These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Proof Max Singularity is a terrorist and is supported by terrorists

Author
Akkad Akaya
The Abrahadabra Institute
#41 - 2017-06-18 05:00:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Akkad Akaya
You're lying to control the narrative. A little late for that, so I presume you're feebly trying to rewrite history.

The Empire intercepted the orders that were given. The FC's, capsuleers and baseliner soldiers of the Imperium were ordered to take the stations, set the docking fees to an exorbitant amount to trick capsuleers into draining their bank accounts, and "enjoy the spoils of war" - a direct quote from one of the top CEO's.

The CVA would have been irresponsible not to evacuate those stations having that intel. Do you really think that the CVA is going to leave women and children at the tender mercies of hardened enemy pirates dragging their filth and godless perversions through their sacred halls?

It was no secret the hatred the Imperium was fomenting in its "citizens" against the good people of Providence. One of the few times we ever saw a significant showing of the Imperium in the IGS was during that time - in order to mock the terrified people of Providence. Do I really need to drag this **** out and show it to you? It's on the public record, not only in the IGS but in news articles and public opinion.

You know very well **** and torture was not off the menu for many of your people once they had entered the holy stations of Providence. You can't control them, and what's more - you didn't even try. No reassurances were made in the public forum and no orders were intercepted that indicated it was going to be anything less than a bloodbath of **** and torture for citizens of Providence.

Your version of the war is psychotically clean and convenient.

I am near half a millenia old, but I remember every nuanced Sani Sabik cult that has ever existed during my life quite clearly, from the seed of the Blood Raiders to the Flame of Peace. When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about. The picture that your organization paints is that of a classic blooders cult in formation - yet an alarmingly large one. The lies, the hedonism, the sociopathy, the liberalism, the charismatic "saintly" figures, denial of Amarrian religious authority - it all adds up to paint a picture I know very well.
Graelyn
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#42 - 2017-06-18 09:17:57 UTC
Ravana 729 wrote:
You watch old man, we're going to be the next Jovian empire, and you'll regret not staying on board with us.


Lord Above, I sure hope so.

If all other prayers in the cosmos go unanswered, let this one be heard.

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#43 - 2017-06-18 09:24:34 UTC
Don't wish such ill upon New Eden, Gray. A bunch of ego-inflated psychopaths in eggs, rendering themselves sterile, desperate and through whatever divine intervention required for it, technologically superior?

... actually you know what? That'd be an apocalypse I'd watch with some popcorn. I'm with Gray here.
Graelyn
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#44 - 2017-06-18 09:35:49 UTC
I was referring more to that pesky 'extinction' problem they're grappling with.

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#45 - 2017-06-18 09:47:19 UTC
I'm more worried (and entertained) by the time period preceding that.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2017-06-18 13:52:16 UTC
Akkad Akaya wrote:
The Empire intercepted the orders that were given. The FC's, capsuleers and baseliner soldiers of the Imperium were ordered to take the stations, set the docking fees to an exorbitant amount to trick capsuleers into draining their bank accounts, and "enjoy the spoils of war" - a direct quote from one of the top CEO's.

The CVA would have been irresponsible not to evacuate those stations having that intel. Do you really think that the CVA is going to leave women and children at the tender mercies of hardened enemy pirates dragging their filth and godless perversions through their sacred halls?


Ah, the 'spoils of war' argument... that means the money, moron. What 'spoils' do you really think an organization like ours is going to focus on? Are you such an idiot that you think we were actually going to dock in any of those stations? That would have been a great way to get ourselves stuck, if not murdered by the residents. A few hundred crew vs the entire population of a station. Not good odds.

Quote:

It was no secret the hatred the Imperium was fomenting in its "citizens" against the good people of Providence. One of the few times we ever saw a significant showing of the Imperium in the IGS was during that time - in order to mock the terrified people of Providence. Do I really need to drag this **** out and show it to you? It's on the public record, not only in the IGS but in news articles and public opinion.


Oh! It's in public opinion! Then it MUST be true! Because we all know that random idiots in New Eden know more about what's going on in the swarm that a member of the Directorate does! I know what was said on the IGS—I was the principle person saying it.

Quote:
You know very well **** and torture was not off the menu for many of your people once they had entered the holy stations of Providence.


