These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Isk sink idea that needs no change to mechanics

Author
Gayooseman
Stepping Stones
#1 - 2017-06-12 19:28:53 UTC
CCP has done a few "PLEX for Good" campaigns to help charities or relief victims.

Why not have an "ISK for Good" campaign?

CCP needs isk gone from EvE, so set a target goal. whatever amount needs to be removed to help the economy set that as the goal. and say for every X amount of isk donated, CCP donates Y amount to a selected charity, if the goal is reached they donate more.
As an incentive the goal can be divided into milestones, at each milestone every player who donated over a certain amount gets a prize (eg a special edition skin). as more incentive for the big isk hoarders give a special item (isk/ship/blueprint) to the top contributor, something that others would be envious of.

so as an example (pulling figures and prizes out of thin air, others would have better ideas on them)
Goal 200T Isk

• milestone 1: 1T isk
  • milestone 2: 50T isk
  • milestone 3: 100T isk
  • milestone 4: 200T isk

anyone who donates:

• 10mil: pod skin
  • 200mil: ship skin
  • 1bil: sunesis
  • 10bil: Gnosis

Top Contributor: solid gold titan skin

I'm sure others would have better ideas as incentives but you get the general idea.

Sure it would cost CCP money, but THEY get to decide how much at the start so it would be a known risk they can plan around. plus it would help a charity so they score bonus points in PR and they remove isk from the game which would be good for the economy.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2017-06-12 20:13:50 UTC
Step 1. Prove the need for a general isk sink, as deflation is also not particularly good for an economy. The current Faucet is only in a very tiny part of the economy, not in everyones hands.

Step 2. Understand about delayed costs/income on an account, and understand why plex for good works like it does and why this wouldn't.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#3 - 2017-06-12 20:53:35 UTC
Ok... from a business perspective, this is stupid.

You want CCP to pay real money to delete fake money from their own game?

They could just delete the money from the game without the added overhead.

Now, if this was an In Game charity, and the highest donors got their corp logo on billboards, or unique Pod or Newbie ship skins or smoething, that could work.
Gayooseman
Stepping Stones
#4 - 2017-06-12 21:25:21 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Step 2. Understand about delayed costs/income on an account, and understand why plex for good works like it does and why this wouldn't.

If you could point me to some reading material to educate myself I'd appreciate it
Cade Windstalker
#5 - 2017-06-12 23:08:43 UTC
That's not how sinks and faucets work. It's a case of long term balance between ISK in and ISK out so that there isn't a big buildup of ISK in the game driving up prices and making things miserable for newer players.

Simply taking a big chunk of ISK out of the economy all at once doesn't serve that purpose well at all, and it would also likely be concentrated among a few players, so rather than actually solving the problem it just takes ISK out of the economy that already wasn't having much of an impact on prices.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#6 - 2017-06-13 00:19:45 UTC
Gayooseman wrote:

If you could point me to some reading material to educate myself I'd appreciate it

Search out CCP Financial reports, some people have analysed them and that might suffice for your understanding, if you require more I suggest an accounting degree from your closest university.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#7 - 2017-06-15 10:24:51 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Step 1. Prove the need for a general isk sink, as deflation is also not particularly good for an economy. The current Faucet is only in a very tiny part of the economy, not in everyones hands.

ccp constantly trying to think of blanket isk sinks, if only a small group has the faucet than why blanket everyone?

also I think people are underestimating the fact that people will buy plex to sell for isk if it means getting something unique that they can either flaunt or sell.

Also I don't see what the argument is over rather ccp gives money for a good cause OR they waste money attempting to develop a game and after its like half way done or even released decide not to do it because "programming is hard" as stated by ccp in their infinite wisdom.

id much have ccp give the money to a charity than waste is half making another game for them to leave.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith