These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rogue swarm event

Author
Sethyrh Nakrar
#41 - 2017-06-14 11:06:19 UTC
Well. My storage container in the tradehub is filled with worthless skins(all sizes) again.
That means: The usefullness of this event droped towards 10% for me.
As with the last event.

Praise the Omnissiah!

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2017-06-14 11:24:04 UTC
Cypherous wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Jennifer Starblaze wrote:
I would give it a 5/5 so far, sure the difficulty is a joke, but I am having lots of fun stealing the final spawn from other people, made more or less 2b in 1.5 hours and had a jackdaw going suspect while my bhaalgorn was sitting right on top of it :).

Of course messing with the other players is the most fun in the event, still it is that much fun that I might actually stick around for a couple of days, instead of just reactivating my accounts and then not bothering to log in at all :).

Lol I had a svipul try to steal the can out from under me. Free killmail with a huge number cause he stole my skin and got about 5 feet with it

Silly t3's this is high sec, you have no power here.

We don't need to steal, we just ninja the wreck through ingame mechanics and don't have to go suspect for a few mils worth of junk loot :P

He probably thought that too and then after about 8 seconds he was -996m on his board.
But hey it makes me look better than I am so I'll take it. a free solo kills a free solo kill. I got the same skin that was destroyed a few sites later anyway.
I'm glad he did it lol.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2017-06-14 11:31:19 UTC
Sethyrh Nakrar wrote:
Well. My storage container in the tradehub is filled with worthless skins(all sizes) again.
That means: The usefullness of this event droped towards 10% for me.
As with the last event.

Agreed. I've been farming for Plex to pay for my next month for a meesily 2/500.
And all the skins are dirt cheap now anyway, I was actually able to just go and buy the soecific skins I was aiming at acquiring through this event

I've actually lost money overall because I hopped up and bought a ship to run these efficiently and low and behold the Plex drops are worthless when that was 99% of my focus.
But St least I didn't have to spend alot on an apocalypse kador skin off market.
Technically that saves me from having to buy Plex so ... Idk, meh?

These events don't seem to have a big payday omgwtfholys*** moment unless you happen to be in highsec rigt after downtime to fill the old market orders with the first wave of sites being completed.
No real rare items or drops worth getting.
Clone States
Doomheim
#44 - 2017-06-14 15:07:31 UTC
what kador skins? im looking for an apoc, i have most valimor and wiyrkomi.

Arbitrator Kador SKIN (Permanent)
Archon Kador SKIN (Permanent)
Executioner Kador SKIN (Permanent) *2
Maller Kador SKIN (Permanent)
Punisher Kador SKIN (Permanent)
Revelation Kador SKIN (Permanent) *2
Sigil Kador SKIN (Permanent)

Jeremiah Saken wrote:
What is booster drop rate? Done maybe 10 got 2 so far.

Sounds about right. I've run about 40 and have:

Rogue Swarm Accelerator *7

SKIN *30

PLEX *2

There are some random items like Drone Epidermal Shielding Chunk and Drone Synaptic Relay Wiring.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#45 - 2017-06-14 15:34:00 UTC
Clone States wrote:
Just got my 8th Kador out of about 30 skins so far. Only 1 PLEX.

The Rogue Swarm Accelerators are nice but have only got 4 so far.

The minerals are the same as what drones used to drop.

It drops, I got two yesterday.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Clone States
Doomheim
#46 - 2017-06-15 12:51:56 UTC

If I get one I'll contract it to you.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2017-06-15 13:01:27 UTC
Clone States wrote:

If I get one I'll contract it to you.

I bought one already and immediately got it as a drop after I activated the license
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#48 - 2017-06-15 13:13:07 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
I think the design of the site is perfect for it's real intent, getting people to undock and steal/fight with each other. Twisted
Yes! Finally some praise to the event. It has it's flaws but it's 99% enjoyable.
Less QQ, more fun!
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2017-06-15 13:27:42 UTC
patch notes say the drop tables have been changed, how so? more skin variety? because id love to not get a 9th muninn or claymore skin and get some of the ones im missing lol.

maybe now we will get more plex
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#50 - 2017-06-15 16:19:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mina Sebiestar
Run two day in total first day I farmed greedy gila and that net me with bunch of x type c type gear skins and boosters enough for my chars til they expire I am happily done with event.

These should be more challenging with npc as a focus not after thought

Also reward should be split among two types of sites one type is open for all and can drop good stuff more often another one is behind acc gates with alpha lvl ship access so alphas have more lvl plain field to run these and if you go total douche and want both sites as omega you need to do them in crap of a ship.

