These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

An Offer for Nauplius 'The Butcher'

Author
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#21 - 2017-05-26 20:06:46 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Just for the record, no true Caldari Patriot would EVER offer to help some jaijii spread a foreign religion within Caldari space.

Maybe he's the kind of attention-seeker people keep accusing Mr. Nauplius of being?

Probably. And Pieter, my money'd be on 'money'. There's never any shortage of corporatist whores in any of the Empires.

If he's really Templis, my money would be on an excuse to put the boots to Liberal scum. You could be right, though - money is always a nice motivation. I have to be honest, though, as much as I'm a Merc, no amount of money could convince me to attack State Loyalists.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2017-05-26 20:07:15 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Probably. And Pieter, my money'd be on 'money'. There's never any shortage of corporatist whores in any of the Empires.

Honest work. ;-)

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#23 - 2017-05-26 20:07:41 UTC
I can see Nauplius breaching that contract in a matter of days.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#24 - 2017-05-26 20:34:03 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

If he's really Templis, my money would be on an excuse to put the boots to Liberal scum.

That's essentially my view. I assume he's imagining a great deal more hand-wringing and dismay than is actually the case.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Arrendis
TK Corp
#25 - 2017-05-26 20:45:40 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Ooooh! I see now. Fascinating! I really need to catch up with all the new intel.

Well, at least Mister Nauplius has a fan now. It took him what? Four years?

Eh, as Aria reminded me when I was misremembering her as you... there was Funk.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#26 - 2017-05-27 01:39:23 UTC
Funk alternated between wanting to bear Nauplius's lovechild, and wanting to flay him.

Perhaps both?

I really don't know what passes for romance in those circles.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Yarosara Ruil
#27 - 2017-05-27 07:45:14 UTC
Arrendis wrote:

Eh, as Aria reminded me when I was misremembering her as you... there was Funk.

There's a slight difference between a fan and a creepy stalker.
Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2017-05-27 09:02:50 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Just for the record, no true Caldari Patriot would EVER offer to help some jaijii spread a foreign religion within Caldari space.
And yet the Caldari got upset at me for saying the same thing; That the State would never accept a foreign religion peacefully and would have to be reclaimed.

Sometimes, I do not understand how people twist fault in their minds.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#29 - 2017-05-27 09:58:26 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Funk alternated between wanting to bear Nauplius's lovechild, and wanting to flay him.

Perhaps both?

This is kinda one of the best things I've read on here in a while.

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Maximillian Triton
Doomheim
#30 - 2017-05-27 11:22:29 UTC
The RKN brought me out of retirement for this? *facepalm* well I was enjoying my fishing boat. I will be watching this with great interest, or disgust. I'm not sure which yet

"One can never escape the glaring light of destiny, no matter how dark the hole they crawl into" ~ Commodore Maximillian Triton

Arrendis
TK Corp
#31 - 2017-05-27 11:33:01 UTC
Ayallah wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
And yet the Caldari got upset at me for saying the same thing; That the State would never accept a foreign religion peacefully and would have to be reclaimed.

Sometimes, I do not understand how people twist fault in their minds.

You... may... have just gotten trolled by a classic 'No True Caldari' fallacy, Ayallah.
Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#32 - 2017-05-27 16:13:51 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:

Perhaps both?

The mere fact that most Sani Sabik refuse to do business with Funk or Nauplius should be be telling in itself.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#33 - 2017-05-27 16:16:07 UTC
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:

Perhaps both?

This is kinda one of the best things I've read on here in a while.

I have to admit... I did have a bit of chuckle when I first saw the post and made my first response.

OK, I confess, I am still having a chuckle over this and I haven't even finished by tea yet.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#34 - 2017-05-28 15:05:24 UTC
Upon reflection, I have decided to decline this offer, as it would compromise my ability to spread the message of the Red God among the Empyreans.
Kara Midular
Doomheim
#35 - 2017-05-28 15:27:00 UTC
As you wish.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#36 - 2017-06-12 08:31:52 UTC
Kara Midular wrote:
As you wish.

That evening Nauplius learned that when Kara said "As you wish" what she really meant was...

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2017-06-12 10:34:22 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
That evening Nauplius learned that when Kara said "As you wish" what she really meant was...
"Maybe I should have put more effort into naming a throwaway clone and more thought into my offer"

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2017-06-12 10:40:49 UTC
Dis gon' be gud.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Loki Vaako
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2017-06-12 11:05:40 UTC
He can run, but he can't hide forever. He'll be hunted down like the dog that he is.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#40 - 2017-06-16 07:58:27 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:
Dis gon' be gud.

What is?
Previous page123Next page