These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

An Idea: Because I am bored for the moment.

Author
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#701 - 2017-06-08 08:40:58 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Halcyon Ember wrote:

If you could live as another Capsuleer for a day, who would you choose?

Do you mean 'live as' as living a life like theirs or by being them for a day? If it is the latter then my answer is Lunarisse Aspenstar. Just so I can experiance the joy of being a mother again.

If you could travel back in time to relive a part of your past. Which would it be?




That time as a toddler when the Fenrir I was born in was venting atmosphere and crashing into a planet.

Because I couldn't remember that event. Like seriously. I can't. And yet it's such an important event.

When's the last time you slept in a stock Captain's Quarter?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Black Advent
#702 - 2017-06-08 22:04:43 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:

When's the last time you slept in a stock Captain's Quarter?


Ah. Last night. After the forensic cleaning crew went in with the bleach and decontaminated the place.

(An object lesson against the personal introspection into one's own personal id and psychological shadow to find emotional catharsis with black trash bag in hand).

What's really Beyond The Door of your CQ?

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Mika Firestorm
Your Friendly Neighborhood Logistics
#703 - 2017-06-11 15:49:47 UTC
Veikitamo Gesakaarin wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

When's the last time you slept in a stock Captain's Quarter?


Ah. Last night. After the forensic cleaning crew went in with the bleach and decontaminated the place.

(An object lesson against the personal introspection into one's own personal id and psychological shadow to find emotional catharsis with black trash bag in hand).

What's really Beyond The Door of your CQ?

Station corridor.

What's your favorite hologame?

State the nature of your medical emergency

Loai Qerl
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#704 - 2017-06-11 16:17:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Loai Qerl
Mika Firestorm wrote:


What's your favorite hologame?


Firmament. It's a farming simulator and you have to build the farm and repair the farm and fight bandits and deal with terrible weather. And breed livestock, but they sort of gloss over that part. If you give them food and shelter and all the conditions are right, sometimes you just wander out into the yard and there is a baby goat! Or a pair of shep, or a little rhenu, or whatever. They made them VERY cute.

Also, when the farm floods or burns they just run away. So that's good.


What is the single thing you most wish you had bought, but did not?
Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Black Advent
#705 - 2017-06-11 16:40:52 UTC
Loai Qerl wrote:

What is the single thing you most wish you had bought, but did not?


An ivory handle straight razor in an antique shop in Pimebeka.

What ship would you say best describes your enemy and why?

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#706 - 2017-06-11 18:18:38 UTC
Veikitamo Gesakaarin wrote:
Loai Qerl wrote:

What is the single thing you most wish you had bought, but did not?


An ivory handle straight razor in an antique shop in Pimebeka.

What ship would you say best describes your enemy and why?

Tristan.
Green, weak, annoying drone-loving boat like GALLENTE.

What would you do with your worst enemy if you capture it alive?

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Mizhir
Escalated.
Project Gungnir.
#707 - 2017-06-11 19:14:18 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

What would you do with your worst enemy if you capture it alive?

I would make him tell where my daughter is. By any means nescessary.

What is the most embarrassing episode in your life (or atleast the one you would admit here)?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Jade Blackwind
#708 - 2017-06-11 20:37:51 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
What is the most embarrassing episode in your life (or atleast the one you would admit here)?
My Voluval ritual, or whatever kneejerk approximation of it the clan crones could devise back on Thelan IV many years ago. Swearing life-time allegiance to a certain well-known Blood Raider doesn't come even nearly close to that.

On the contrary:

What is the episode in your life that you'd like to remember in the final seconds before your ultimate and true death?
Jev North
Doomheim
#709 - 2017-06-12 12:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jev North
A couple of memories come to mind. The one you gutter-brains are all getting is a bit diffuse, though.

I remember setting up in Arnola, the back end of Derelik, after I'd decided I no longer owed Ghost Festival or the Cartel much in the way of loyalty anymore. I'd struck out on my own, to lose myself (and plenty of ships) in solo combat. I wasn't hugely successful, (and still am not, to be fair,) but every frigate I hauled into my shoddy little FOB felt like a vital building block to future success, every undock was an adventure, and every cocky Rifter pilot suddenly de-shipped a major victory.

I wouldn't mind going out like that. Not because I think death will be some kind of grand adventure -- I've been on a day-trip there, it's a bore -- but because it'd be nice to find that general mood again at all, and just before I kick the final bucket is the last possible moment.

What do you figure will do you in for the last time, anyway?

Even though our love is cruel; even though our stars are crossed.

Halcyon Ember
Repracor Industries
#710 - 2017-06-12 13:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Halcyon Ember
Jev North wrote:
A couple of memories come to mind. The one you gutter-brains are all getting is a bit diffuse, though.

