These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What is this *snip* Thing *snip* that everyone is doing?

First post
Author
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#1 - 2017-06-13 23:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
*snip* Killboards are not permitted. *snip*

Tons of crap going on like this, what is it exactly? I can't figure it out.

It has to more than KB padding.
CMDR-HerpyDerpy Hurishima
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2017-06-13 23:52:16 UTC
Yeah i saw that same killbourd not long ago, i was just thinking "Wot Dafuq?"
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2017-06-13 23:53:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Idiots + money + the average (i.e.predatory) eve player = hilarious killmails like that.

with 36.4 billion of a loot drop that shuttle was the best isk/hr activity in eve , by a fairly large margin.
of corse someone would take advantage
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#4 - 2017-06-13 23:56:24 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Idiots + money + the average (i.e.predatory) eve player = hilarious killmails like that.

with 36.4 billion of a loot drop that shuttle was the best isk/hr activity in eve , by a fairly large margin.
of corse someone would take advantage


So you think this is solely KB stat padding?

The skins are from swarms I assume?
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#5 - 2017-06-14 00:01:03 UTC
It's probably just KB padding.

Although... Are faction war LP payouts still based on destroyed value?

Reality is that the things are worth approximately squat, the game just hasn't caught up with that fact yet.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Koopman van Luxe
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2017-06-14 00:12:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Koopman van Luxe
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
So you think this is solely KB stat padding?

The skins are from swarms I assume?


exactly

all of those skins are now dropping in the Rogue Swarm event, and so their market value has dropped like a rock (Nidhoggur skin was apparently worth billions, now worth millions)

The "estimated value" of the items reported by the game, and the killboard, hasn't caught up yet.

Someone didn't mind wasting a hundred or so million isk on an alt for the lols of padding their killboard by 40b
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-06-14 00:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/62917506/

Tons of crap going on like this, what is it exactly? I can't figure it out.

It has to more than KB padding.



Don't worry, those skins will worth nothing in a few days. In fact they're worth very little right now, it's just the estimated value needs an update.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Clockwork Robot
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2017-06-14 00:29:26 UTC
It's this new exploit where everyone makes threads about exploits knowing that they'll be locked. Then the exploit kicks in, and the thread gets locked.

The interesting thing about it is, if you read the "forum patch notes", they offer you strategies to counter this, like, " do not make threads about exploits", but it's so hard, you know?

It's hard to follow the rules.
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#9 - 2017-06-14 00:33:44 UTC
Clockwork Robot wrote:
It's this new exploit where everyone makes threads about exploits knowing that they'll be locked. Then the exploit kicks in, and the thread gets locked.

The interesting thing about it is, if you read the "forum patch notes", they offer you strategies to counter this, like, " do not make threads about exploits", but it's so hard, you know?

It's hard to follow the rules.


I have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever.

Thanks to all who chipped in their 2 cents.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#10 - 2017-06-14 00:50:53 UTC
he is talking about the forum rules, something you really should read.

He was mentioning this rule.

16. Posting about bugs and exploits is prohibited.

Bugs and exploits should be reported through the proper channels. Bugs should be brought to the attention of CCP by filing a bug report for our Quality Assurance department. More information on filing bug reports can be found here. Discussions about unverified issues in game can cause unnecessary panic in the community. When there is an issue that the EVE Online community needs to be aware of, it will be communicated via an official statement from CCP after thorough investigation.

But as what your are referring to is someone gaming the Zkillboard site and nothing to do with a bug/exploit on EVE sides, I have corrected your title.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#11 - 2017-06-14 01:04:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
ISD Max Trix wrote:
he is talking about the forum rules, something you really should read.

He was mentioning this rule.

16. Posting about bugs and exploits is prohibited.

Bugs and exploits should be reported through the proper channels. Bugs should be brought to the attention of CCP by filing a bug report for our Quality Assurance department. More information on filing bug reports can be found here. Discussions about unverified issues in game can cause unnecessary panic in the community. When there is an issue that the EVE Online community needs to be aware of, it will be communicated via an official statement from CCP after thorough investigation.

But as what your are referring to is someone gaming the Zkillboard site and nothing to do with a bug/exploit on EVE sides, I have corrected your title.
He's also linking KBs in GD.

Is that okay now? Is it situational? Legit question.

Mr Epeen Cool
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#12 - 2017-06-14 01:32:48 UTC
If you all have short memories this same thing happened back when CCP changed the R.A.M. into 1000 lots from singles. Post patch the value was still the same so guys were stuffing haulers full to get the 70billion killmails I think it was trying to outdo each other for top spot on zkills 7 day killboards and such for a week or two till the value changed back again.

