These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP Not Even Pretending.

Author
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#21 - 2017-06-06 19:52:06 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller. I'd have to wait for some guy to have his couple of hundred dollar PLEX purchase go through so he could buy the character I was selling. So much for the struggle in this harsh universe.

As for justifying corporate RMT as a solution to unofficial RMT...IT'S STILL RMT! It's completely the wrong solution.

Mr Epeen Cool

While I'm with you here, I don't want to complain too much either. CCP did a pretty good job at converting all those aurum gifts they gave us over the years since incarna. I don't buy stuff on the store, so it was all still there and is now easily used as a decent chunk of either gametime or isk.



Remove standings and insurance.

Skorpynekomimi
#22 - 2017-06-06 20:00:20 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller. I'd have to wait for some guy to have his couple of hundred dollar PLEX purchase go through so he could buy the character I was selling. So much for the struggle in this harsh universe.

As for justifying corporate RMT as a solution to unofficial RMT...IT'S STILL RMT! It's completely the wrong solution.

Mr Epeen Cool

While I'm with you here, I don't want to complain too much either. CCP did a pretty good job at converting all those aurum gifts they gave us over the years since incarna. I don't buy stuff on the store, so it was all still there and is now easily used as a decent chunk of either gametime or isk.


Back in my day, we had to extract ISK from Aurum the hard way. Check prices against the Aurum cost of stuff in the store, but with Aurum, sell for ISK.
Although I kept the goggles. I like my opaque goggles, and it hides just how godawful I am with facial construction.
Shirts are still overrated, though.

Economic PVP

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#23 - 2017-06-06 20:18:09 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Inb4 some serious spin-doctoring about why this is not a blantant pay2win ad and absolutely no problem.

This'll blow your mind: I don't care.
And I'm certain a lot of other players don't care either.

BTW you reminded me of Gevlon with your post.

From the looks of it CCP isn't finished yet. What are they working on currently? Any ideas? All those pushes to more monetization came out of the blue and even the CSM was never informed beforehand.

Let's talk in a year or two again if we are both still around.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#24 - 2017-06-06 20:27:37 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Inb4 some serious spin-doctoring about why this is not a blantant pay2win ad and absolutely no problem.

This'll blow your mind: I don't care.
And I'm certain a lot of other players don't care either.

BTW you reminded me of Gevlon with your post.

From the looks of it CCP isn't finished yet. What are they working on currently? Any ideas? All those pushes to more monetization came out of the blue and even the CSM was never informed beforehand.

Let's talk in a year or two again if we are both still around.

they were looking for a vp of microtransactions for a while and hired some guy from EA

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Scialt
Universal Sanitation Corporation
#25 - 2017-06-06 20:36:11 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller. I'd have to wait for some guy to have his couple of hundred dollar PLEX purchase go through so he could buy the character I was selling. So much for the struggle in this harsh universe.

As for justifying corporate RMT as a solution to unofficial RMT...IT'S STILL RMT! It's completely the wrong solution.

Mr Epeen Cool


I guess the point is that it's not new.

The idea of buying plex with real money and changing it into isk has been around as long as plex has. Nothing about the latest changes (or the e-mail) is new in that regard.

It is RMT... where the profits go to CCP instead of a third party. We can discuss that I suppose... but there's nothing new about it.
Orin Solette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2017-06-06 20:49:49 UTC
What else are you supposed to do with PLEX? Either you buy your character some new sunglasses/vest or you sell it. If you're using it for Omega, you're doing it wrong (unless you are activating a 2nd/3rd skill queue - not sure if PLEX on discount is cheaper than the extra queues).
tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Fraternity.
#27 - 2017-06-06 21:00:02 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Email today:

Quote:
Greetings XXXXXXXXXX,

Grab PLEX at a low price and trade for ISK to spend on your ships and interests. You can also treat yourself or a friend to an Omega upgrade and the many great items at the New Eden Store.

Act fast to get 15% off all PLEX packages until 7 June 11:00 UTC!


That's it. No dancing around what they're doing. No pretending PLEX is for game time. Get your EVE gold here!

Pretty bold RMT ad considering their stated stand on the practice.

Mr Epeen Cool


did you miss the memo?

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2017-06-06 21:21:05 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
they were looking for a vp of microtransactions for a while and hired some guy from EA

oh yeah i rememebr that
what was his name again
hell-something maybe
Endecroix
Doomheim
#29 - 2017-06-06 21:43:03 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller.


So let me get this straight, just so I am totally clear, PLEX is bad because it negates the harshness in the game in relation to consequences and yet you ... are a character seller.

So if:

CCP sells Plex so a player can shortcut flying a new ship = bad
Mr Epeen sells a character so someone can shortcut to flying a new ship = good
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#30 - 2017-06-06 21:51:57 UTC
Endecroix wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller.


So let me get this straight, just so I am totally clear, PLEX is bad because it negates the harshness in the game in relation to consequences and yet you ... are a character seller.

So if:

CCP sells Plex so a player can shortcut flying a new ship = bad
Mr Epeen sells a character so someone can shortcut to flying a new ship = good
So let me get this straight. Just so I'm totally clear.

You like to selectively quote because if you showed the whole thing people would see the idiocy of what you are saying.

Mr Epeen Cool
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2017-06-06 22:05:47 UTC
well no
she just quoted what we all saw
just none of us bothered to bring it up
because we know logic is pointless in an argument like this
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2017-06-06 22:12:25 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Endecroix wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller.


So let me get this straight, just so I am totally clear, PLEX is bad because it negates the harshness in the game in relation to consequences and yet you ... are a character seller.

