These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proposal] Freeing Access Mask IDs

Author
Desmont McCallock
#1 - 2012-01-23 11:06:55 UTC
While I was looking into the API Contracts call, I noticed that the same access mask (67108864) serves that call and the 2 sub -calls that are related to it (ContractsItems & Contract Bids).

So I was thinking that the same principal could be applied to the MailMessages (making MailingLists & MailBodies it sub-calls under the same access mask) and Notifications (making NotificationTexts it sub-call under the same access mask).

This way 3 access mask IDs can be freed for future use.

This could also be applied on the "Wallet" related calls but I'm under the impression that pilots would rather prefer those two to be separately accessible.

Thoughts?
Johnathan Roark
Quantum Industries
#2 - 2012-01-24 01:54:29 UTC
Desmont McCallock wrote:
While I was looking into the API Contracts call, I noticed that the same access mask (67108864) serves that call and the 2 sub -calls that are related to it (ContractsItems & Contract Bids).

So I was thinking that the same principal could be applied to the MailMessages (making MailingLists & MailBodies it sub-calls under the same access mask) and Notifications (making NotificationTexts it sub-call under the same access mask).

This way 3 access mask IDs can be freed for future use.

This could also be applied on the "Wallet" related calls but I'm under the impression that pilots would rather prefer those two to be separately accessible.

Thoughts?

I'd rather contracts be changed to match the others

EVEVERIFY - A recruiting API Verification and Audit Tool

Also try out Yapeal for your php api needs

Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#3 - 2012-01-24 06:00:34 UTC
I'm more with Johnathan on this one that the new should have followed the pattern of the old and they each got their own mask but when I brought that up before the new APIs even came out it was ignore by everyone so we ended up with the mess we have today with some done one way and others done the other way P

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

Desmont McCallock
#4 - 2012-01-24 07:51:08 UTC
Remember when I arose the matter or 32bit vs 64bit Access Mask? We are closer to that than we thought.
I will not accept any "Not enough Access Mask IDs" excuse for not giving us a PI API.