These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI - Am I doing it right?

Author
Mira Chieve
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#1 - 2017-06-03 11:10:11 UTC
Just wanted to check whether my krabbing operations are setup correctly or not.

CCU V
IC IV

4 extraction planets with 9 basic processors each, producing P1
1 factory planet with 18 advanced processors (to process all the P1 to P2) and 5 advanced processors to process the P2 to P3.

P4 I ignore since the margins suck and bulk is not that much of an issue. (The negative margin only evens out against the ISk saved on the m3 per JF run) Only added hassle. Moreover I probably wouldn´t be able to set it all up in one system (or max 1 jump per day) due to the many resources necessary.

After tax and Logistics fees I make about 35mil per day.

CCU V means I theoretically could get mote basic processors on each exrtraction planet, but the factory planet would not be capable of processing the extra P1 anyway, so I prefer to use the leftover power on the extraction planets to move the extractor head after the resources have run out on that spot (on small planets I can move it halfway across the planet and have enough power to link it - thus I do not need to re-build everything after having to move the extractor (which would be a total PITA))

I was wondering whether there were more efficient extraction setups? I couldn´t really come up with anything different.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2017-06-03 11:48:56 UTC
From an efficiency standpoint you are doing it right. Extraction planet making P1 is more labor intensive than making P2. P2 reduces the volume you need to ship by 75%.

You could pause the skill queue for your main and train the other 2 characters on your account to do exactly the same thing in a couple of weeks each - or use a month of multiple character training. This would Increase your profit to 100 million/day.
Mira Chieve
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#3 - 2017-06-03 12:04:17 UTC
Do Little wrote:
From an efficiency standpoint you are doing it right. Extraction planet making P1 is more labor intensive than making P2. P2 reduces the volume you need to ship by 75%.

You could pause the skill queue for your main and train the other 2 characters on your account to do exactly the same thing in a couple of weeks each - or use a month of multiple character training. This would Increase your profit to 100 million/day.

I actually am doing it on more accounts already :)

Some of them tho are running only factory planets, since the prices at which one can get P1 in null are sometimes ridiculously low (50-60 percent below Jita). Those chars can easily make 70-80mil per day.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#4 - 2017-06-03 13:26:10 UTC
In nullsec consider making PI required for fuel blocks - coolant, mechanical parts, enriched uranium, oxygen and robotics. There is probably an insatiable demand for that stuff. Nanite paste can also work well - depending how many other people have the same idea.