These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How to post in new forums?

First post
Author
Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#1 - 2017-07-03 05:13:34 UTC
It said new players may not post. Didn't give a timeframe though.
ISD Stall
ISD STAR
#2 - 2017-07-03 11:40:56 UTC
Hi there,

This is an anti-spam feature of the new forums. Please read a few threads, make a reply or two and consider completing the tutorial. It should not take too long to lift your new user restrictions on the forums. Let me know if you have any issues.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2017-07-03 11:49:32 UTC
These are the only forums that matter anyway. New forums are hated by most and they're going to take a large activity hit when they close this place down because no one wants to go use those.

As much as I ******* hate Reddit and it's cancerous layout from another century long past it doesn't look like I have a choice but to go make an account there.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#4 - 2017-07-03 12:31:15 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
These are the only forums that matter anyway. New forums are hated by most and they're going to take a large activity hit when they close this place down because no one wants to go use those.

As much as I ******* hate Reddit and it's cancerous layout from another century long past it doesn't look like I have a choice but to go make an account there.


Pretty much, I came back in 2016 after a 2 year break and the eve forums were a complete ghost town compared to how they were. I remember when CAOD forum had 400 posts a day and eve GD was massively busy, now it's all on reddit and this place is so quiet you can check it once a week and not miss anything. Another activity hit will probably bury the place and put everyone on reddit.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#5 - 2017-07-03 12:48:17 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
These are the only forums that matter anyway. New forums are hated by most and they're going to take a large activity hit when they close this place down because no one wants to go use those.

As much as I ******* hate Reddit and it's cancerous layout from another century long past it doesn't look like I have a choice but to go make an account there.


The numbers disagree.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#6 - 2017-07-03 13:36:53 UTC
ISD Stall wrote:
Please read a few threads, make a reply or two and consider completing the tutorial.
Is there an option to pay isk to skip this?
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#7 - 2017-07-03 14:44:59 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
ISD Stall wrote:
Please read a few threads, make a reply or two and consider completing the tutorial.
Is there an option to pay isk to skip this?


The new user tutorial is optional, so don't have to do that unless you want a shiney forum badge. But the other is pretty easy (browsing around and replying to a few threads) honestly and doesn't take more than a few minutes.

Former DJ & Manager of Eve Radio | Blog | Sounds of New Eden | Twitch | Twitter

ISD Stall
ISD STAR
#8 - 2017-07-03 22:56:29 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
ISD Stall wrote:
Please read a few threads, make a reply or two and consider completing the tutorial.
Is there an option to pay isk to skip this?

No, the badge that grants you certain permissions including the ability to make a new thread, or to post images is based on your activity on the forums. As I stated above it's spam prevention.

The tutorial itself is optional, but you do need to read a few threads and make a reply or two to be able to make threads.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2017-07-04 03:02:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthias Ancaladron
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
These are the only forums that matter anyway. New forums are hated by most and they're going to take a large activity hit when they close this place down because no one wants to go use those.

As much as I ******* hate Reddit and it's cancerous layout from another century long past it doesn't look like I have a choice but to go make an account there.


The numbers disagree.


you know theres a poll on the new forums where its 58% to 42% in favor of the current "old" forums being better in at least one or more ways.

edit: 59 to 41 currently.
Zaku Ganymede
Deus-Vult
#10 - 2017-07-04 03:15:27 UTC
ISD Stall wrote:
Hi there,

This is an anti-spam feature of the new forums. Please read a few threads, make a reply or two and consider completing the tutorial. It should not take too long to lift your new user restrictions on the forums. Let me know if you have any issues.


I completed the tutorial a week ago and have been logged in 10 hours a day ever since.

I'll try replying to some threads and farming likes.

Thanks. :D
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2017-07-05 05:17:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthias Ancaladron
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
These are the only forums that matter anyway. New forums are hated by most and they're going to take a large activity hit when they close this place down because no one wants to go use those.

As much as I ******* hate Reddit and it's cancerous layout from another century long past it doesn't look like I have a choice but to go make an account there.


The numbers disagree.


It's now 60-40 in favor of old forums.
The votes back me up, so as long as you're a member of the isd please be aware that the community looks to be you to be honest. Please don't lie when it's something easy to check.

If you all want to say your moving forward with it despite negative reception that's fine, but don't outright lie to the community and cite undisclosed "numbers" as a valid source when there are irrefutable numbers available to the public on the actual new forums that indicate a clear majority think the current forums are better in one or more ways.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#12 - 2017-07-05 05:21:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
It's now 60-40 in favor of old forums.

For all the voting, the activity there is massively greater than here.

So it doesn't really matter what people vote. What they do speaks much louder.

Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
The votes back me up, so as long as you're a member of the isd please be aware that the community looks to be you to be honest. Please don't lie when it's something easy to check.

That's a big call (ie. calling someone out for lying), when you don't have access to the figures to look at.

As for "irrefutable numbers", GD has always been one of the busiest forums here, yet now the front page contains threads that haven't been posted to in the last 3 days:

https://puu.sh/wBXsf/d0581a0508.png

In GD, only 8 threads were posted into yesterday. Only 5 so far today (but it's only early). Only 6 threads were posted in 2 days ago. The evidence is there. Love them or hate them, people have adopted the new forums pretty quickly and left this place for dead.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-07-05 05:48:21 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
It's now 60-40 in favor of old forums.

For all the voting, the activity there is massively greater than here.

So it doesn't really matter what people vote. What they do speaks much louder.

Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
The votes back me up, so as long as you're a member of the isd please be aware that the community looks to be you to be honest. Please don't lie when it's something easy to check.

That's a big call (ie. calling someone out for lying), when you don't have access to the figures to look at.

As for "irrefutable numbers", GD has always been one of the busiest forums here, yet now the front page contains threads that haven't been posted to in the last 3 days:

https://puu.sh/wBXsf/d0581a0508.png

Only 8 threads were posted into yesterday. Only 5 so far today (but it's only early). Only 6 threads were posted in 2 days ago. The evidence is there. Love them or hate them, people have adopted the new forums pretty quickly and left this place for dead.

The only reason that is happening is due to the fact that the Dev's totally abandoned these forums years ago and are now posting on the new Discord forum as well as allowing users the ability to post giffs and all kinds of other crap, that's whats making it appear more preferred.

Personally I think these forums are much better but unfortunately it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks, in the end CCP will do what they wanna do.

DMC
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#14 - 2017-07-05 06:11:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
The only reason that is happening is due to the fact that the Dev's totally abandoned these forums years ago ...

I'm sure there are a many different views as to why, not all in agreement. It doesn't really matter.

It's just bad form to call someone else out as a liar, picking one "irrefutable" stat that may not even be relevant; and ignoring all other information that refutes it.