrote:
Zaku,

Yes, if you can do L4s, and earn 30-40M per, that is better than doing L1s in a frigate. And it doesn't matter at this time how long it takes. just completing them is good enough. The bounties and loyalty points is where you make some isk.

Many people have jumped into a BS with low skill points ran L4s, and survived. Others have not.

Hitting a trigger too soon can be overwhelming, and if your scrammed and can't jump out, you could lose your ship.

A long time ago, I had low skill points, didn't have enough drone dps to clear out 3 scramming frigates. I also didn't have enough dps to eliminate the BSs that were pounding me. I lost a Raven that I had earned from L3s. I went back to L3s in a Drake, to train up. Later, when I had better skills, and a better fit, that same mission wasn't hard anymore.

Never happened again, (except that time I fell asleep a couple of years ago)

I'm not wishing anything on you at all, just be careful.

-Kirst

It takes me about 2 hours to complete most level 4 missions. I could probably speed that up with a mtu but haven't gotten around to grabbing one and figuring out how it works yet.

With drones V and light drone operation IV my hobs waste frigs in about 5-10 seconds. I don't have any problems with frigs for the most part. If they're at optimal range of my rails I can one shot them, Mega has great tracking.

I'm extremely careful. If it's a mission where I can't warp to within 100k I always align first, take a quick look at the packs and either mwd to a safe distance and begin sniping or run back and get my hyperion to facetank.

...... people like to think this game is a lot more complicated than it is.
Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#24 - 2017-07-03 23:36:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ion Kirst
Zaku,

I have to say 2 hours is a long time.

For comparison, and it's not bragging, but depending on the mission, I complete them in 3 to 20min in my Golem. I get abpit 1025dps, without drones. I rarely use drones anyway. Most targets go in one volley, elite stuff and BS about 2-3.

For me, where I am at in EVE, L4's are not hard at all. A few take a long time, only because of the numerous gates and targets.

If you went with a shield tank, you could pulse a XL shield booster when needed, and that would open up the lower slots for damage mods.

I would think of something like this:

Rigs
2x anti-em screen
1x anti-thermal screen
highs:
6x 425mm protos, (Caldari antimatter, maybe some thorium too)
mids:
xl shield booster, (maybe pith if you can afford it)
2x Invul Flds (named or T2)
MJD (this is the GTFO card)
Heavy f-rx cap booster with 800 charges
Lows:
3x Mag. Fld. Stabs (named or T2)
2x Fourier Transform tracking (tracking enhancer)
Damage control (named or T2)
Photonic Co-processor (to help with fitting the mods)

Drones - lights, (maybe some med, and maybe some heavies.)

With a set-up like this, as I said, you pulse the shield booster when needed. If the cap starts getting to low, then you use the cap charges. Carry as many as you can in the hold. If you run out of charges, GTFO!
You're dps should also be much better too. Those 425s have terrible tracking.

I just don't like armor tanking, as I want those low slots for damage mods.

Also, maybe you could get some implants to help with tracking and damage.

If you don't mind me asking, but I sure would like to know, how you could buy a BS after only two weeks?

-Kirst

Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#25 - 2017-07-04 00:08:13 UTC
Ion Kirst wrote:
Zaku,

I have to say 2 hours is a long time.

For comparison, and it's not bragging, but depending on the mission, I complete them in 3 to 20min in my Golem. I get abpit 1025dps, without drones. I rarely use drones anyway. Most targets go in one volley, elite stuff and BS about 2-3.

For me, where I am at in EVE, L4's are not hard at all. A few take a long time, only because of the numerous gates and targets.

If you went with a shield tank, you could pulse a XL shield booster when needed, and that would open up the lower slots for damage mods.

I would think of something like this:

Rigs
2x anti-em screen
1x anti-thermal screen
highs:
6x 425mm protos, (Caldari antimatter, maybe some thorium too)
mids:
xl shield booster, (maybe pith if you can afford it)
2x Invul Flds (named or T2)
MJD (this is the GTFO card)
Heavy f-rx cap booster with 800 charges
Lows:
3x Mag. Fld. Stabs (named or T2)
2x Fourier Transform tracking (tracking enhancer)
Damage control (named or T2)
Photonic Co-processor (to help with fitting the mods)

Drones - lights, (maybe some med, and maybe some heavies.)

With a set-up like this, as I said, you pulse the shield booster when needed. If the cap starts getting to low, then you use the cap charges. Carry as many as you can in the hold. If you run out of charges, GTFO!
You're dps should also be much better too. Those 425s have terrible tracking.

I just don't like armor tanking, as I want those low slots for damage mods.

Also, maybe you could get some implants to help with tracking and damage.

