These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EXTREMELY rude player base

Author
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#101 - 2012-01-23 22:00:32 UTC
Zofe Stormcaller wrote:
Come back to us when you've been linked to pictures that make your eyes bleed, butt fish for sympathy from your own corp first ;)

Ugh, hasn't spamming fukung links left, right, and centre gotten old, yet?

Ni.

Yaris San
#102 - 2012-01-23 23:11:27 UTC
Eve is best enjoyed when you ignore local.

"All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."

So say we all.

Aldeskwatso
Primus Societas
Crimson Interstellar Alliance
#103 - 2012-01-23 23:43:27 UTC
Just take comfort in the probable fact that the encounter they had with you was probably the highlight of their day.

But really, don't take offense to such obvious low standards in behaviour. Instead, awnser it with a quick slugg
through their hulls or if that aint an option just leave em in your wake. Not to mention the mute button can do wonders.

Reacting to it in any other way is simply added fuel.
Big smile

The biggest obstacle you'll encounter doing anything is yourself.

Alundil
Rolled Out
#104 - 2012-01-23 23:51:17 UTC
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

I was greeted with the following type of comments...

"Dub Step SUXXXXXxxx11!!!!!"

"I hate Dub Step"

"LOL! nice moustache you ******* douchebag ************"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

Here's what you should have said in reply to all the haters:

"Wob Wob Wob Wob wobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwob"

I'm right behind you

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#105 - 2012-01-24 06:55:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

"I hate Dub Step"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

How long have you played this game? 2 hours?
The wast majority of players in this game are good, then there are those that simply cannot act like they are above 5 years old.
They creep up everywhere and generally they can be found in the pvp community.
The sad thing is that CCP allow it as a norm.. ( which says something about CCP )

in short, get used to it... even ccp does it
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#106 - 2012-01-24 07:56:27 UTC
Yaris San wrote:
Eve is best enjoyed when you ignore local.

Heh... did you know the Russians use the constellation channel? Isn't that interesting?

BTW... w/ regards to EvE players being rude....

F*** YOU! F*** YOU UP YOUR ****** ***! F*** YOU RIGHT UP YOUR ****** ***!

Lol

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#107 - 2012-01-24 08:03:11 UTC
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

Ever seen the movie Basketball? Its like that. Its a tactic to make you lose your cool or slip up.

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2012-01-24 10:29:23 UTC
Speaking in local is giving away intel. By speaking you are confirming for everyone that you are at your computer and paying at least a small amount of attention, something they may not know if you let them eat static all night long.

Use local for the perfect intel tool it is and ignore 99% of the words typed in it and whatever you do never ever ever respond. Talk only in other channels to people who may say something worth reading. No one will ever say anything in local worth paying attention to.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

MacrossGalaxy
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#109 - 2012-01-24 10:47:26 UTC
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

were you flying through goons space?
Darkmus Zay
Bedlam.
#110 - 2012-01-24 10:48:45 UTC
All in all, it's because you being there, interrupted their ratting and most likely botting.

And they get mad about that, because it means less digits on the RMT account at their local bank.