These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rogue Swarm Accelerators INCREASED training time

Author
ExiledPotato
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-06-17 14:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ExiledPotato
Alright, so I got my first rogue swarm accelerator and thought "awesome, plus 10 to all stats, sweet! Now I take and see that some of my skills such as gunnery level 5 which originally took 9 days to train will now take 12 days.

Am I missing something? Is there a bug in here or do I just don't understand how stats work? Every skill seems to have time ADDED to its training duration.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me make sense out of all of this.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2017-06-17 14:48:33 UTC
When you consume the accelerator you should see the timer int the top left of your screen with the lightning bolt and you should also see the lightning bolt beside the skills that will benefit from the booster. These skills should show reduced training time. The training time displayed will only be accurate if you maintain the boost until the skill completes.

This is how it works for Omegas. 9 days for Gunnery 5 tells me you are training at Alpha speed and this is the first event where boosters and Alphas have combined. Wouldn't surprise me if there is an error in the calculation. I would file a bug report.
ExiledPotato
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-06-17 14:51:13 UTC
Thanks Do Little, I'll try and log with a bug report and see what happens.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#4 - 2017-06-17 15:15:08 UTC
Skorpynekomimi
#5 - 2017-06-17 21:44:02 UTC
If this is not a bug, I am speechless. That would be the ultimate troll by CCP, and a serious lesson on not plugging strange things into your head.

Maybe it's trying to turn your implants into another rogue drone?

Economic PVP

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#6 - 2017-06-18 00:04:35 UTC
It's a booster not an implant, just saiyan.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Memphis Baas
#7 - 2017-06-18 00:48:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
From past experience, if you have a skill being trained that is LONGER than the duration of the attribute booster, the time for that skill will be shown wrong. Your client doesn't know how to deal with attributes going back to normal while your skill is still training.

EDIT: it's a client display bug, if you keep track of the days trained while on the booster, and the days trained after the booster expires, they'll add up to the benefits that you SHOULD be getting.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#8 - 2017-06-18 01:17:52 UTC
Confirmed. It shows no change to my 100 day queue but actually sheds off several hours of training daily.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2017-06-18 03:07:44 UTC
It only displays 24-48 hours of change for when the boosters actually running.
For me it takes about 33% off my training.

9+ days > 6 days.
But since mine only lasts for 43days it shows as about 8days in my queue.
I need the boosters active for a full 6 days to actually get the 6 day timer. CCP should just let us stack them since deathcloning and clone jumping don't affect the booster.
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2017-06-18 04:23:08 UTC
i took one and it didnt seem to do much
i mean it reduced the training time
but not as much as i would expect for 10 whole points
Memphis Baas
#11 - 2017-06-19 00:07:52 UTC
Well, 10 points is, if your Int attribute goes from 23 to 33, that's 33/23 = 43% bonus. Unfortunately, it's only for a few days. So another way to calculate it is, 10 extra skill points / minute = 100k skill points in a week (50k if you're Alpha). It's less than a skill injector.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#12 - 2017-06-19 03:16:30 UTC
If however you went from 33 (perfect remap plus implants) to 43, It's nowhere near as much bonus time relatively. It's still the same number of bonus SP during that time though, that won't change no matter if you are training on or off map, or what implants you have. But how much it actually impacts your training will change based on that
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#13 - 2017-06-19 05:54:26 UTC
Guess we have to have this thread every time there's an event that drops accels, huh?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#14 - 2017-06-19 07:09:14 UTC