If you don't mind me asking, but I sure would like to know, how you could buy a BS after only two weeks?

-Kirst

Your t2 marauder runs missions faster than my T1 battleship? No way. Whoda thunk. Why didn't I think of that.

Gallante ships are armor tanked btw.

Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#26 - 2017-07-04 00:59:33 UTC
Obvious sarcasm, and that is ok. Just trying to help, I thought that is what you wanted, and then I get a little jab?

I only meant it as to where you are now, and where you can get too.

Wow, thanks for the insight that Gallenti ships are armor tanked. (little sarcasm back)

Thing is, they do not have to be armor tanked, grasshopper. Maybe for PVP, but in PVE, whatever works. You have much to learn. That fit will work very well and is a solid fit, for PVE. I actually tried it a few years ago, but I was more efficient in a Raven.

Also, like the Rokh, the Hyperion, is mostly used for long range sniping in fleets, not so much in L4s.

Right now I have Gallenti alt using a Brutix with a shield tank for L3s, and another in a Thorax also with a shield tank running L2s. They are doing very well.

adios,

-Kirst

Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#27 - 2017-07-04 01:35:18 UTC
Oh but I do want help. It's clear the forums aren't the place to go for that anymore.
Nerdz Rool
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2017-07-04 07:20:47 UTC
Am I the first to say this? Is this guy trolling or what?

So many helpful people here and they only get shot down for trying to help.

Zaku Ganymede wrote:
Oh but I do want help. It's clear the forums aren't the place to go for that anymore.

Like what the actual hell man. I haven't started to count them, but alot of people gave you advice and you turned them all down. So either you dont really want the help and just came here to troll, or you should listen to the guys posting in your thread. YOU are the one asking for help, so take their advice man. I have seen so many great tips in this thread alone already too.
Eleanor Roscommon
Bleu Femme Felis
#29 - 2017-07-04 18:48:33 UTC
Zaku Ganymede wrote:

Honey, you've only been here for two weeks, as if you have any knowledge of the forums.

I don't even believe that you are actually in a BS after two weeks. This has all been a bunch of "BS" from you.

There will be no more posts of fits for you here, and there will be no more advice.

Just let this go, move on,

Bye bye now.
Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#30 - 2017-07-05 07:06:32 UTC
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
Zaku Ganymede wrote:

Honey, you've only been here for two weeks, as if you have any knowledge of the forums.

I don't even believe that you are actually in a BS after two weeks. This has all been a bunch of "BS" from you.

There will be no more posts of fits for you here, and there will be no more advice.

Just let this go, move on,

Bye bye now.

Hi

http://imgur.com/a/2RmSR
Llehctim Ttirrem
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2017-07-06 06:56:44 UTC
Zaku Ganymede wrote:
Llehctim Ttirrem wrote:
[Dominix, MJD Sniper]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II
Federation Navy Large Armor Repairer

Omnidirectional Tracking Link I, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I, Optimal Range Script
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Large Micro Jump Drive

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Iron Charge L
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Ionic Field Projector II
Large Drone Scope Chip II

Garde II x5
Warden II x5
Bouncer II x5

not the cheapest fit, but running faction sentries and you can still sit out at 100km and basically never take damage.

this runs level 4's quite easily. and even better you can change damage types based on the mission. it's not cheap though. that's the only problem.

It looks like an optimal fit. Unfortunately I don't have the skill points to make a fit like that works. I'd be minus 500% cap. Thanks for the post though! Didn't even have to insult me first. Bravo!

the thing about that fit is it's a literal range tank. you land in a site, point the ship whichever direction you want to (preferably away from the big gaggle of ships) and hit the MJD. poof you land 100km away, launch sentries and orbit them at 500m. the armor rep is only there for the initial agro that you'll get when you land from the warp in. once you're at range, none of the rats should be able to hit you. and any that can won't be doing enough damage to break your tank even without being cap stable. the large MJD takes a lot of cap. but it only runs for about 10 seconds then you don't have to touch it again.
Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#32 - 2017-07-07 21:46:46 UTC
I've ran the Dominic quite a bit and it is a great drone boat but I get guristas extravaganza mission about every 3 missions and their missiles seem to go out to 200k. You can't out range them. For those missions I've been using the Hyperion and just face tanking it. It takes a little longer but it's the only way I can do it.

