These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Jump freighters

Author
John Keiko
Lonestar Industry INC
#1 - 2017-06-19 15:16:23 UTC
How about jump freighter being able to jump in HS.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2017-06-19 15:40:06 UTC
Why?

Is cynoing from station to station in low-sec not already safe enough?
Or are you simply too lazy to slowboat from lowsec to high-sec?

Not even Black Ops and covert cynos (which bypass normal cynos jamming) can be done in high-sec.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-06-19 16:33:41 UTC
Trying to make one of the safest ships for transporting goods even safer?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#4 - 2017-06-19 16:51:45 UTC
Jump freighters can jump "in" highsec. You just can't light a cyno in highsec so they can only jump to low or null.

So: the restriction is the cyno, not the ship.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#5 - 2017-06-19 17:18:12 UTC
Came here hoping for a 'remove JF from the game thread' .... sigh
Elenahina
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-06-19 17:59:43 UTC
John Keiko wrote:
How about jump freighter being able to jump in HS.

No. That is all.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-06-19 18:19:43 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing their fatigue reduction removed, at least.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#8 - 2017-06-19 18:23:41 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Only if CCP gets rid of that useless moon mineral and ore distribution differences so that you can actually live without having to import goo/goo products and ore from other places. If that's not met, both of your contributions hit a very big nail into the nullsec coffin.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Axure Abbacus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-06-20 00:14:46 UTC
How about giving it 3 high slots and 3 medium slots and the fitting of an assault frigate? You do something for a 7 billion bill. The design is very one sided.

It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#10 - 2017-06-20 10:49:45 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Only if CCP gets rid of that useless moon mineral and ore distribution differences so that you can actually live without having to import goo/goo products and ore from other places. If that's not met, both of your contributions hit a very big nail into the nullsec coffin.

I see your point. Null income is pretty much in the toilet right now. You guys sure could use a leg up.

Non sarcastic: Complaining about being nailed into a 9 bedroom, 5 bath, indoor pool equipped (and on and on) coffin is what I would call a first world gaming problem.

Let's be honest here. Supers are out of control. Mining is out of control. Annom farming is out of control. And your concern is what??? JF need a buff??? Please get a large metal pot and wooden spoon. Put the pot over your head and start to smack the pot with the wooden spoon. I'll tell you when you can stop.
Axure Abbacus
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-06-20 14:20:25 UTC
Black ops cynos get first dibs in hi sec. Called it here. Thanks.

It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2017-06-20 15:59:55 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

I see your point. Null income is pretty much in the toilet right now. You guys sure could use a leg up.

Non sarcastic: Complaining about being nailed into a 9 bedroom, 5 bath, indoor pool equipped (and on and on) coffin is what I would call a first world gaming problem.

Let's be honest here. Supers are out of control. Mining is out of control. Annom farming is out of control. And your concern is what??? JF need a buff??? Please get a large metal pot and wooden spoon. Put the pot over your head and start to smack the pot with the wooden spoon. I'll tell you when you can stop.

Translation : Grrrrr people wanting to make advanced industry in conquerable space.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#13 - 2017-06-20 16:08:34 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Translation : Grrrrr people wanting to make advanced industry in conquerable space.

No it's: Grrrrrr mindless risk averse numpties are ruining the game Big smile

I've built T3s (the full line) several times on and off in WH space. Different WH to boot. I think T3 production is pretty much the high end as far as industry goes. Setting up advanced industry does not need JF being able to cyno into and out of HS. I would think that if null wants to be self sufficient (as it often claims to want), cutting the JF-JITA umbilical cord would actually get it there quicker than anything null has lobbied for. I've never understood why null entities haven't lobbied to get rid of JF all together. Perhaps you could enlighten me. Why is it the big entities haven't banned JF use in their space to promote self reliance?? Do tell - I'm all ears!

My actual point is that there are enough very large and moderately large problems with how null is working right now. Adding HS cyno ability for JF is hopefully not a priority.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2017-06-21 21:35:54 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

It isn't the income FFS. It is the ability to import and export. You can have all the ISK in the game, but if importing and exporting is difficult you won't be able to buy much while down in NS.

It isn't a mansion people are nailed into, but an empty house. To get stuff you either:

1. Make it yourself, see the point about moon goo and other regional distribution issues of resources.
2. Import the items.

As for the growth of ISK and mining...finally, you have a point. Congratulations. But your solution is to....nerf jump freighters? What in the ****? Let me guess when you get a headache you go kick the neighbors cat to make it go away right? That is what you are talking about. Removing something that has little to nothing to do with the problem. Nerf the ships causing a problem. Don't go nerfing a ship that is not the problem.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2017-06-21 21:42:46 UTC
Axure Abbacus wrote:
How about giving it 3 high slots and 3 medium slots and the fitting of an assault frigate? You do something for a 7 billion bill. The design is very one sided.

The last time slots were given the ships were first nerfed. You got back to your cargo space with expanders. You got back to your EHP with blukheads.

