These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

"Rogue Swarm" Event? Whats this?

First post
Author
Lyta Alexander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights
#41 - 2017-06-12 11:47:25 UTC
Karmi Xaoc wrote:
Are there any considerations about the fit for the farm?

Exactly what I was just thinking, I will take my semi-pimp Osprey Navy I think this can handle up to BC sites easy. Cant find any guides or streamers who have put anything from the test server yet either.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#42 - 2017-06-12 12:45:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I think some shield tank with explosive hardener and good projection and application of dps to get those small pesky webbing and disrupting drones. My favourite are drones, to fight the drones.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2017-06-13 14:29:19 UTC
Please check out this news item Rogue Swarm Alert! Get involved! for further info about this new event.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

JC Mieyli
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2017-06-13 14:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Mieyli
guess ill keep hold of these skins for a couple of years
maybe they will be rare

atron valimor
charon wiyrkomi
crucifier kador
erebus valimor
2x moros valimor
omen kador
ragnarok justice
rapier justice
vagabond justice
Joan Maetsuycker
V.O.C. Bensdorp
#45 - 2017-06-13 15:57:36 UTC
I think this more for the players longer in eve then rookie with a starter ship that will be shot down with a blink of a eye by a veteran
Skuzz'kunn
Big-Daddy's
#46 - 2017-06-13 21:03:18 UTC
****-poor event haphazardly thought out by CCP.

Why do these when douche bags just fly in in a t2 ship, steal the kill, collect and warp out. Test future deployments please, unless this is another intended ******** game mechanic.

Great job "developers".
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#47 - 2017-06-14 00:06:17 UTC
dessies are probs the best thing for these sites with a good rate of fire you will always get the kill pretty much, don't bring drone boats or missiles XD
Random Lurker
Critical Strike
Nuclear Confusion
#48 - 2017-06-14 02:07:33 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
dessies are probs the best thing for these sites with a good rate of fire you will always get the kill pretty much, don't bring drone boats or missiles XD

youll also stand no chance of fighting someone who steals your wreck, bringing dessies will only encourage other T2s /T3s to steal your kill more
JC Mieyli
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2017-06-14 06:21:01 UTC
Skuzz'kunn wrote:

Why do these when douche bags just fly in in a t2 ship, steal the kill, collect and warp out. Test future deployments please, unless this is another intended ******** game mechanic.

Great job "developers".

this is a multiplayer game and you have to compete with other players
or cooperate with them
theres nothing wrong with the event its good for player interaction
and good for tears in local so its all good fun
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#50 - 2017-06-14 08:00:41 UTC
Easy enough if you leave the beaten path. Head to a high sec island away from the main areas and you will most likely have free roam. Or just go away from trade hubs into the nether regions.
erg cz
Blood Blind
Short Bus Syndicate
#51 - 2017-06-14 08:23:53 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Easy enough if you leave the beaten path. Head to a high sec island away from the main areas and you will most likely have free roam.

Not true any more. Exactly those islands attract tons of event hungry no-lifers, so you will have plenty of concurents out there. Surprisingly you will find more abandoned events sites in mission hubs. Many people run mission there so area is heavily populated, but they ignore low rewarding, repetitive event sites. Event hunters use Dotlan to find less populated areas and runs into island to create high competitve environment there.

TL;DR: Islands do have less people, but they all are dedicated event runners out there.
Flaming Water
#52 - 2017-06-15 22:12:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Flaming Water
This event was designed for the T3 Jerks to get rich, and mock us doing it.

They can come in even after you have started killing last guy and lock and kill him and get the loot.

They know there is nothing we can do to stop them and they are getting to be jerks about it.

The only good thing is the skins are <2mil for some of them at least.

Know CCP loves their T3, but to make a event for them to mock everyone else is lame even for them. Evil
JC Mieyli
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2017-06-16 03:02:04 UTC
Flaming Water wrote:
This event was designed for the T3 Jerks to get rich, and mock us doing it.

i dont think t3 has anything to do with it
why dont you just fit a ship that can do them faster
even a coercer can probably beat most ships on sites
Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2017-06-16 04:43:27 UTC
Skuzz'kunn wrote:

Great job "developers".

It trains alphas to move about and find low population areas.

Also people don't just warp in, and a kill is not something that can be stolen. ie they would have done the encounter whether you were there or not.

Lastly, you only need to find 3 of the boosters an hour to be matching a subcap ratter in nullsec, and its a lot more than you'd otherwise earn with a vexor, so its not like it doesn't pay a new player to figure out how to make money from the event.
Werlet
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2017-06-16 05:55:30 UTC
I think this even is pretty cool actually. I'm glad CCP did this. Thank you developers!
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2017-06-16 09:34:14 UTC
Ae event missions related to this? This chick in bhizeba was just listed as an event agent when I was docked up and she wants me to take a girl 5 jumps.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2017-06-16 09:36:21 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Easy enough if you leave the beaten path. Head to a high sec island away from the main areas and you will most likely have free roam. Or just go away from trade hubs into the nether regions.

Sitting on 120+ skins and 30 accelerators, can confirm.

Only 3 Plex so far though. Meh
JC Mieyli
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2017-06-16 10:14:54 UTC
just gonna add some more to my previous post about using a coercer
rogue drones are really weak to em damage so lasers are ideal
overheat your conflag and you can get about 600 dps with small guns so its nice application
just use your ab so you can get directly on the boss drone when it lands and use a sebo so you can lock it fast
i think you can beat pretty much most ships that way
Previous page123