These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Laptop Question HP g6-1c58dx

Author
Voidfinger
Malevelon Haven
#1 - 2012-01-24 00:01:45 UTC
Hey guys, I got my girl a laptop for christmas and while I tried to talk her into an M-series Alienware she pitched a fit that it cost too much and wanted this HP from Bestbuy. Anyway, does anyone play eve on it? I have to work nights and weekends on a rotational basis and it's pretty much just sitting around so I was thinking of nabbing the laptop and playing eve and making some money while I'm at work hehe. Anyway, I'm just trying to see if anyone has this laptop and runs eve on it and how it does before I **** her off and install it on there.

Anyway, it's a HP g6-1c58dx

AMD a6-3400m quad core processor
4g DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6520G integrated graphics with the quad core.

I've heard that they play games fairly well and have seen youtube videos of laptops with the same spec's playing starcraft 2, skyrim, and other newer games so it should be able to play this with moderate settings?

Thanks
Void
Ulair Memmet
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-01-24 00:18:03 UTC
My notebook is way worse than this and plays 3 EVE clients with medium to high settings, I'm just ditching post processing, anti-aliasing and shadows. Though shadows usually work fine with one client running.

So i guess you're good ^^
Voidfinger
Malevelon Haven
#3 - 2012-01-24 00:32:13 UTC
Sweet! hello game time in the middle of the night :) maybe now I can make some isk while I'm sitting at work for 12 hours hahaha
Ai Shun
#4 - 2012-01-24 00:39:25 UTC
Ulair Memmet wrote:
My notebook is way worse than this and plays 3 EVE clients with medium to high settings, I'm just ditching post processing, anti-aliasing and shadows. Though shadows usually work fine with one client running.

So i guess you're good ^^

I play on an old HP nx9420 when I'm in motels while on the road and it too is a lower spec system and plays fine.