Maybe you should be more careful what you ask for you might just get it good and hard where you do not want it.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Axure Abbacus
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2017-06-23 07:31:16 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Axure Abbacus wrote:

The last time slots were given the ships were first nerfed. You got back to your cargo space with expanders. You got back to your EHP with blukheads.

Maybe you should be more careful what you ask for you might just get it good and hard where you do not want it.

I know,right? Still sitting on a jump print for ages for when I want to quarter my freighters hold. So what would snowflake jumping status cost? All resists? It magically tears out skill extractors Frome the pilots skill points as drops? Awesomeness.

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#17 - 2017-06-23 12:45:31 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
It isn't a mansion people are nailed into, but an empty house. To get stuff you either:

1. Make it yourself, see the point about moon goo and other regional distribution issues of resources.
2. Import the items.

Seems to me this is game working as intended.
Did it ever cross your mind that null is not supposed to be self sufficient?
Maybe you are supposed to form strategic alliances with others in order to give you access to everything you need?
Maybe you are supposed to trade some of the stuff you have in abundance to another area in exchange for the stuff you are short on?

Nul got a huge buff to mining and mineral distributions awhile back and you still complain about not being able to source everything you need, did it ever cross your mind that you folks in nul are working against the games design? Perhaps CCP does not want you to have an unlimited source of materials locally as a way of FORCING you to interact with the rest of the players in nul sec?

Mining in nul just got another huge buff with the changes to the Rorqual and still you complain about not being able to source all your stuff locally? Again to me this is game working as intended, make friends or go out and conquer those who have what you need. Alternatively you could scale back production and the things you are producing to a level that you can support with materials sourced locally.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#18 - 2017-06-26 14:09:00 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:

2. Import the items.

Seems to me this is game working as intended.
Did it ever cross your mind that null is not supposed to be self sufficient?
Maybe you are supposed to form strategic alliances with others in order to give you access to everything you need?
Maybe you are supposed to trade some of the stuff you have in abundance to another area in exchange for the stuff you are short on?

Nul got a huge buff to mining and mineral distributions awhile back and you still complain about not being able to source everything you need, did it ever cross your mind that you folks in nul are working against the games design? Perhaps CCP does not want you to have an unlimited source of materials locally as a way of FORCING you to interact with the rest of the players in nul sec?

Mining in nul just got another huge buff with the changes to the Rorqual and still you complain about not being able to source all your stuff locally? Again to me this is game working as intended, make friends or go out and conquer those who have what you need. Alternatively you could scale back production and the things you are producing to a level that you can support with materials sourced locally.

You've got it all wrong. Goo isn't spread out across null to promote strategic alliances. It was spread out to promote conflict. Then a bunch of you asshats took a perfectly good epic space combat game and went corporate with it. I'd love to put your in game blue donut snuggly around your in game neck, add some water and watch it shrink 3 sizes until words like friends, blues, strategic allies and all related nonsense were no longer able to cross your mind.

You've got it right that game design does force interaction. You've got it wrong when you think strategic alliance and trade partner. You're supposed to be blowing each other up, not blowing each other. That's where you ninnies have wandered off the true path.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#19 - 2017-06-26 14:21:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Conflict. I have not heard a better joke in a while, but maybe we have different definitions of the word. When was the last time that a major null sec holding alliance had to defend their towers?

That aside and to your response from the 20th to my post as well as your latest response: This interaction will work marvelously if your major means of transportation can only travel small jumps, the next best thing is too small to transport sufficient quantities and the worst thing to transport sufficient quantities is impossible to defend on the trek because we are supposed to blow ourselves up. Not to mention that CCP has created such wonderful tools to actually allow people to trade with each other efficiently and without running the constant risk of getting screwed over by either party and as result being left behind with nothing but a blown up oil tanker like the one recently in Pakistan. A truly marvelous and enjoyable situation ... Oh wait, I am talking about another game. My bad.

Furthermore, please tell me where I wrote something about a buff to JFs. I would be intrigued to see this piece of text. As far as I can tell I only said that replacing the status quo with even more utterly annoying tedium will have adverse effects on the big comfy coffin. If you want a hand with the metal pot, let me know. Roll
The other issues I agree with, but that's CCP fault. One day, they want everyone in the big toys and break the game to enable that (carrier rebalance with ridiculous DPS and and fancy focus on active gameplay). The other day they find that things progress too quickly and get out of hand and fail to fix things back to normal. That is because of their stupid approach of giving the players stupidly OP toys to have fun with and then murder them back down to normal after players have been having too much fun with them for months/years, which in turn makes the players rage over the nerfs. Same goes for mining.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Axure Abbacus
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2017-06-26 17:09:50 UTC
Back to Jump freighters? Being able to IDCLIP through high security space doesn't sound EVE. Even if one day we gets magic wormhole cannons from Sansha its not going on a jump freighter.

12Next page