That way real sites can get some challenge out npc and not just fly by and grab some loot.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

LUBI MOJA
Samus XII
#51 - 2017-06-15 18:29:39 UTC  |  Edited by: LUBI MOJA
What i don't get is why do some people think that public beacon is their site because they started the site first ?
If someone comes in last second and kills the last spawn, then loot is theirs.

I did some sites, and had super luck while i was warping to site last npc was spawned so i got the kill, and then this guy in local says he'll report me to ccp for stealing his sites.

So in basic words, all the event sites are his and i am not allowed to participate, what kind of logic of eve players is this ?
This is a public event, public beacons, so who gets the loot at the end is decided by the dps of the ship that gets most dps on the last npc.. and some people are reporting this to ccp as some kind of "you stole my loot" now you'll be banned.

This sort of "thinking" is happening across all these events, every time there's an event i get reported because i pick a ship best suited to do sites with best dps.

What?

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade, burn the house down, with lemons™

Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#52 - 2017-06-15 18:48:41 UTC
LUBI MOJA wrote:
What i don't get is why do some people think that public beacon is their site because they started the site first ?
If someone comes in last second and kills the last spawn, then loot is theirs.

I did some sites, and had super luck while i was warping to site last npc was spawned so i got the kill, and then this guy in local says he'll report me to ccp for stealing his sites.

So in basic words, all the event sites are his and i am not allowed to participate, what kind of logic of eve players is this ?
This is a public event, public beacons, so who gets the loot at the end is decided by the dps of the ship that gets most dps on the last npc.. and some people are reporting this to ccp as some kind of "you stole my loot" now you'll be banned.

This sort of "thinking" is happening across all these events, every time there's an event i get reported because i pick a ship best suited to do sites with best dps.

What?
There's this thing called, "common courtesy". Obviously, you've never heard of it.

BTW: I'd beat you like a drum if you entered a site that I'd already started.
LUBI MOJA
Samus XII
#53 - 2017-06-15 19:10:08 UTC
Mollie Mormon wrote:

Yea because all the sites and whole event is yours.
Lol

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade, burn the house down, with lemons™

Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#54 - 2017-06-16 13:29:03 UTC
LUBI MOJA wrote:
Mollie Mormon wrote:

Yea because all the sites and whole event is yours.
Lol

You missed the part where I said, "I'd already started".

If I land and someone has beaten me there, I go onto the next site.

Common Courtesy.
Clone States
Doomheim
#55 - 2017-06-16 14:35:07 UTC
patch notes say the drop tables have been changed, how so? more skin variety? because id love to not get a 9th muninn or claymore skin and get some of the ones im missing lol.

maybe now we will get more plex

I haven't seen any improvement...
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#56 - 2017-06-16 15:05:23 UTC
So far got several capital/ super skins and dozens of accelerators, 0 plex.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2017-06-16 23:17:18 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
So far got several capital/ super skins and dozens of accelerators, 0 plex.

Plex drops are worthless.
You only get 1 Plex.

I've had 3 for a whopping 497 Plex needed next month.
Youre probably losing money with Plex drops.
Marcus Binchiette
Federal Vanguard
#58 - 2017-06-17 02:38:47 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
Scialt wrote:
I kind of have a jealousy/hatred thing going on for all of you who can hit this event right after it is released.

By the time I log in tonight, the profits from these skins will have dropped to pocket change.

Yea, its ridiculous how big the advantage is for players who were able to log in right after server went online. The loot contains SKINS that were traded for 1 bill before the event, so a lucky player with alts could make 10+ bill in the first 30min (~3min per site with good fit). Now all buy orders are filled and the SKINS are worth like 15mill.

I dont know what CCP was thinking when they added rare SKINS to the loot table. They are lost all value within like 1h.

Well you do what you do with any volatile commoditiy. Stockpile them and then wait for the supply to dry up and prices to escalate.
StarterrorPrime
Black Rose Fleet Strategics
#59 - 2017-06-17 02:57:55 UTC
So far I am enjoying my time with this event because sure the boosters are meh, but I have the chance to collect some skins to make my ships a little more flashy, and potentially the ability to trade SKINs for skins. A place to also consider doing this is in NPC nullsec because no one is daring enough to put themselves in that position and your chance of getting a booster is higher.

p.s. Looking to random skins for minmatar ship skins
DMFD Minister
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2017-06-17 05:12:48 UTC  |  Edited by: DMFD Minister
I'm wondering if the event is down. It's supposed to run for a few weeks, but all of the Drone Nests have disappeared for me and I've been through 30-40 systems. Anyone else having this issue? Or is there a max limit to the number of sites you can run?

Edit: Nevermind, my beacons somehow got turned off on the overview.