I remember setting up in Arnola, the back end of Derelik, after I'd decided I no longer owed Ghost Festival or the Cartel much in the way of loyalty anymore. I'd struck out on my own, to lose myself (and plenty of ships) in solo combat. I wasn't hugely successful, (and still am not, to be fair,) but every frigate I hauled into my shoddy little FOB felt like a vital building block to future success, every undock was an adventure, and every cocky Rifter pilot suddenly de-shipped a major victory.

I wouldn't mind going out like that. Not because I think death will be some kind of grand adventure -- I've been on a day-trip there, it's a bore -- but because it'd be nice to find that general mood again at all, and just before I kick the final bucket is the last possible moment.

What do you figure will do you in for the last time, anyway?


Hopefully chocolate based drowning. It seems the least embarrassing option.

What is your worst childhood memory?

Queen of Chocolate

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#711 - 2017-06-13 01:29:37 UTC
Halcyon Ember wrote:
Jev North wrote:
A couple of memories come to mind. The one you gutter-brains are all getting is a bit diffuse, though.

I remember setting up in Arnola, the back end of Derelik, after I'd decided I no longer owed Ghost Festival or the Cartel much in the way of loyalty anymore. I'd struck out on my own, to lose myself (and plenty of ships) in solo combat. I wasn't hugely successful, (and still am not, to be fair,) but every frigate I hauled into my shoddy little FOB felt like a vital building block to future success, every undock was an adventure, and every cocky Rifter pilot suddenly de-shipped a major victory.

I wouldn't mind going out like that. Not because I think death will be some kind of grand adventure -- I've been on a day-trip there, it's a bore -- but because it'd be nice to find that general mood again at all, and just before I kick the final bucket is the last possible moment.

What do you figure will do you in for the last time, anyway?


Hopefully chocolate based drowning. It seems the least embarrassing option.

What is your worst childhood memory?


Getting swindled back in Skarkon II. Sahaal Bazaar. After getting lost. Never trusted another Skarkonite not bearing the Clan Marks since then.

What's the worst designed station you had ever docked in?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Akkad Akaya
The Abrahadabra Institute
#712 - 2017-06-16 20:49:55 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Halcyon Ember wrote:
Jev North wrote:
A couple of memories come to mind. The one you gutter-brains are all getting is a bit diffuse, though.

I remember setting up in Arnola, the back end of Derelik, after I'd decided I no longer owed Ghost Festival or the Cartel much in the way of loyalty anymore. I'd struck out on my own, to lose myself (and plenty of ships) in solo combat. I wasn't hugely successful, (and still am not, to be fair,) but every frigate I hauled into my shoddy little FOB felt like a vital building block to future success, every undock was an adventure, and every cocky Rifter pilot suddenly de-shipped a major victory.

I wouldn't mind going out like that. Not because I think death will be some kind of grand adventure -- I've been on a day-trip there, it's a bore -- but because it'd be nice to find that general mood again at all, and just before I kick the final bucket is the last possible moment.

What do you figure will do you in for the last time, anyway?


Hopefully chocolate based drowning. It seems the least embarrassing option.

What is your worst childhood memory?


Getting swindled back in Skarkon II. Sahaal Bazaar. After getting lost. Never trusted another Skarkonite not bearing the Clan Marks since then.

What's the worst designed station you had ever docked in?


Amarr, Emperor Family Bureau - or Academy as they call it now. It's a historical site but that's all it should be. It's the prime destination for our Crusaders for reshipping and short shore leave but it's a death trap, docking and undocking leaves one extremely vulnerable due to the outdated placement of the docking bay and its tunnel-like nature. It's an out dated design that has been held up in Amarrian bureaucracy for the mere fact that it is old. With the Upwell Consortium's innovations it's becoming harder and harder to justify this shibboleth's existence, yet it still stands, mocking every Amarrian who would like to see us be progressive and competitive instead of behind the times for 100 years.

Architectural preservation is not part of the Amarrian religion, and it is a tactical error to allow this structure to continue to stand. Turn it into a museum, or a hotel, but don't allow it to remain the market hub for the entire Empire.

What constitutes Will?
Aos Rollard
Marryat Interstellar Corporation
#713 - 2017-06-21 05:46:59 UTC
Akkad Akaya wrote:

Amarr, Emperor Family Bureau - or Academy as they call it now. It's a historical site but that's all it should be. It's the prime destination for our Crusaders for reshipping and short shore leave but it's a death trap, docking and undocking leaves one extremely vulnerable due to the outdated placement of the docking bay and its tunnel-like nature. It's an out dated design that has been held up in Amarrian bureaucracy for the mere fact that it is old. With the Upwell Consortium's innovations it's becoming harder and harder to justify this shibboleth's existence, yet it still stands, mocking every Amarrian who would like to see us be progressive and competitive instead of behind the times for 100 years.

