These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ideas for EVE

First post
Author
foxjazz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-06-10 23:55:39 UTC
I have been playing eve since 2003 and have experience with alliances and with lone wolfing playing.
Personally, I think CCP started hurting the game when they allowed buying isk with money, and skill injectors. Personally I think having a variety of skills shouldn’t put you at a disadvantage but having certain levels of tier skills would be how to determine what skills could be applied to. Tying the game to real world cash will always put a group of players at an extreme disadvantage.

Balancing the game:
Putting dreads in anoms where sub-caps are ratting is a crippling trick which make players either quit, or only use carriers to rat. If CCP really wanted to make the economy better, what they should do is change how the mining and types of ore works and where you can get it. They started to do stuff like this earlier in the game in safe space with different ores, but the mins were always the same.
What they should do is create 4 types of trit, mex, and others and require each type in building anything above a tech 1 ship. And 1 type is always only mined in 1 region. This would force trade between regions and distances for making tech 3 ships or tech 3 items if there are ever any. I think building anything should be easy to train. I play one character, and have paid for it because I am a casual player. And it’s in the budget. I don’t play 2 because it’s not worth it, so I have to make choices for what I can do where I use to like to do building and things. Now I just enjoy the social aspect. And gladly pay for the fun.

CCP when they nerf things, they should instead make sub caps stronger where needed rather than weaker. It’s the perception that makes players point fingers at CCP, and it’s when they go about it all wrong. When players spend their time training something for a long time, and now pay real money for it, then the “nerf” something, they should instead tax things or make them harder to build instead of hurting established players.

The best way to drive markets is to put barriers in the way like transporting types of minerals for building something, or even if it’s rare mins that can only be found in certain regions.
The way CCP is going about it now, I don’t think the game will last another year.

foxjazz
ISD Bubblemoon
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#2 - 2017-06-11 01:08:55 UTC
Moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

ISD Bubblemoon

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Tiberius NoVegas
NovKor Corp.
#3 - 2017-06-11 01:33:10 UTC
foxjazz wrote:
I have been playing eve since 2003 and have experience with alliances and with lone wolfing playing.
Personally, I think CCP started hurting the game when they allowed buying isk with money, and skill injectors. Personally I think having a variety of skills shouldn’t put you at a disadvantage but having certain levels of tier skills would be how to determine what skills could be applied to. Tying the game to real world cash will always put a group of players at an extreme disadvantage.

Balancing the game:
Putting dreads in anoms where sub-caps are ratting is a crippling trick which make players either quit, or only use carriers to rat. If CCP really wanted to make the economy better, what they should do is change how the mining and types of ore works and where you can get it. They started to do stuff like this earlier in the game in safe space with different ores, but the mins were always the same.
What they should do is create 4 types of trit, mex, and others and require each type in building anything above a tech 1 ship. And 1 type is always only mined in 1 region. This would force trade between regions and distances for making tech 3 ships or tech 3 items if there are ever any. I think building anything should be easy to train. I play one character, and have paid for it because I am a casual player. And it’s in the budget. I don’t play 2 because it’s not worth it, so I have to make choices for what I can do where I use to like to do building and things. Now I just enjoy the social aspect. And gladly pay for the fun.

CCP when they nerf things, they should instead make sub caps stronger where needed rather than weaker. It’s the perception that makes players point fingers at CCP, and it’s when they go about it all wrong. When players spend their time training something for a long time, and now pay real money for it, then the “nerf” something, they should instead tax things or make them harder to build instead of hurting established players.

The best way to drive markets is to put barriers in the way like transporting types of minerals for building something, or even if it’s rare mins that can only be found in certain regions.
The way CCP is going about it now, I don’t think the game will last another year.

foxjazz

The game will last. Not saying how long but EVE will still be here in a year, that i can say for certain.
I agree the ore and minerals need some balancing as its current mechanic isnt too great for scarcity and makes mining almost too lucrative all around. Ore probably should be refined into less minerals types but slightly greater yeild and different ore should be region exclusive in order to force more trade as you mentioned.

Not gona touch the whole capital to sub-cap issue. ill let someone take that one.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-06-11 02:08:23 UTC
I thought "eve is dying" threads were instant locked.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

foxjazz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-06-11 06:09:06 UTC
Trump doesn't follow rules, why the **** should I?
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#6 - 2017-06-11 06:56:55 UTC
foxjazz wrote:
Personally, I think CCP started hurting the game when they allowed buying isk with money

I guess during those 14 years of playing EVE you haven't been paying much attention to what's been happening, have you?

For starters, 60-day GTCs were traded for ISK right from the start in 2003. That wasn't introduced with PLEX in 2007, it was just more formalized with an in-game item.

foxjazz wrote:
What they should do is create 4 types of trit, mex, and others and require each type in building anything above a tech 1 ship. And 1 type is always only mined in 1 region. This would force trade between regions and distances for making tech 3 ships or tech 3 items if there are ever any.

I don't know. Sounds an awful lot like moon minerals (T2) and wormhole loot (T3) to me.
There was something something about moon mineral cartels and artificially controlling prices.

Your points are mood.
/thread

- Another 2003 vet.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#7 - 2017-06-11 08:47:59 UTC
Thread should be locked.

7. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

Discussion of real life religion and politics is strictly prohibited on the EVE Online forums. Discussions of this nature often creates animosity between forum users due to real life political or military conflicts. CCP promotes the growth of a gaming community where equality is at the forefront. Nationalist, religious or political affiliations are not part of EVE Online, and should not be part of discussion on the EVE Online forums.

8. Use of profanity is prohibited.

The use of profanity is prohibited on the EVE Online forums. This includes the partial masking of letters using numbers or alternate symbols, and any attempts at bypassing the profanity filter.

foxjazz wrote:

Ragnar Danskjold
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2017-06-11 10:08:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragnar Danskjold
DrysonBennington wrote:
Thread should be locked.

7. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

Discussion of real life religion and politics is strictly prohibited on the EVE Online forums. Discussions of this nature often creates animosity between forum users due to real life political or military conflicts. CCP promotes the growth of a gaming community where equality is at the forefront. Nationalist, religious or political affiliations are not part of EVE Online, and should not be part of discussion on the EVE Online forums.

8. Use of profanity is prohibited.

The use of profanity is prohibited on the EVE Online forums. This includes the partial masking of letters using numbers or alternate symbols, and any attempts at bypassing the profanity filter.

foxjazz wrote:

Fake Newz!

@op, I think it is more of a problem of overabundance of resources. They need to nerf the spawn rates of pretty much everything everywhere in order to foster more competition between players.