These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Domination Invul Field

Author
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-07-04 23:52:46 UTC
CCP,

please fix the Domination Invuls and make it 32.5% resistance profile. Otherwise can't see much of meta 8 bonuses.

And yes GJ and CPU it gains are nuts vs. others meta

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#2 - 2017-07-05 03:17:06 UTC
I think its cap-use is intentional.

It pulls less than half the cap of a T2 Inv. It's just a far superior version of the Limited Inv. This pattern holds for damage-specific Domination hardeners, and vaguely looks like the entire theme across all Domination shield modules.

[EDIT:] What I mean to say is that it isn't broken, just different.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-07-05 03:37:55 UTC
i didn't mean it's broken it's just weak in terms of meta profile. not asking much and i'm ok if it pays more GJ or CPU for added resistance

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Cade Windstalker
#4 - 2017-07-05 13:17:02 UTC
The whole point of the Domination Invuln is that it's more fitting and cap efficient than other similar options. It may need a buff, but it's not supposed to be equivalent to the other Faction invulns, it's meant to offer different bonuses which may or may not be useful depending on what fit you're going for.
Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#5 - 2017-07-06 00:04:26 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
i didn't mean it's broken it's just weak in terms of meta profile. not asking much and i'm ok if it pays more GJ or CPU for added resistance

So you're asking for it to be less good at what it's currently (very) good at, and to be more like the other Inv. Fields?
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2017-07-08 00:19:13 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Tiddle Jr wrote:

So you're asking for it to be less good at what it's currently (very) good at, and to be more like the other Inv. Fields?

why to turn it upside down? would you please mind to share fits where pilots prefer this Invul other any others only because it's less GJ activation cost and only provides you 25% of resistance profile? I did specify from the very beginning what i'm actually asking about.

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2017-07-08 00:21:04 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
The whole point of the Domination Invuln is that it's more fitting and cap efficient than other similar options. It may need a buff, but it's not supposed to be equivalent to the other Faction invulns, it's meant to offer different bonuses which may or may not be useful depending on what fit you're going for.

Correct, 32.5% is not equal to any other Faction Invuls but it's current % is worse than "Posse" i know we had several cases where storyline are better than faction mods but the main role of Invul is resistance but not cap usage, right?

Cade Windstalker
#8 - 2017-07-08 04:49:18 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Cade Windstalker wrote:

Correct, 32.5% is not equal to any other Faction Invuls but it's current % is worse than "Posse" i know we had several cases where storyline are better than faction mods but the main role of Invul is resistance but not cap usage, right?

Depends on the requirements of the ship you're fitting. If you're fitting out a cap-starved Frigate or you expect to be dealing with a lot of neuting then the absolutely minimal cap use of a Domination Invuln would be pretty useful.