Again with this idiotic assertion. Nobody was docking in the Providence stations. Docking in a nullsec station surrounded by enemies rather than going the 4 jumps back to lowsec is idiotic. What, do you think we brought armies of marines along to pacify the security and civilian populations of those stations? The entire point of the campaign was understanding the intricacies of Entosis Warfare. Incurring additional costs in order to maintain the kind of security presence needed to safely not get murdered by the mobs as soon as we decanted would have been even stupider than your entire diatribe.

And that's without even getting into the idea that we are a bunch of rapine torturers. You might want to curb the projection there, Amarr. We didn't maintain a largely mercantile empire in the north, and establish an even more mercantile empire in Delve, by being the kind of feral slaver hounds you want to make us out to be. That kind of behavior doesn't exactly lend itself to stable, well-socialized behavior within the swarm, either, you know.

Quote:

I am near half a millenia old, but I remember every nuanced Sani Sabik cult that has ever existed during my life quite clearly, from the seed of the Blood Raiders to the Flame of Peace. When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about. The picture that your organization paints is that of a classic blooders cult in formation - yet an alarmingly large one. The lies, the hedonism, the sociopathy, the liberalism, the charismatic "saintly" figures, denial of Amarrian religious authority - it all adds up to paint a picture I know very well.


Then you're a four-hundred-plus year idiot.

The 'hedonism' within the Imperium is no more rampant than it is among any other population in the cluster. Yes, there are some people who get a little crazy. There are also a lot of us who work long days, every day, to make sure the wheels of society keep turning.

And 'liberalism'? What liberalism? This is an authoritarian socialist dictatorship.

As for 'sociopathy', I think you're confusing that with 'tribalism'. Within our society, we all generally get along about as well as members of any society do. Most of us tend to be relatively well-adjusted individuals. Sure, we don't necessarily extend those same social courtesies to those outside the 'tribe', but that's kind of the nature of societies—or are you going to call the Amarr Empire sociopathic because they don't extend the same courtesies and respect to the Republic that they do their own people?

I mean, if that's the hill you want to die on, great. But I really wouldn't advise it. After all, you're the moron who claimed that using women and children as target practice [. . . ] has always been an atrocity in the Amarr Empire no matter what their status was - slave or free." But you really seem to have forgotten such lovely moments as the extermination of Starkman Prime—an entire planet, within the Empire, killed in order to execute one man.

And remember, before you get on your high horse, that that action was not illegal, was not condemned by the Throne when it happened. In fact, the only statement that comes close to an official condemnation of it comes from the man who gave the order. And all he did was say 'ok, now that we've killed everyone on the planet... nobody's allowed to shoot anything on the planet'.

Yeah. There's some moral high ground for you. That's without even getting into the minor, but significant, distinction to be made between your example 'an atrocity in the Amarr Empire', ie: an internal matter of the Empire turning its weapons against its own people 'slave or free', and actions taken against an external population, such as... I don't know, the millions of unarmed women and children who were killed during the Amarr invasion of Matar.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
Jayai Syndicate
#47 - 2017-06-18 18:03:34 UTC
Arrendis wrote:

As for 'sociopathy', I think you're confusing that with 'tribalism'. Within our society, we all generally get along about as well as members of any society do. Most of us tend to be relatively well-adjusted individuals. Sure, we don't necessarily extend those same social courtesies to those outside the 'tribe', but that's kind of the nature of societies—or are you going to call the Amarr Empire sociopathic because they don't extend the same courtesies and respect to the Republic that they do their own people?

It can be argued about does your group fit the criteria of tribalism objectively and if it does what type of tribalism does it fit. Like for example does your members identify with their traditional groups like race, nation and culture or they are ingroup solely based on their political views and agendas.

Also, come on you identified yourself as amoral, so why are you going around moralizing again and again?
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2017-06-18 18:18:12 UTC
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
It can be argued about does your group fit the criteria of tribalism objectively and if it does what type of tribalism does it fit. Like for example does your members identify with their traditional groups like race, nation and culture or they are ingroup solely based on their political views and agendas.

Also, come on you identified yourself as amoral, so why are you going around moralizing again and again?


Being amoral doesn't preclude an understanding of morality. He's the one who raised a moral objection. I'm simply pointing out that not only is his claim (that violence against the innocent is an atrocity within the Empire and would never be tolerated) patently false on the surface, the sheer scope and nature of the events that make it false give him no moral grounds to stand upon.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
Jayai Syndicate
#49 - 2017-06-18 20:29:12 UTC
I agree it's all his fault, get him!
You care too much about moral high ground while identifying as amoral, way too much.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2017-06-18 23:11:19 UTC
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
I agree it's all his fault, get him!
You care too much about moral high ground while identifying as amoral, way too much.