Architectural preservation is not part of the Amarrian religion, and it is a tactical error to allow this structure to continue to stand. Turn it into a museum, or a hotel, but don't allow it to remain the market hub for the entire Empire.

What constitutes Will?


Hmm...maybe the grand sum of every single action that you've taken over the course of your entire life? As a follower of Ida, I personally believe that the Will is an intangible 'thing' that doesn't reide within your body, but are instead your choices and how they affect you over time.

If an apple falls into the backyard of a farmer, who gets to eat that apple?

What all Capsuleers should know about the dangers of reliance on cloning: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6980876#post6980876

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#714 - 2017-06-21 06:25:07 UTC
Aos Rollard wrote:
Akkad Akaya wrote:

Amarr, Emperor Family Bureau - or Academy as they call it now. It's a historical site but that's all it should be. It's the prime destination for our Crusaders for reshipping and short shore leave but it's a death trap, docking and undocking leaves one extremely vulnerable due to the outdated placement of the docking bay and its tunnel-like nature. It's an out dated design that has been held up in Amarrian bureaucracy for the mere fact that it is old. With the Upwell Consortium's innovations it's becoming harder and harder to justify this shibboleth's existence, yet it still stands, mocking every Amarrian who would like to see us be progressive and competitive instead of behind the times for 100 years.

Architectural preservation is not part of the Amarrian religion, and it is a tactical error to allow this structure to continue to stand. Turn it into a museum, or a hotel, but don't allow it to remain the market hub for the entire Empire.

What constitutes Will?


Hmm...maybe the grand sum of every single action that you've taken over the course of your entire life? As a follower of Ida, I personally believe that the Will is an intangible 'thing' that doesn't reide within your body, but are instead your choices and how they affect you over time.

If an apple falls into the backyard of a farmer, who gets to eat that apple?



The worms. The farmer won't notice until the worms have a bite, considering that this is the backyard where he wouldn't be paying much attention to, rather than the orchard, which he will pay attention to.

Does a corovid crap on the trees?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#715 - 2017-06-21 22:13:56 UTC
They might on Houdea, but not elsewhere, as the steppes have no trees.

What name would you choose for Miss Daphiti's newborn son, and why?
Hetu Hegirin
Native Freshfood
#716 - 2017-06-21 23:28:25 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
They might on Houdea, but not elsewhere, as the steppes have no trees.

What name would you choose for Miss Daphiti's newborn son, and why?

Purely hypothetical, since I cannot presume to interfere in such intimate matters, but by the New Eden Standard Calendar I believe it is still the onset of summer. As such, for a newborn boy I might choose a name to reflect that... Estibal, perhaps.

How will you mark the passing of the season, or do you even follow the calendar manifested by YC?
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#717 - 2017-06-22 03:51:50 UTC
Hetu Hegirin wrote:


How will you mark the passing of the season, or do you even follow the calendar manifested by YC?


I don't. Out here, the calendar isn't as important as planetside since most of our activities are unaffected by seasons. Unless wars, mass-ganks and other major capsuleer ops are planned seasonally on a calendar, that whole calendar thing isn't too important for me.

The only reason I look at the calendar once in a while is to make sure I didn't miss Winter Solstice feast (or get chewed out by clan), or anniversaries (so I do not miss on the chance to be extra affectionate and doting).

On the other hand, I place more importance on the clock because that 24 hour period actually is relevant to our activities. Minutes and seconds can be the difference between profit and success or loss and failure.

It is understood that the YC calendar may not sync well with planetary season due to deviations in planet mass and size and the length of orbit. What steps do you take to reconcile the difference, if you do so?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#718 - 2017-06-22 10:51:28 UTC
I guess I don't, really. Whenever I go somewhere, I usually just check the weather forecast for the time I will stay there.

If a good friend told you about something they witnessed, and their testimony could potentially convict a murderer, but they dared not go to the police out of fear for themselves or their loved ones, you can not protect them if they did, and your own second hand testimony would not suffice for a conviction, what would you do?
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#719 - 2017-06-22 11:35:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Che Biko wrote:
I guess I don't, really. Whenever I go somewhere, I usually just check the weather forecast for the time I will stay there.

If a good friend told you about something they witnessed, and their testimony could potentially convict a murderer, but they dared not go to the police out of fear for themselves or their loved ones, you can not protect them if they did, and your own second hand testimony would not suffice for a conviction, what would you do?


I'm a frakking capsuleer! I will call in many proxies to secure his or her loved ones or incapacitate the murderer while the witness rats him out. There is also the option of calling in many proxies and arrange for the murder of the murderer.

Before you point out that the murderer could be a capsuleer, I myself will point out that if he is a capsuleer, he wouldn't have given a whit about convictions in court or anything. He would have just left the system. Not to mention the local police officers would not even consider arresting him due to the risks involved in doing so.

What can you do as a capsuleer beyond flying a spaceship with your mind that you previously can't as a baseliner?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.