These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Asking for help

Author
Ezekeil Crowley
Zeekers's Complete Package
#1 - 2017-07-01 16:36:30 UTC
I have only been playing Eve for a short while and I have searched for an answer to my problem for days now. I am hoping that the community might be of help with this.
I have a manufacturing job is was in a WH, in what once was in an alliance space. It is a static WH, so the 2 skills that I have in que to train up for the distance supply chain management and scientific networking, I am not even sure they would help due to its location in a static WH. I will not have access to, nor be able to enter the WH to cancel the job. Am I just going to have to live with one less job que for the rest of my life in EvE?
Any help, another work around for this would be great. Thanks
PS I already have a ticket in to CCP, but im losing out on my production while I am still waiting for a reply.
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-07-01 16:55:27 UTC
Hire some mercs to kill the citadel, problem solved. Twisted
Ezekeil Crowley
Zeekers's Complete Package
#3 - 2017-07-01 17:15:17 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Hire some mercs to kill the citadel, problem solved. Twisted


So hiring someone to scan down a static WH fight off a quite large alliance to kill a station? I don't even think a go fund me account would be enough to pay for that....
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#4 - 2017-07-01 19:12:54 UTC
Alternatively, you can...

- Negotiate with the current group/alliance so that you can pop in, get your stuff and get out.
--------- Be sociable, friendly, and pop in a joke or two if you can (even if the people you are talking with are not).
--------- You may have to pay, but be wary and don't give anything "up front").

- Join the group/alliance in question so you have access.
--------- Be sociable, friendly, and pop in a joke or two if you can (even if the people you are talking with are not).
--------- You should not have to pay anything or give anything for this, but instead run through some tests and "interviews."

- Join a group/alliance that is at odds with the group in question. Your interests and goals may be the same and you can bond over that.

- Hire someone to help: This does not necessarily mean "hire an army." It can also mean that you find someone who can assist in sneaking in and sneaking out.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#5 - 2017-07-01 20:10:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Ezekeil Crowley wrote:
I have only been playing Eve for a short while and I have searched for an answer to my problem for days now. I am hoping that the community might be of help with this.
I have a manufacturing job is was in a WH, in what once was in an alliance space. It is a static WH, so the 2 skills that I have in que to train up for the distance supply chain management and scientific networking, I am not even sure they would help due to its location in a static WH. I will not have access to, nor be able to enter the WH to cancel the job. Am I just going to have to live with one less job que for the rest of my life in EvE?
Any help, another work around for this would be great. Thanks
PS I already have a ticket in to CCP, but im losing out on my production while I am still waiting for a reply.


Eve scout enclave, the WH group who put in place cans to save people who get lost in WH space, contact them with the WH you have the job in, they will locate it for you, then train up your skills so you can do things remotely and then get in the WH and see if you can cancel the jobs remotely. I am not sure how this works but if you do that and you cannot cancel the jobs then petition it as super bad game design.

EvE-Scout Enclave is the alliance, they are very very good, I make a point of never shooting them...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Ezekeil Crowley
Zeekers's Complete Package
#6 - 2017-07-02 00:07:41 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Ezekeil Crowley wrote:
I have only been playing Eve for a short while and I have searched for an answer to my problem for days now. I am hoping that the community might be of help with this.
I have a manufacturing job is was in a WH, in what once was in an alliance space. It is a static WH, so the 2 skills that I have in que to train up for the distance supply chain management and scientific networking, I am not even sure they would help due to its location in a static WH. I will not have access to, nor be able to enter the WH to cancel the job. Am I just going to have to live with one less job que for the rest of my life in EvE?
Any help, another work around for this would be great. Thanks
PS I already have a ticket in to CCP, but im losing out on my production while I am still waiting for a reply.


Eve scout enclave, the WH group who put in place cans to save people who get lost in WH space, contact them with the WH you have the job in, they will locate it for you, then train up your skills so you can do things remotely and then get in the WH and see if you can cancel the jobs remotely. I am not sure how this works but if you do that and you cannot cancel the jobs then petition it as super bad game design.

EvE-Scout Enclave is the alliance, they are very very good, I make a point of never shooting them...


Thanks for all the information. I did try Eve scout enclave, but the reply for them was they are more for getting folks out of a WH not so much scanning down one to enter.
None the less the issue has been resolved, and I would like to thank everyone for there help and suggestions. It is nice to see the community involvement here. It is one of the better aspects that makes EvE special and stand apart from other games.
Thanks again and Fly Safe 07