So if:

CCP sells Plex so a player can shortcut flying a new ship = bad
Mr Epeen sells a character so someone can shortcut to flying a new ship = good
So let me get this straight. Just so I'm totally clear.

You like to selectively quote because if you showed the whole thing people would see the idiocy of what you are saying.

Mr Epeen Cool



Quoting your entire post below...


Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller. I'd have to wait for some guy to have his couple of hundred dollar PLEX purchase go through so he could buy the character I was selling. So much for the struggle in this harsh universe.

As for justifying corporate RMT as a solution to unofficial RMT...IT'S STILL RMT! It's completely the wrong solution.


You would routinely benefit directly from this RMT over the years, but you were completely against it.

And even the notion of selling characters....after all, if you need to wait months or longer for that pilot you need, isn't that "cold" and "harsh"?

Preach on oh principled one....P

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Zarek Kree
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#33 - 2017-06-06 22:16:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarek Kree
Mr Epeen wrote:
Endecroix wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller.


So let me get this straight, just so I am totally clear, PLEX is bad because it negates the harshness in the game in relation to consequences and yet you ... are a character seller.

So if:

CCP sells Plex so a player can shortcut flying a new ship = bad
Mr Epeen sells a character so someone can shortcut to flying a new ship = good
So let me get this straight. Just so I'm totally clear.

You like to selectively quote because if you showed the whole thing people would see the idiocy of what you are saying.

Mr Epeen Cool



No...I think she pretty much captured the point. This is a perfect example of the adage "Where you stand is based on where you sit." In your view, PLEX negates the harshness of the game, but character sales don't...because you're a character seller.

I understand your point - that before PLEX people had to earn the necessary isk for your services in-game. But citing the importance of "harshness" as an argument for why PLEX is bad still makes no logical sense from a character seller.

Besides, hasn't this PLEX ship sailed long ago? CCP isn't going to reverse course at this point. Either get on board or don't. But whining about it seems like a waste of keyboard clicks.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2017-06-06 23:18:14 UTC
You people are so funny, in a game where you can have as many accounts you want or can afford, talking about pay2win and game play consequences...

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Ebony Texas
Un4seen Development
Sev3rance
#35 - 2017-06-06 23:40:50 UTC
Plex is here to stay forever..

this community got hooked and so did Helmar so guess what..

its all your fault.. you can fuss, you can whine, you can rage all you want to.. but fact remains ccp is now swimming in the cash. don't hate on a cash cow.. think about it.

if we all end up buying more plex.. eventually ccp will fire all its staff and hire new real unbiased talent.

there's always a bright side to look at.

o7
Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2017-06-06 23:48:08 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Endecroix wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I've been against PLEX as implemented since the beginning.

For one reason. That was the day "cold " and "harsh" ceased to have any meaning when describing the game. Lose a ship? No problem, just buy some ISK and replace it.

It was especially noticeable as a character seller.


So let me get this straight, just so I am totally clear, PLEX is bad because it negates the harshness in the game in relation to consequences and yet you ... are a character seller.

So if:

CCP sells Plex so a player can shortcut flying a new ship = bad
Mr Epeen sells a character so someone can shortcut to flying a new ship = good
So let me get this straight. Just so I'm totally clear.

You like to selectively quote because if you showed the whole thing people would see the idiocy of what you are saying.

Mr Epeen Cool


My understanding of most character traders is that they held the character for a few months to finish up the most valuable skills to give the character a saleable focus. ie you were paying real life money to sub a docked entity to grow isk for nothing, which is in my opinion, morally equivalent to buying plex to sell.

[email protected] complaining about harsh in a game where what they do is trade docked objects that grow value whilst docked.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#37 - 2017-06-07 01:00:32 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Inb4 some serious spin-doctoring about why this is not a blantant pay2win ad and absolutely no problem.

This'll blow your mind: I don't care.
And I'm certain a lot of other players don't care either.

BTW you reminded me of Gevlon with your post.

From the looks of it CCP isn't finished yet. What are they working on currently? Any ideas? All those pushes to more monetization came out of the blue and even the CSM was never informed beforehand.

Let's talk in a year or two again if we are both still around.




How would you know what the CSM was informed of? Are you in it?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#38 - 2017-06-07 03:09:24 UTC
Zarek Kree wrote:


No...I think she pretty much captured the point. This is a perfect example of the adage "Where you stand is based on where you sit." In your view, PLEX negates the harshness of the game, but character sales don't...because you're a character seller.


If you are feeling dedicated enough, go back, way back, and look at all the posts I made that characters should be bound to the acct that created them and be untradeable. And yes, I was a character trader when I said that. Over and over.

But...much like even though I think lottos are a governmental tax on the stupid, if someone gifted me a winning ticket I'd be first in line to cash it. By the same token, CCP introducing RMT to buy characters is handing me a winning ticket. I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.

So there you go. Like every other person playing, I'll take advantage of a **** poor mechanic. In real life I'll stick to my principles occasionally, but never in a video game. That doesn't mean I won't be vocal about my disdain for the very mechanic that has helped make me rich.

Mr Epeen Cool
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2017-06-07 04:08:20 UTC
mr epeen you used to seem a lot smarter
but i figured it out
you deleted your sig
why did you do that?
I used to enjoy reading how typing u saved a whole two seconds
i wasted two seconds every time i read it
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#40 - 2017-06-07 04:21:42 UTC
JC Mieyli wrote:
mr epeen you used to seem a lot smarter
but i figured it out
you deleted your sig
why did you do that?
I used to enjoy reading how typing u saved a whole two seconds
i wasted two seconds every time i read it
I didn't delete it. One day I logged in and it was gone.

So it goes. vOv

Mr Epeen Cool