For everything else I've been using the mega and it rips through battleships really quick. I do however need to invest in implants, I haven't put any in since I've been getting ganked alot and it didn't seem worth it.
Eleanor Roscommon
Bleu Femme Felis
#33 - 2017-07-07 23:42:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Eleanor Roscommon
OK, so you show a pic of yourself in a Mega,

Here are your own words:

I'm a new player, so I don't have a lot of skills.
I'm currently running L3s in a Hyperion (costs 224M)
My dps is 147
Got my dps up to 290.
Traded the Hyperion for a Mega (costs 170M)
I've been steam rolling L4's all day.
I don't have the skills to make that fit work.
I am two weeks old.
It takes me about 2 hours to complete a mission.
. . .and get my Hyperion to face tank. (thought you traded the Hyperion)
I've used the Dominix quite a bit. (costs 200M) (now a Dominix, with a Hyperion, and a Megathron).
. . . haven't put any implants in, since I'm getting ganked a lot.

So, that's all your "BS". All of this in two weeks. It's almost unbelievable. (almost?)

No need for any more comments from me. You've done a good job on your own.

Sweetie, have a great evening, fly safe, and heaven forbid, don't get ganked again.
Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#34 - 2017-07-08 01:29:30 UTC
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
OK, so you show a pic of yourself in a Mega,

Here are your own words:

I'm a new player, so I don't have a lot of skills.
I'm currently running L3s in a Hyperion (costs 224M)
My dps is 147
Got my dps up to 290.
Traded the Hyperion for a Mega (costs 170M)
I've been steam rolling L4's all day.
I don't have the skills to make that fit work.
I am two weeks old.
It takes me about 2 hours to complete a mission.
. . .and get my Hyperion to face tank. (thought you traded the Hyperion)
I've used the Dominix quite a bit. (costs 200M) (now a Dominix, with a Hyperion, and a Megathron).
. . . haven't put any implants in, since I'm getting ganked a lot.

So, that's all your "BS". All of this in two weeks. It's almost unbelievable. (almost?)

No need for any more comments from me. You've done a good job on your own.

Sweetie, have a great evening, fly safe, and heaven forbid, don't get ganked again.

The starter pack I bought came with a bunch of cosmetic items that I sold for like 1.5bil and I sold the extra plex for another 1.5bil.

With that money I bought a few skill injectors and a few ships.

Since you're clearly some kind of internet forum detective genius I'm sure you already figured all that out.

Safe flying! Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Dr Joshua Stone
Doomheim
#35 - 2017-07-08 13:42:36 UTC
I'm a friggin genius too then, because that is what I figured when I heard "two weeks". I didn't have to be a detective see that. And many more figured the same thing, but someone finally got you to admit it.

Going for all you can get in only two weeks, takes away from the actual learning process. It takes away from the game. There's a big difference from earning your way in EVE and buying your way.

Many older players have invested their time in their game play, and are still playing today. They did it before being able to buy your way thru, and they may even appreciate the leaning curve they went thru. Paying to win was a mistake by CCP. I don't believe those players will last for any length of time.

What you get out of EVE is what you put into it. If you're a kid with a gun, you're not going to last very long.

-Josh

Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#36 - 2017-07-08 15:40:19 UTC
Dr Joshua Stone wrote:
I'm a friggin genius too then, because that is what I figured when I heard "two weeks". I didn't have to be a detective see that. And many more figured the same thing, but someone finally got you to admit it.

Going for all you can get in only two weeks, takes away from the actual learning process. It takes away from the game. There's a big difference from earning your way in EVE and buying your way.

Many older players have invested their time in their game play, and are still playing today. They did it before being able to buy your way thru, and they may even appreciate the leaning curve they went thru. Paying to win was a mistake by CCP. I don't believe those players will last for any length of time.

What you get out of EVE is what you put into it. If you're a kid with a gun, you're not going to last very long.

-Josh

That was a beautiful speech bro. I'm so fkn wet right now.
Dr Joshua Stone
Doomheim
#37 - 2017-07-09 15:18:09 UTC
Zaku Ganymede wrote:
Dr Joshua Stone wrote:

-Josh

That was a beautiful speech bro. I'm so fkn wet right now.

What did you do? Pee in your panties?
Nerdz Rool
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2017-07-09 17:51:02 UTC
Dr Joshua Stone wrote:

-Josh

I must say Eve still is not Pay 2 Win. SP does not equal actual skills.
Atomeon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2017-07-09 19:17:15 UTC
Nerdz Rool wrote:

Between two with same experience is pay to win.
Eleanor Roscommon
Bleu Femme Felis
#40 - 2017-07-09 19:35:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Eleanor Roscommon
Nerdz Rool wrote:
Dr Joshua Stone wrote:

-Josh

I agree with you and Josh. As this thread and others have demonstrated over the years, you can invest a lot of real money in EVE to buy shiny things. You can also buy skill injectors to get a lot of sp. But in the end, it doesn't mean you have paid to win. You have only paid to get stuff. So you end up with a lot of stuff and sp, but don't know how to use any of it. Winning requires it's own definition.
Previous page123Next page