Itll happen everytime something like this happens. Though, in light of the FW thing, I would hope that CCP keeps an eye on the FW LP points because of this as that would definitely be a thing atm like the FW farming issue of yesteryear.Roll

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#13 - 2017-06-14 01:39:05 UTC
Wolfhammer™ brand take:



If we went to the mall parking lot and started looking into cars we would be "suspect" in our behavior. Why is cargo scanning not suspect?

It would be nice to let even shuttles transport things in some kind of "wrap" or box that lends a bit of mystery to undock camping. It would also be fun to spoof these campers with throwaway ships, no? Or is this the usual "game favors the kind of person who can hang on the undock all day and deserve to be messed with but there is no mechanic to mess with them" sort of thing that makes Eve that unpopular kid who eats alone? if it's "OK *hurf blurf* to do that *hurf blurf* adaptordieHTFOgobacktoWoW" then it should be OK to mess with them and give them empty piñatas.

If this sort of thing keeps happening, we're going to see a "skin vault" added to the game, and it'll make a lot of players laugh at the mere idea of a "skin vault".

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#14 - 2017-06-14 01:41:45 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Wolfhammer™ brand take:



If we went to the mall parking lot and started looking into cars we would be "suspect" in our behavior. Why is cargo scanning not suspect?

It would be nice to let even shuttles transport things in some kind of "wrap" or box that lends a bit of mystery to undock camping. It would also be fun to spoof these campers with throwaway ships, no? Or is this the usual "game favors the kind of person who can hang on the undock all day and deserve to be messed with but there is no mechanic to mess with them" sort of thing that makes Eve that unpopular kid who eats alone? if it's "OK *hurf blurf* to do that *hurf blurf* adaptordieHTFOgobacktoWoW" then it should be OK to mess with them and give them empty piñatas.

If this sort of thing keeps happening, we're going to see a "skin vault" added to the game, and it'll make a lot of players laugh at the mere idea of a "skin vault".


I like how you're posting this unironically in a thread predominantly about people killing their own alts.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#15 - 2017-06-14 06:25:03 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Wolfhammer™ brand take:



If we went to the mall parking lot and started looking into cars we would be "suspect" in our behavior. Why is cargo scanning not suspect?

It would be nice to let even shuttles transport things in some kind of "wrap" or box that lends a bit of mystery to undock camping. It would also be fun to spoof these campers with throwaway ships, no? Or is this the usual "game favors the kind of person who can hang on the undock all day and deserve to be messed with but there is no mechanic to mess with them" sort of thing that makes Eve that unpopular kid who eats alone? if it's "OK *hurf blurf* to do that *hurf blurf* adaptordieHTFOgobacktoWoW" then it should be OK to mess with them and give them empty piñatas.

If this sort of thing keeps happening, we're going to see a "skin vault" added to the game, and it'll make a lot of players laugh at the mere idea of a "skin vault".


I like how you're posting this unironically in a thread predominantly about people killing their own alts.



wait what?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#16 - 2017-06-14 06:40:54 UTC
Koopman van Luxe wrote:
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
So you think this is solely KB stat padding?

The skins are from swarms I assume?


exactly

all of those skins are now dropping in the Rogue Swarm event, and so their market value has dropped like a rock (Nidhoggur skin was apparently worth billions, now worth millions)

The "estimated value" of the items reported by the game, and the killboard, hasn't caught up yet.

Someone didn't mind wasting a hundred or so million isk on an alt for the lols of padding their killboard by 40b




Ah I see now.


KBs ruin the game. Next.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#17 - 2017-06-16 03:11:03 UTC
Tbh I dont see why CCP cant readjust estimated prices quickly on patch day for such things or even just remove them entirely for a week till the new prices update like they do with some of the new items for a while. Getting rid of them if they know a large price change will occur would entirely stop this from happening entirely.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Black Color
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2017-06-16 09:57:20 UTC
Why are you so ********?

Stop posting on these forums .
Kathern Aurilen
#19 - 2017-06-19 10:37:59 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Idiots + money + the average (i.e.predatory) eve player = hilarious killmails like that.

with 36.4 billion of a loot drop that shuttle was the best isk/hr activity in eve , by a fairly large margin.
of corse someone would take advantage

I seen a kill in jita of 198b in skill injectors kill in a ity5 a month or two ago. I laughed till I cried. Even funnier was that not a single injectors dropped for loot bwwHAHAHA

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!

Forum alt, unskilled in the ways of pewpew!

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#20 - 2017-06-19 11:12:39 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Tbh I dont see why CCP cant readjust estimated prices quickly on patch day for such things or even just remove them entirely for a week till the new prices update like they do with some of the new items for a while. Getting rid of them if they know a large price change will occur would entirely stop this from happening entirely.

Squizz has adjusted all SKINs to 0.01 ISK and recalculated all killmail values for the last 200K killmails just recently.

So doesn't need CCP to do anything. Squizz has it covered already.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."