I care about hypocrisy and accuracy. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

For example: your objection to the term 'tribalism' betrays a woefully simplistic view of the social dynamic involved. Tribalism isn't a singular, binary behavior pattern. People can display tribalist behavior on a number of axes at the same time. For example: an Amarr loyalist may display this type of 'us vs them' mentality toward non-Amarr. He can also, when no outsiders are present, engage in a more limited form of precisely the same mentality of tribalism toward other Amarr by receding into 'my corp vs all other Amarr corps', 'my House vs all other Houses', etc.

Similarly, capsuleers in nullsec can exhibit this same kind of behavior toward their affiliations with their alliance, while also displaying the same patterns of behavior on an ethnic basis—though usually, not at the same time. Nothing prevents human beings from holding multiple affiliations simultaneously. Most do, and simply work to minimize the conflict in loyalties. It's all a matter of which group they're identifying with in that moment.
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#51 - 2017-06-19 14:32:18 UTC
Akkad Akaya wrote:

I am near half a millenia old, but I remember every nuanced Sani Sabik cult that has ever existed during my life quite clearly, from the seed of the Blood Raiders to the Flame of Peace. When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about.


Oh this is interesting.

I am quite sure that you have not infiltrated our Church. I think I would have noticed a dude's presence.

Unless you're having a laugh and suggesting we're not a nuanced cult.

Which is of course, a ludicrous proposition !

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Halcyon Ember
Repracor Industries
#52 - 2017-06-19 14:45:28 UTC
Akkad Akaya wrote:
When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about.

So you're saying you're one of the most knowledgeable people as regards occult and heretical practices?

Queen of Chocolate

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2017-06-19 15:19:25 UTC
Halcyon Ember wrote:
Akkad Akaya wrote:
When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about.

So you're saying you're one of the most knowledgeable people as regards occult and heretical practices?


No, he's saying he's participated in more blooder rites than any of the others and he kept going back for more.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#54 - 2017-06-19 18:03:22 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Halcyon Ember wrote:
Akkad Akaya wrote:
When I was still in the business I infiltrated nearly every mutation of this filthy cult and I know what I am talking about.

So you're saying you're one of the most knowledgeable people as regards occult and heretical practices?


No, he's saying he's participated in more blooder rites than any of the others and he kept going back for more.

HERESY! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
Jayai Syndicate
#55 - 2017-06-19 19:47:32 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
I agree it's all his fault, get him!
You care too much about moral high ground while identifying as amoral, way too much.


I care about hypocrisy and accuracy. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

For example: your objection to the term 'tribalism' betrays a woefully simplistic view of the social dynamic involved. Tribalism isn't a singular, binary behavior pattern. People can display tribalist behavior on a number of axes at the same time. For example: an Amarr loyalist may display this type of 'us vs them' mentality toward non-Amarr. He can also, when no outsiders are present, engage in a more limited form of precisely the same mentality of tribalism toward other Amarr by receding into 'my corp vs all other Amarr corps', 'my House vs all other Houses', etc.

Similarly, capsuleers in nullsec can exhibit this same kind of behavior toward their affiliations with their alliance, while also displaying the same patterns of behavior on an ethnic basis—though usually, not at the same time. Nothing prevents human beings from holding multiple affiliations simultaneously. Most do, and simply work to minimize the conflict in loyalties. It's all a matter of which group they're identifying with in that moment.

Revealing hypocrisy and pursuit of accuracy are not tied to moral based reasoning and can be achieved through purely pragmatic arguments devoid of moral overtones.

Now about tribalism. Your depiction of tribalism would be of subjective tribalism and will vary depending on persons ethos evaluation in specific frame of time and situation, objective tribalism would require more severe ties like racial kinship, cultural and historical semblance or uniformity than just personal agendas and ulterior motives.
So if you are going with subjective tribalism as you put it "self/us and them" then I believe there is more fitting term for that - othering.

We both care about accuracy, I guess.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2017-06-19 21:02:35 UTC
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Revealing hypocrisy and pursuit of accuracy are not tied to moral based reasoning and can be achieved through purely pragmatic arguments devoid of moral overtones.


It's kind of impossible to point out the hypocrisy in his assertions against atrocity—itself a moral judgment—without demonstrating the holes in his morality-based position.

Quote:

Now about tribalism. Your depiction of tribalism would be of subjective tribalism and will vary depending on persons ethos evaluation in specific frame of time and situation, objective tribalism would require more severe ties like racial kinship, cultural and historical semblance or uniformity than just personal agendas and ulterior motives.
So if you are going with subjective tribalism as you put it "self/us and them" then I believe there is more fitting term for that - othering.

We both care about accuracy, I guess.


'Othering' is a ridiculous term like 'micro-aggression', and serves no purpose except to attempt to paint certain types of behavior as significantly different from the larger category to which they belong. I'll not use such nonsense, especially not when the issue was whether or not the behavior in question was pathological. It's not. It's a normal human behavior pattern.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#57 - 2017-06-20 03:00:06 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Stuff

I luv you. You say nice things.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
Jayai Syndicate
#58 - 2017-06-20 13:07:54 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Revealing hypocrisy and pursuit of accuracy are not tied to moral based reasoning and can be achieved through purely pragmatic arguments devoid of moral overtones.


It's kind of impossible to point out the hypocrisy in his assertions against atrocity—itself a moral judgment—without demonstrating the holes in his morality-based position.

Why care about moral principles if one is amoral, even using term atrocity as you said is strange for an amoral that supposed to be indifferent. You simply don't fit the criteria of amoral, you do fit as a moralist tho.

Quote:
Quote:

Now about tribalism. Your depiction of tribalism would be of subjective tribalism and will vary depending on persons ethos evaluation in specific frame of time and situation, objective tribalism would require more severe ties like racial kinship, cultural and historical semblance or uniformity than just personal agendas and ulterior motives.
So if you are going with subjective tribalism as you put it "self/us and them" then I believe there is more fitting term for that - othering.

We both care about accuracy, I guess.

'Othering' is a ridiculous term like 'micro-aggression', and serves no purpose except to attempt to paint certain types of behavior as significantly different from the larger category to which they belong. I'll not use such nonsense, especially not when the issue was whether or not the behavior in question was pathological. It's not. It's a normal human behavior pattern.

Ordering things and specializing terms is the epitome of accuracy, you can not shove everything in to one term it makes things convoluted and inaccurate. You are either going for accuracy or generalizing, it's one or the other. Terms aren't ridiculous if they serve the purpose of specifying little differences from the larger category, refusing to use the word when it serves its purpose is just strange.

Saying I care about accuracy and then using broad terms is hypocritical btw.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2017-06-20 14:15:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Why care about moral principles if one is amoral, even using term atrocity as you said is strange for an amoral that supposed to be indifferent.


He used the term atrocity. Just because I don't hold to a set of morals doesn't mean I can't recognize when others do, and when their claims—based on their own moral assertions—explicitly contradict their claims of morality. I'd be very bad at being a pedantic jerk if I wasn't capable of working within their framework when arguing against them, now wouldn't I?

Quote:
Ordering things and specializing terms is the epitome of accuracy, you can not shove everything in to one term it makes things convoluted and inaccurate.


A) You conflate 'accuracy' with 'precision'. Though often used as synonyms, there is a difference. For example: 'A Rokh is a ship' is an accurate statement. It's not a terribly precise statement, though. As a result...

Quote:
You are either going for accuracy or generalizing, it's one or the other.


B) This is not an accurate statement.

Quote:
Terms aren't ridiculous if they serve the purpose of specifying little differences from the larger category, refusing to use the word when it serves its purpose is just strange.


C) Were I attempting to specify little differences from the larger category, I would instead use clearer terms that don't involve assumptions made about what the reader will infer from the term itself. In doing so, I would avoiding using terms coined specifically to be pithy little labels that make the speaker/writer seem like more of an informed authority... like 'othering'.

Quote:
Saying I care about accuracy and then using broad terms is hypocritical btw.


D) Do I even need to point out how this reads when stated by someone inaccurately claiming to care about accuracy?
Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
Drifters Stole My Local
#60 - 2017-06-20 14:42:22 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Red doesn't make a capsuleer a Blooder. Red is an attempt to show aggressiveness.


Nuh uh! I paint red stripes on my ships because it makes them go faster!

On a separate note..I'm actually rather fond of the fact that I know a neat little secret about Max Singularity's corporation.

But I ain't tellin'

He seems nice enough, and I guess our guys kind of like him for some reason (He's interesting!)

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost